ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new BMW 316i

Jap Box
My clio's being picked up tonight by its new owners, so today I went to get my recent purchase :)

BMW 316i 1.6

420462_10150624941248853_565113852_9157517_1265056940_n.jpg

Not taken any other pictures yet, just needs a few bits done to it to get it back up to scratch.

Rear wheel bearings
New interior door handle surrounds (3 are missing)
Car mats
Good hoover
Clean inside and out

Got it for a bargain £350 though with all the belts done 2000 miles ago, plus it came with two spare alloys with tyres, plus 4 rear light lenses, two headlight lenses and fog lights :)

Nice step up from the 1.2 anyway :)

Attachments

• 420462_10150624941248853_565113852_9157517_1265056940_n.jpg
    420462_10150624941248853_565113852_9157517_1265056940_n.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 85
  Jap Box
My old man had a 316 in the early 90s. Back then it was all about the badge baby.

Its not a bad car to be fair :) budget was less than £500 and this popped up on auction so I took a gamble :) drives really well, steering is nice and light compared to the clio too.

Mk5 golf gti
my mate has one and hates it purely as its so slow but has terrible economy

6cyl FTW

Suzuki Jimny
I wouldn't have a BMW without a 6 cylinder. Got to be an improvement on your clio though...

Jap Box
my mate has one and hates it purely as its so slow but has terrible economy

6cyl FTW

Just seems fast at the moment going from a 1.2 then :rasp:

I wouldn't have a BMW without a 6 cylinder. Got to be an improvement on your clio though...

Yep, great improvement, had enough of everythin going wrong in the end, and it was letting water in various different places :(

Nah saloon model, didnt like the rear end of the compact ones to be honest, and they cost more to insure and buy

Rb 182
I hated every min of my ownership of one. Had visions of me Tokyo drifiting about with it "stanced". None of that happed, bought for £150 used for 6 months sold for £450.

Jap Box
I hated every min of my ownership of one. Had visions of me Tokyo drifiting about with it "stanced". None of that happed, bought for £150 used for 6 months sold for £450.

Having some fun with it at the moment :) doesnt seem too bad on petrol too, well havent had to fill it up at all yet anyway :p

Use it. Sell it. Make money. Job done

Thats the plan, get the MOT sorted on it, use it till august when my insurance is up for renewal and find something else.

Bet i could find some rot on that with my inspection hammer.

More than likely is rotted somewhere, arches are all ok though and under the engine etc, odd for a car this old I thought.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not sure why everyone is making this out to be a bad choice, faster than the clio, will drive better than the clio and be a better car for motorways etc, will probably have a nicer interior than the clio, won't rattle, won't fall apart....

Good buy for the money with the new belts included, what wheels has it got on it etc? If they're pony, a nice set of the correct era BMW wheels and a good clean up will see it looking half acceptable.

Jap Box
Not sure why everyone is making this out to be a bad choice, faster than the clio, will drive better than the clio and be a better car for motorways etc, will probably have a nicer interior than the clio, won't rattle, won't fall apart....

Good buy for the money with the new belts included, what wheels has it got on it etc? If they're pony, a nice set of the correct era BMW wheels and a good clean up will see it looking half acceptable.

Cheers :) is a lot faster in comparison to the clio and love all the extras the last car didnt have like electric windows, mirrors, sunroof, height adjustable seats etc.

No idea on the wheels but they are genuine BMW ones, heres a pic showing them from the ebay add, havent had a good day to give it a clean and take pictures myself :(

$(KGrHqV,!lEE8385ivKkBPUQjIZ5MQ~~60_12.jpg

Inside, since this the wood surround on the heater controls and wheel has gone though so its all black :) for the year its clean inside to be honest, just needs some new front door handle trim as they have gone walkies :p and a new gear knob too as I hate the current one.

$(KGrHqZ,!iYE82nY1NPgBPUQjj,kDg~~60_12.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
FPMSL. Interesting is an interesting word to use.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
My clio's being picked up tonight by its new owners, so today I went to get my recent purchase :)

Got it for a bargain £350 though with all the belts done 2000 miles ago, plus it came with two spare alloys with tyres, plus 4 rear light lenses, two headlight lenses and fog lights :)

Nice step up from the 1.2 anyway :)

Dont think any E36 ever had timing belts. Pretty sure they are all chains which wouldn't have been changed. Might wanna check that out

Jap Box
That's an interesting steering wheel cover.

FPMSL. Interesting is an interesting word to use.

Was the first thing to be pulled off, ha ha. Was another interesting one in the boot too but I threw them both.

Dont think any E36 ever had timing belts. Pretty sure they are all chains which wouldn't have been changed. Might wanna check that out

Recept says Belts, pulleys L+R and some other word I cant read. Whatever belts are at the front of the engine are brand new anyway lol, will have a look in my haynes manual when it arrives :)

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
£350 = bargain.

Everyone getting on their high horses need to get a grip. It was £350!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love it's honestness. No air and graces about it! ;)

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Was the first thing to be pulled off, ha ha. Was another interesting one in the boot too but I threw them both.

Recept says Belts, pulleys L+R and some other word I cant read. Whatever belts are at the front of the engine are brand new anyway lol, will have a look in my haynes manual when it arrives :)

Thatll be an aux belt and pulley. BMW use chains instead of cambelts which is nice

Rb 182
my old £150 shed.

P010611_1757.jpg

318is power. As i said sold it for £450 somone then crashed into the back of it and the guy got £1k from the insurance????

Hated it!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Bargain, all colour coded too. Hideous steering wheel, what was the last owner thinking! And yes, get the gear knob changed as well. Wheels seem about right for age. I love the old school clocks on them.

I think I've seen your username on bimmerforums IIRC. Signed up?

Jap Box
Thatll be an aux belt and pulley. BMW use chains instead of cambelts which is nice

Ah right, thanks :)

my old £150 shed.

P010611_1757.jpg

318is power. As i said sold it for £450 somone then crashed into the back of it and the guy got £1k from the insurance????

Hated it!

Ha ha, not bad for the price to be honest, not too sure on the colour though.

HAHAHA! Made me literally LOL!

But - stop giving the OP hassle folks. It cost £350. That's a lot of metal (maybe rust) for the money! Can't really knock it tbf at that price.

Thanks, was good for the money :)

Bargain, all colour coded too. Hideous steering wheel, what was the last owner thinking! And yes, get the gear knob changed as well. Wheels seem about right for age. I love the old school clocks on them.

I think I've seen your username on bimmerforums IIRC. Signed up?

Yep :) wheel is gone now lol and the wooden dials. Yeah im on bimmerforums, few more pics are on there :)