ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new BMW (F30) 328i M-Sport BSM + Coral Red

M135i
Hello all....

Just thought I'd drop in with a few pics of my new 328i M-Sport. Thought you guys might want a nosey as they're still pretty rare at the moment...

That'll change soon I imagine though as they start appearing on more company car lists. At least mine being a petrol 328 should hopefully remain quite rare compared with diesels!

I actually picked the car up on September 1st, but a combination of being away in London on business has meant that I've not been able to drive it that much.....

Handover.....

photo6.jpg

Spec was pretty simple. I definitely wanted the petrol 328i as opposed to the sensible choice of a 320d. I really wanted a black car again despite the nightmare of keeping them clean, and I definitely wanted coral red leather just to brighten the interior up a bit despite all my friends telling me it'd look too "pimp".

328i M-Sport
Manual
19" wheels
Black Sapphire metallic
Coral Red leather
Professional Nav
iPhone Adaptor
Xenons
Heated Seats

Made the order official way back in May (but actually put deposit down in March!) so it was a long wait.....

Literally soon as I got it, I had to tuck it up in the parent's garage whilst I headed off to London for a long 2 weeks (given the recent ahem, "issues" with BMW' keys, I didn't fancy leaving it at my flat unattended for 2 weeks!)

photo8.jpg

It was good to get back in drive. Compared to my old FD2, was initially a bit shocked at the body roll, but probably to be expected given the the FD2 rode like it had no suspension.

photo7.jpg

photo5.jpg

I much prefer BMW's take on the DRLs - on the Bee-em's, it's integrated into the angel eyes. Looks much tidier and classier than the Audi style band - all in my opinion of course. (admittedly my crappy picture doesn't quite capture it properly...)

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo11.jpg

Really impressed with the interior - BMW seem to have made much more of an effort to catch up with Audi these days.....

photo3.jpg

Really like the steering wheel - nice and chunky and soft touch. Still can't decide whether I prefer the wheel in an S3/RS4, but its much improved on the old non M-car wheels of old....

photo4.jpg

As for the engine, a lot has been said about the death of the straight 6...... Whilst I'd agree that the new engine doesn't have the character of old, you can't argue with the numbers. 60 comes up in under 6 seconds and I don't doubt that. It certainly feels as rapid as my old (mildly tuned FD2) in a straight drag race, and infinitely more punchy through the gears. I can't wait to see what a remap could potentially do...

Finally, there's also a "BMW remote" app now. It lets you do things such as unlock your car, flash the lights or precondition the heater/fan from your iPhone.

photo-1.png

There's also a "locate my car" function linked to Google maps which could be potentially useful in checking up on your other half or even as a "tracker" style function.

To be fair, the apps work a bit too slow for my liking. For example, if you "unlock" your car with your phone, its a good 2 or 3 minutes before the car actually responds.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the boring car park photos....

Arctic 182, GTD
Looks awesome! Seen a few of these now as I work right next to a BMW garage, defo prefer them to the E92.

M135i
Yeah, the "28" is now actually a 4 pot turbo.

Purists are mad because its no longer a straight 6, but being an accountant I'm all about the numbers ;)

245bhp, 258ib ft, 0-60 in 5.9s, 149g CO2 and (supposedly) 40+mpg on the combined cycle.

That's good enough for me! Still want someone to hurry up and develop a remap though........ :)

M135i
5.9s to 60????

That seems a little on the half full side to me!

Edit; http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/275620/new_bmw_3series_review.html

According to a few youtube vids I've seen posted on Bimmerpost, some of the US guys have been managing 5.5s (!) on some runs. I didn't really believe it myself, but then a few did some dyno runs and found the cars to be making quite a bit more power than BMW claimed, which I suppose would explain it.

It certainly feels as fast as my old FD2 (which was supposedly a sub 6 second car). That's despite it only having about 600 miles on it, so personally I can believe BMW's numbers.

Mind you, I doubt I could get near those numbers myself. The gearbox feels nowhere near as nice as the rifle-bolt action in my old Type R. Think I'd struggle to bang through the gears at any great speed. Hopefully the 'box will free up over time a bit.....

An orange one
That is a nice car mate! Great spec!

If I had to find one small personal fault, I dislike the wheels and I can't believe they are 19's either, but things like that are down to the individual!

Black with red works superb! :)

M16a
Looks great mate.

We got our 320d a few months ago in the opposite colour combo. Red/Black interior..

Gearbox in ours is a bit "stiff" (for want of a better word) but it's still only done a few thousand miles.

Completely agree with the interior, spec is the same as ours minus the 19's and M-Sport kit. Superb choices.

Hope you enjoy it.

320d
Really like that. Looks like it should be a great all rounder for you.

Lol @ checking up on your other half though. Who needs trust these days when your phone can track their car.

looks really good, especially the wheels and interior, the crash reg bonnet and front make it look like its got a furrowed brow though!

Turbos.
Looks like a nice car, but as i've said before, its great whilst its new, but i couldn't deal with having a car where every street corner you turn round will have an identical one sitting there. It seems a great choice made by the head, but my problem is those sort of cars last a matter of months with me!

Leon Cupra 300
Lovely that. Looks a lot nicer than the E90.. hopefully that will bring them down in price even more for when i pick my 330d up next year!

For me i'd of gone for the Oyster leather instead of the red to brighten the interior up but would of kept the black exterior.

I'd of added privacy glass, really needs it IMO ~(but easy to retrofit) and the Sports auto.

Enjoy :D

M135i
Thanks for all the comments guys (good and bad - everyone's entitled to their opinion)

Agreed that maybe in a few months it will look a bit "run of the mill" but having driven a big spoilered JDM motor around (and therefore looked like a wannabe extra from Fast and Furious) for the last 2 years; I'm ready to grow up and settle into a more mature car and look a bit more business-like. At the end of the day its a nice spec 3 Series, so at least it'll stay looking reasonably classy for a few years to come.

Interesting how people keep bringing up the comparison with S3 - that was actually on my shortlist and there were some really good deals to be had because of the new shape arriving. I do like them, but in the end I didn't want to end up with a £30+k motor that wouldn't be a current shape after 6 months anymore. It'd just annoy me.

Still really pleased with the engine choice I have to say- such a wonderfully flexible engine. Just fingers crossed the 'box gets a bit more smoother to use.

Think I'll leave the privacy glass, but a remap and possibly the black front grills are on the cards.

If I get really bored.... a subtle drop and some BBS CHs would look lovely I reckon........ Might have to be reps though not sure I can afford the real deal anymore! :p

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Really like it! Lovely car. I think i'd be more than happy with a 320i new 3 series. 180 odd bhp so would defo go better than my current 320i. But sadly not in my prcie bracket. Would love a 328. really quite jealous :( LOL

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
That looks well. Very evolutionary styling (which is no bad thing). E90 shell with F10 rear lights and a new front end. This makes me very excited about the new M3!

172, Tiguan
Very nice. My boss took delivery of his new 320d last week. Not 100% sold on the front end, but the quality is apparent. Nice car.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Black car + Red Leather! Ooooosh and boooom! (Only because mines the same lol)