ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car... meet Ruby.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Really is a ladies car, not my cupper but as long as you like it don't matter about anyone else :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
im not sure if coukd ever be described as a girls car tbh haha, not that thats an insult... being a girl and all lol.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
sorry for the turd qulaity ive taken the pics off facebook

733767_10152188856213484_2013072523_n.jpg

7359_10152188856328484_2111409470_n.jpg

so next week ive had the car 5 months, covered 2.5k in it. spent a small fortune in fuel.

still totally in love with it, still not wanting to sell it (for me thats usually the case by this point)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
also took part in the super car driver day at Oulton Park last weekend

got to say convoying down the M56 with Lambos, ferarris, GTRs etc with people filming us as we go by was just an amazing experience,

521745_10152180468393484_178309935_n.jpg

549496_10152180389348484_61133021_n.jpg

I left early as i was freeeeezing and hungry so didnt take part in the parade laps which was a shame but tbh i was just so cold.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well i dont use it for work so theres a big chunk of mileage taken out of the picture, certainly not been shy with it, been rugby a couple of times, coventry and leicster its just amazing how many miles you accumulate doing crap you dont need to haha.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's not exactly going to be cheap to run although probably does 197 mpg on a decent run.

Great to be involved in a supercar run with such an illustrious branded car. I can't get on with the colour but it may have made it affordable .

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
lol i paid more because of the colour, Toro red is well regarded as one of the most beutiful colours for the vantage.

I originally wanted grey, sooooo glad i didnt as there were 2 grey ones and a white on at oulton and ... yawn lol

love you too rob

Not sure what a 197 does mpg wise but i can get 22/23 on a motorway run :)

Z4
How to make an Aston look like a mondeo in one simple step: park next to a Ultima GTR!

I rarely look at this thread as it makes me well jel.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure why, I just don't really get on with the colour tbh.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Oh n took it to LLangollen in Wales for a weekend away, got half way there and this happened
EEEEEK, car drove fine. Bit of web based research and it seems that it tends to come on when you massively change driving style, id been usung it for country lane stuff for ages then sat its ass on the motorway so it didnt like it.

image_zps28612e7e.jpg

Next morning it was back to normal... good job really as these are epic roads

image_zps6f18c171.jpg

image_zpsd4c59126.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I love the colour, it's just not the colour for an Aston imo. I bet in the flesh the colour is really deep.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
That really is stunning. I was out in a Vanquish S on Saturday - epic car.

Think the prices of these have crept up slightly

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
prices will always creap up in summer, ive made a effort not to look at the prices untill im ready to sell Probably this time next year depending what happens in life, as really it doesnt matter now.

honestly cant really describe the colour, i guarentee if you saw it in direct sunlight youd fall in love.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't think your pictures taken with a Vaseline covered lens on a nokia 6610i help your case, colour wise I mean.

I thought you had a bloody camera woman?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I phone pics the last ones, the ones in page one probably give the best indication of colour :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I do know this, the original pictures are stunning, I just couldn't see a reason for having such rubbish ones :p

South, when? I really want a proper look at it.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
image_zps10f2f393.jpg

haha well my camera was away for a while, n now ive forgotten how to use it lol

ermmm dunno, well im at Lydden Hill thursday to sunday but not in the car then it will be LeMans but only passing thru... come LeMans?

Aston Martin Vantage
Laura if your passing Banbury at any point pop into ours and I will plug the computer in to clear the emissions light and warning if you like! If you press read on the centre console it clears the 'emission service required' warning but leaves the light on, but at least you get the digital speedo back on the dash (Apologies if you already knew this)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Thanks wee man but it's all sorted now, cleared its self after a few ignition cycles, it's very annoying when it comes up with messages my washer fluid was low for ages and it bugged the hell out of me.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well this month has been expensive! could have bought a couple of new clios for the money ive spent/ will be spending.

Went in to have the door handle area sorted, there is a common fault on these that the area around the door handle reacts and causes a bubble/ bubbles, if left they can allow water in which then starts to rust the doors. Unfortunately because its a reaction and not corossion its not covered under the body work warrenty.
untitled-1_zps2361e4b8.png

So had that sorted last week, did get a goodwill contribution from Aston so not as expensive as it could have been but still.

Then with Pre LeMans checks going on id noticed the front tyres were cracked around the tread, after some investigation ive realised they were the original tyres, so although they have 5mm ish of wear left im having to replace the front before LeMans. Great

£263.50 each.

Then the Service is due next month but ive made an offer to Aston if they can get the tyres and service done at a decent price then they can have it next week.

FARK this has been an expensive month!