ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car detailed - 56k warning!

Mito Sportiva 135
Brazo - only joking mate, I love BMWs, just resent the company! Renault, as my new employer, have to say I LOVE them and every aspect of the organisation! :cool:

Rich - I don't think I will be so strong. Got a summer of love coming up though, starting with cleaning the insides of my wheels which are s**t right now, and then the callipers.

Quick question, I only have a standard wheel jack so can only remove one wheel at a time, how long does the hammerite take to dry? Might have to do 1 set of callipers a day for 4 days I am thinking. Also what do you use to prep the surface before painting Rich/ Brazo, and did you bother to lacquer afterwards? Cheers.

106 GTi
Brazo - only joking mate, I love BMWs, just resent the company! Renault, as my new employer, have to say I LOVE them and every aspect of the organisation! :cool:

Rich - I don't think I will be so strong. Got a summer of love coming up though, starting with cleaning the insides of my wheels which are s**t right now, and then the callipers.

Quick question, I only have a standard wheel jack so can only remove one wheel at a time, how long does the hammerite take to dry? Might have to do 1 set of callipers a day for 4 days I am thinking. Also what do you use to prep the surface before painting Rich/ Brazo, and did you bother to lacquer afterwards? Cheers.

Get some axle stands and a trolley jack first so you can do the front end in one hit etc. As long as your not doing the hubs you can put the wheel back on almost straight away if need be.

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool cheers Rich, maybe I can borrow some from my dad's work, not the kind of thing I really want to be forking out for right now (axle stands this is).

Don't mind taking my time though!

Did you clean with some Engine & Machine and then some wire wool one your old car I remember you did as prep before painting?

106 GTi
Cool cheers Rich, maybe I can borrow some from my dad's work, not the kind of thing I really want to be forking out for right now (axle stands this is).

Don't mind taking my time though!

Did you clean with some Engine & Machine and then some wire wool one your old car I remember you did as prep before painting?

That Brake Cleaner spray in a can and a wire brush.

Hey Brand86 I wasn't being funny, didn't know you worked for Renault now and I did buy a Renault :eek:

Mito Sportiva 135
Cheers Rich.

Brazo I was only joking too mate, think most people would agree the overall BMW lineup is stronger than Renaults, no offence taken pal!