ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new BMW 330.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I went to view this yesterday and ended up purchasing it. Its such a lovely drive. Effortless and much more firm than the 330 SE my mother used to drive.

It has loads of options, Leather electric seats in great condition, cruise, etc. Harman Kardon sound system, rain sensitive wipers, auto xenon headlights, sunroof etc

$(KGrHqNHJFIE88e5ST0oBPTrWtsbo!~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqVHJF!E88evprYEBPTrWT7cQ!~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqVHJBEE8+gQM(39BPTrWhFBBg~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqRHJBYE9BSM9N,GBPTr(H1QEw~~60_3.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
119k, FSH, just had the waterpump, belt and thermostat done. Paid 2.6K.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Cheap! Good buy! Great cars.

Good spec with zenons, sunroof and HK. I prefer the original pre-facelift alloys though.

I'm sure you'll enjoy that!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I thought it seemed cheap. They guy was really nice too. Also only about 5 mins from my house. From what i've seen its got to be worth 3k?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely looking car!! But yeah, as you say, its worth £3k all day long really :)

Thanks mate. You're a E46 guru. Is there any standard headunits with a Aux in? Any decent forums?

The one thing i feel the car does need is a shorter shift although the gearbox is nice.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd honestly say more than 3k, the 3.0's do command a small premium.

Re: Aux in, the easiest option, but still a bit of a pain is to run a wire from the CD changer to the glove box, there's a direct interface available for about £60/70 and it just replaces the CD changer as long as you have one.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd honestly say more than 3k, the 3.0's do command a small premium.

Re: Aux in, the easiest option, but still a bit of a pain is to run a wire from the CD changer to the glove box, there's a direct interface available for about £60/70 and it just replaces the CD changer as long as you have one.

Its certainly alot better than most i've seen around this price. Its been very well looked after.

Yeah there is a CD changer in the boot. Any links to what i am looking for? Im currently using one of those tape things which is far from great..haha

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Yeah there is a CD changer in the boot. Any links to what i am looking for?

Well, judging from your previous posts, you're fairly mechanically aware, so have a read of this: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1537420

'iPod aux in' via the CD changer cable for less than £15 on the pre-02 model headunits like yours. You'll have to check exactly what unit you have - previous owner may have already upgraded to the later headunit as that already has a 'aux in' socket (as well as the CD changer input) on the back of the headunit :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ah great thanks Dave. The guy did say he had some sort of ipod connection that was in the centre consol but he took it out but said it still has the wiring? I will take the headunit out over the weekend and see what i can find.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks people. Im happy with it for now. I do get bored easily though but i'll try and keep interested..haha

The only thing i have to sort on it is the headlight washers are leaking. Common problem i am told but a pita with the new MOT regs.

Never above 25mpg
Great buy! Bit more spec'd up than mine! If you do get rid of the CD changer let me know as I'm after one for my dad.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
b*****d!!! i hope i have the same luck getting exactly the same motor/spec this week:p what site did you find it on mate?

Oh looks stunning btw hence im about to own one:D

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Nice car decent price! Some people on here have paid way over the odds for their 330s.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure you can fit a Z3M shifter then a ZHP shift knob for about £70 all in.

Ah really? I'll look into that.

b*****d!!! i hope i have the same luck getting exactly the same motor/spec this week:p what site did you find it on mate?

Oh looks stunning btw hence im about to own one:D

I found this on Ebay but bought it only after a day into auction. I asked what his "buy it now" was it happened to be very reasonble. I was checking pistonheads, gumtree and autotrader aswel.

Such a lovely effortless car to drive though. I'd say i do better on fuel in this than most things. The needle hasnt really moved much but then its under 2.5k revs most of the time.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
e2137f54.gif

Now with 13 months MOT. :D Straight through.

Im really unsure whether to leave this car standard or get some eibach sportlines? Also, im tempted to get some tinted front indicators. Hmm this is the only car when i think standard might be better.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
e2137f54.gif

Now with 13 months MOT. :D Straight through.

Im really unsure whether to leave this car standard or get some eibach sportlines? Also, im tempted to get some tinted front indicators. Hmm this is the only car when i think standard might be better.

Subtle changes are where its at on these IMO, black kidneys, slightly lower etc

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Great looking car. Such a good buy too.

Leave it standard IMO.

Thanks mate. Yeah im thinking standard although it feels a little soft compared to some of the cars ive owned. All im thinking with this type of car when it comes to resale will somebody really want a modified example?

Edit -

What do people use/recommend to keep my leather sweet? Its in great condition and i want to keep it that way..