ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new BMW 316i

Jap Box
Got some more pictures

CarnageBMW004.jpg

CarnageBMW008.jpg

DSC02795.jpg

CarnageBMW005.jpg

Just need to get some updated pictures later, ive colour coded the boot surround and the tow bar cover. Original gear knob is also inside too, hoovered it all and put on the missing bits of trim :)

Jap Box
Get some mats in there, it'll make a big difference.

Yeah its just missing the drivers mat which is annoying, think the old owner must have bought a set that wouldnt fit around the throttle pedal so must have just thrown it.

Next on the list is a carbon kidney grill to get rid of that chrome one :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Needs a proper tidy, stereo fitting properly, chrome plate surround gone and better wheels.

Jap Box
Needs a proper tidy, stereo fitting properly, chrome plate surround gone and better wheels.

Has been hoovered :) different headunit now too which has a cage in place so it isnt popping out, tried getting the chrome surround off but the screw head simply crumbled away when I touched it so its stuck on until I bother to drill it out.

Wheels will be staying the same until new tyres are needed, they dont look too bad to be honest, just need a good clean, might refurb them in black but im not sure if it will look tacky on the car or not.

330i. E30 Touring.
Can't lose on that really.

Keep it for a year, when you get bored, drop a 328/535/540/m3 lump in depending on budget.

Jap Box
Can't lose on that really.

Keep it for a year, when you get bored, drop a 328/535/540/m3 lump in depending on budget.

Engines really smooth at the moment so dont want to go fiddling around with that at the moment, depending on insurance in the future though it might be an option. Cant really do a very good sleeper affect with a BMW though I dont think.

Few small bits being done this week, new handbrake cables and colour codeing the bump strips dependant upon the weather, also need to run through the wiring to the fog lights as their not working but showing on the dash so it could just be as simple as blown bulbs.

White clique
i reckon remove the chav back lights and chrome number plate surround, plus the sticker, and it could look tidy.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah its just missing the drivers mat which is annoying, think the old owner must have bought a set that wouldnt fit around the throttle pedal so must have just thrown it.

Next on the list is a carbon kidney grill to get rid of that chrome one :)

I'd just tidy it up rather than buy fake carbon for it.

Plain plates, decent mats, OE lights and a wheel refurb.

BMW 330ci
Looks quite tidy tbf, will defo be an improvement over the clio. My dad had one of these a few years back in blue, well it was a 318 TDS. Was a nice place to be in. Also got a few things left over from the sale as never bothered with them, but having a clearout now. Theres a few things on eBay which Im selling, original radio, and a mint set of wheels, literally one mark on them, tyres are probably just about legal. Have a look and PM if your interested. Dont mean to hijack you thread just thought they might be of some use to you, and want them to go to someone who will look after them, and have use for them.

Wheels
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160765510...LX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649#ht_500wt_1361

Radio
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160765501...LX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649#ht_500wt_1361

Jap Box
i reckon remove the chav back lights and chrome number plate surround, plus the sticker, and it could look tidy.

Prefer these lights over the ambers that were on there before. Was after some M3 Evo style ones that are clear but could only find ones that fitted the compact models or they would be at a crazy price. Will be removing chrome surround when I can, screws just rusted it on. Sticker will be staying there for personal reasons.

I'd just tidy it up rather than buy fake carbon for it.

Plain plates, decent mats, OE lights and a wheel refurb.

Only £20 for the grills, got an extra job so ive got another £100 a week to toy with on this project now :) Mats are on the list and pressed plates .

Ball so hard.

That s**t cray

Looks quite tidy tbf, will defo be an improvement over the clio. My dad had one of these a few years back in blue, well it was a 318 TDS. Was a nice place to be in. Also got a few things left over from the sale as never bothered with them, but having a clearout now. Theres a few things on eBay which Im selling, original radio, and a mint set of wheels, literally one mark on them, tyres are probably just about legal. Have a look and PM if your interested. Dont mean to hijack you thread just thought they might be of some use to you, and want them to go to someone who will look after them, and have use for them.

Wheels
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160765510...LX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649#ht_500wt_1361

Radio
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160765501...LX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649#ht_500wt_1361

Thanks, is a nice touch with the center armrest to use when on the dual carriageway ha ha.

Not after wheels at the moment, got pretty much brand new tread on these ones so will want them to wear down a bit first and got my own headunit in there :)

Installed the sub and amp today, so much easier than the clio to wire through and hide wires, just need to fine tune it now as with it being a bigger car it doesnt quite reach the front as well.

Jap Box
Loving the deadmau5 sticker ;)

Chrome number plate is Asia spec though get rid.

Thanks, was drunk when I applied it so have no idea why I thought it looked good there, and its slightly slanted lmao.

Yeah im getting rid of that as soon as I can get the screw out :)

Jap Box
Got the rest of the rear colour coded, will get around to the rest when ive got spare time :)

DSC02805.jpg

Have a problem with the alarm setting itself off, think it might be a problem with the battery as when im starting the car its dropping in revs and almost cutting out, then the battery light flickers on the dashboard. Only £35 for a new one anyway so will have to put a multimeter on there to check it out.