ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car, Deep Black 197

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one bobs! I see you was after one. How you finding it compared to the 182? I know the two are very different, your old one being track focused and this in standard form.

Audi A5
Cheers mark, yeah I had the itch for one for a while now, after owning two 182's and a r26 I needed to try an 197 to complete the set!

So far I'm really enjoying it, fuel consumption doesn't seem as bad as I thought it would be, last £20 got me 100ish miles which is the same as what I got out of the 182's and meg. The interior is a much nicer place to be in, the seats are comfortable and give a great driving position. I love the way it drives as well, very slick and smooth gear change and the exhaust gives a nice subtle but addictive note.

Cons I would say are, it doesn't have that raw factor like the 182, feels very heavy and theirs very little feel through the wheel.

Also can be a bit 'flat' at times, but just like the 182's get it down a b-road, 3rd gear above 5k and it puts a smile on your face ;)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Is that because it feels smoother? I thought the same when I drove Ian's old one. Was smoother and more comfortable accelerating but lacked the punch and rawness of the 182.

Audi A5
Yeah exactly! It very smooth through the hole rev range, no kick at 5k like a 182.

More refined I guess.

Black mk3 clio
nout wrong with a non sport mate. If you ever need and parts or servicing etc send me a pm, I work at the Renault garage so I can do you a good deal ;)
Yeah its not too bad, did have the 1.4 but that got written off down seaside last year so got the 1.6. I like to say its nippy lol, not too slow.
Sounds great, ill keep that in mind, did get the cambelt done there last year so i'll deffo keep that in mind cheers :D

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Yeah exactly! It very smooth through the hole rev range, no kick at 5k like a 182. More refined I guess.

I felt that too when I drove one.. Doesn't feel like its progressing very well and then you look down at the speedo.. Opps! lol

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Yeah exactly! It very smooth through the hole rev range, no kick at 5k like a 182.

More refined I guess.

Has it had the belts done? If so where was it done? Lack of a 'kick' can be timing being out. I have a definite performance increase above 5k in my car.....

Audi A5
Has it had the belts done? If so where was it done? Lack of a 'kick' can be timing being out. I have a definite performance increase above 5k in my car.....

its still on the original belt, it had a new engine put in when covered under the Renault warranty, its not due for another year or 20k.

Their definitely is a performance increase above 5k I'm not denying that, I just feel they've smoothed out the 5k kick on the 197's that all.