ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new BMW 330.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cracking buy. Get pre-facelift alloys though; Much nicer, IMO.

You think?

100_4570.jpg

It came with the MV2's and i think i prefer them..

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Nice purchase! How are your wings for rust?

MV1's look so much better than MV2's btw :)

Never above 25mpg
MV2s look great Tom, I like either but prefer MV1s (am biased ;)) I have the front smoked indicators but I'm wanting standard ones now, only reason I bought them as the fittings on my original ones were perished!

Definitely after some eibachs (15mm drop) but they suit so well! Not sure if I could trust myself though seeing as I'm accident prone in this at the moment.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice purchase! How are your wings for rust?

MV1's look so much better than MV2's btw :)

Theyre really good. I did a good check on the weekend and they could do with some sort of rust guard though. I found one very small water blister on the underside (which cant be seen) of the arch so i think a bit of prevention is needed. Luckily the rest of the car is mint.

MV2s look great Tom, I like either but prefer MV1s (am biased ;)) I have the front smoked indicators but I'm wanting standard ones now, only reason I bought them as the fittings on my original ones were perished!

Definitely after some eibachs (15mm drop) but they suit so well! Not sure if I could trust myself though seeing as I'm accident prone in this at the moment.

Yeah i think if i got some i'd end up hating them. Sometimes they look alright, other times a bit max power.

Reps are not the creme de la creme of anything. Unless you are a poverty stricken Asian drugdealer.

Imho, MV1's looks best on the pre-facelift, & MV2's look better on the post facelift.

CSL's look best on CSL's. End.

I really cant stand MV1's but i agree about the CSL comment.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The first mod has happened -

56d6ef50-1.gif

Tinted side repeaters as my others were yellowing. I'm pretty sure im going back to oem clear though. The pic doesnt look bad but there's something i cant warm too.

Also, just to prove they can be OK on fuel -

931b178c.gif

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That must have been very light footed. I manage to get that in the z4 when only motorway.

That was mixed driving over 30 miles. All at the speed limit. Not granny shifting but driving sensibly. I've had it up near 38 on the motorway but with cc set at 70. I sware its actually a bit better at 75 though?!

I really think I might end up with one of these next, probably a touring though. Cant help looking at the threads on them and wanting one.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I really think I might end up with one of these next, probably a touring though. Cant help looking at the threads on them and wanting one.

Do it. You wont regret it. They're a weird one though.. the first week i wasnt too sure on it. It didnt feel quick, very refined etc. Now i bloody love it. Other cars in its price range just dont seem to compare.

Love that.

Thanks

Yep, looks great.

:)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Little update. I've had two new front wings fitted and painted and i'm very happy with it again. Basically when i got it the wings were mint. After two months rust started coming through at alarming rate. Basically they had been rubbed down and painted before i bought it. A very good job was done at painting but clearly not the rest. My mate had them off at his body shop and the inside of the wings were a state.

54fc9cc8.gif

827d6d46.gif

Crap pics but she is mint again. New bulbs have just been ordered for the factory xenons to freshen them up and i'm going to order some coils and spacers. A little holiday to Barbados is happening first though. :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
How on earth did I miss this? Looks in good nick, any plans?

Haha had it a little while now. Good to be pushed rather than pulled again..:) Coilovers and space the wheels a touch firstly. I may look at some wheels at a later date. I'd stick to 18's though. Not a fan of 19's on a 46.

Looks great mate.

Cheers buddy!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks superb mate. Was never a fan of the colour but in the sun it looks fantastic.

Lovely shape to the car.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Do i buy these off a mate for mates rates? 19" Finichi Bayerns

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

Normally i would say no as they're black but then i can refurb them at a later date. Also, im not massively keen on 19's. It's just the fact they are there. Ready to go with brand new tyres.