ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new boost barge

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Sold the Clio after months of trying, and bought this the same week after accidentally accessing pistonheads !

4711812951_2c95cd84fc_b.jpg

MY99 UK Impreza Turbo 2000 Wagon

Mods :-
Uprated turbo, STi TMIC + brakes, H&S exhaust, Ninja (?!) sports cat, centre removed. Lowered on apex springs.
Mapped by enginetuner in Plymouth to 315HP (print out to prove: standard, remapped, then new turbo + remap again)
Can't decide if the wheels suit it really well, or look bloody awful and chavtastic.

Plans :-
Coilovers + hand it to Mark Fish.
Boost / oil temp gauge.
Turbo timer.
Fit decent ICE as the JVC head unit is RUBBISH.
Powdercoat wheels as there's some light curbing, but when I work out what colour and need new tyres later on.

That's about it for now .. Ugly, green and goes like stink !!!

I flippin' loves it !

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
  ValverInBits
surely FMIC is on the cards? Top of the engine is a rubbish place for an intercooler

nice car.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i know what you mean on the wheels mate im undecided to , id probs stick with them tho tbh.

FMIC all the way !!! should make a nice difference

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
tmic is actually pretty good on scoobies... the bonnets help a huge amount...

RB 182
Nice! I'm thinking of getting another Scooby to use as a track toy later in the year, I miss mine!

Get a quality oil pressure gauge in there though!! The Rota's suit them, although I think they'd look better a bit darker against the green.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers guys !

Martin - Do it !

Wheels - I'm thinking of going darker, but not black. Gunmetal / grey / anfasite ... Friends either hate them or love them .. then change their minds later. :S

FMIC ... maybe. Later... Or not. It's not exactly shy as it is ! :D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm a bit disappointed, I expected it to be insanely clean in these photo's and there to be about 1,393,905 of them!

Wheels grey is an absolute must for me, that with coilies and I think it'll look smashing then. :D

P.s your avatar is too small :rasp:

53 Clio's & counting
Looks quite nice mate, only problem iv found with a front mount is it does give a bit more lag, and if its 315bhp its exactly going to be shy atm lol

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm a bit disappointed, I expected it to be insanely clean in these photo's and there to be about 1,393,905 of them!

Wheels grey is an absolute must for me, that with coilies and I think it'll look smashing then. :D

P.s your avatar is too small :rasp:

I only got to 1,393,901 so decided it wasn't worth the bother.

Wheels will go darker if I keep the car long enough to need new tyres !

Looks quite nice mate, only problem iv found with a front mount is it does give a bit more lag, and if its 315bhp its exactly going to be shy atm lol

It ain't shy :evil: FMIC is waaaaay down the list of things to blow several hundred of my hard earned on at the moment ! :boring:

The wheels are off a P1 aren't they? Newage wheels really suit classics too. :)

Wheels are Rota .. somethings.....

I absolutely love that!!

Thanks Mr Colshe. I absolutely love it too..!

I like that!

Bet the reg is worth a few quid aswell!

He said it's worth couple of hundred and it would be £150 to put on retention, but not worth it as he's not getting another scooby for a few years. I'm going to change my name to match the plate ;)

Rb 182
Really like that. I loved my Wagon although only ran it for a few months, as she was a greedy b**ch on the fuel.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Jebus ;)

Fuel .. yeah .. *sticks fingers in ears shouting LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOOOU*

I think its going to be mid 20s on fuel haha. It was empty when I got it, and I've only filled up once since getting home, and theres half a tank left !

I was looking at other turbo'd things (mk1FRS, TT240 sport) and the way i'm looking at it, i'm £6-8k up from purchase price and they wouldnt be much (if any!) better on fuel.

Friends have BINI Cooper S mk1 which does 22mpg (standard) .. i think he has a lead foot, and another has a Focus ST2 which does about the same. I think the scooby will be ok to me at the pumps.

/fingers in ears

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol anything fast tends to drink fuel, i dread to think what im gonna be getting after this rebuild... estimated at 12mpg on a sensible drive...

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi all.

I've still got it...

The Clio (ph2) has gone at last, so the burblebus is back on the road.

This weekend I treated it to an oil change and some new wheels !

5805993492_826e455c1e_z.jpg

New boots front by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

5805993974_f9ba867d60_z.jpg

New boots low by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Plans in the next months are to paint the bumpers and bonnet to get that looking a little neater, as well as get the damn sideskirt back on. Think the front splitter will go back to black (plastic) too to match the rest, but I'm unsure at the moment.

Need to sort the speakers out as it sounds terrible with just a pair of crappy front 13cm or maybe 15cm speakers... Sound deadening and some decent components and I might not even feel the need for a sub. We'll see..!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers chaps !

Ha.. Tom, pics were taken as it got dark at about 21:30 last night .. couldn't be bothered going out anywhere to get pics before it's resprayed etc.

:eek:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I want your brakes. I'm fed up of being scared every time I try and slow down.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I want your brakes. I'm fed up of being scared every time I try and slow down.

Scoobynet. Buy some. Send me the rears.

Rotas.

I am disappoint. :dapprove:

Love the fact it's a wagon though.

DILLIGAF ? ;)

They're round, fit under the arches, and have transformed the handling !! Couldn't care less if it said 'Asda' on the receipt. It's hardly a show car !

Grubby, work horse wagons FTW :)

Like those wheels.

Looks lovely. Good job.

Cheers :D