ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 182

clio 182 turbo
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
back into the fold with a 182 ,in black gold .

That looks really smart! :up:
Random question, but was it on pistonheads like a week/2 weeks ago? Its the red badges on wheels that look really familiar........ was looking at it myself online as was recently after a 182 but have just bought one much closer to home

clio 182 turbo
It may have been on there I did not see it tbf ,
This is mint ,just a few chips on the bonnet ,as I say all suspension work is done ,arb ,shocks springs ,brembo disc ,ds3 pads ,stainless exhaust and decat .
All I'm going to do is paint bonnet ,rs tuner map some spare wheels enjoy on the road and use it on the track .
Not going to strip this one just leave as is .

clio 182 turbo
Had the wheels powder coated candy red ,not everyone's taste but not one to follow trends .

Cars nearly ready to use now .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    544.2 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    437.2 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    427.3 KB · Views: 146
  clio 182 turbo
ill update soon with some pictures ,purchased the car thinking it was tip top shape but needs a few thing s .
so I refurbed all the wheels this needed doing ,acid dip then powder coated in candy apple red .
pass side caliper sticking on ,so replaced both front calipers pads and discs .
now I just found out the drive shaft is some cheap jr product so I have sent a original one off to be refurbed ,then the car will be a1 with no problems .

clio 182 turbo
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Been doing little bits and bobs to it ,had the driveshafts reconditioned,spent some time mop and polishing comes up well ,today got the new coilovers fitted up ,yes they have been locked off ,then it's off to engine dynamics for turbo next week ,bucket seats ,then over winter engine resto .
Where is the best place to get brembo brake set up ready with brackets from .

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Looks rather nice mate love the colour of the wheels. It just works. That's will be awesome when boosted. Oh I need more money lol

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
About a week ,reading all the reviews and doing homework engine dynamics was the choice ,rather pay extra for a top job then a botched job

A week is acceptable given the work required. I may go down this route myself next year if i decide i'm happy to keep the clio for a couple more years at least.... I'm still unsure if i want more power and whether turbo is the best route for me. I quite fancy a R26 too.

It baffles me why people agree to leaving there car with someone for upto 3 months for the same/similar work to be done.

clio 182 turbo
its a lot of money for a clio 182 ,but at the end of the day only here once ,agree be good to drive it and see the difference and see how much better it is on a track .

clio 182 turbo
ill get some pics up tomorrow when I clean the car ,only been out it a short while and the car is transformed right amout of power .

the work is excellent and and everything fits as it was from factory ,I have had a new lambda sensor on there .

no after about 30 mins of driving the engine light comes on with p1036 sensor ,im hoping its a faulty sensor and this cures it .

I will leave the rest of it until this problem is sorted im hoping its just one of them things ,then I will do a full review .

clio 182 turbo
Had the car back for a week now ,little bit of a problem new lambda sensor was faulty but soon sorted .
Engine Dynamics done the conversion for me had a good deal so let them crack on ,easier then me sorting all the parts and messing myself ,the car itself is transformed the power take off from low down to 6k revs is all there because its low boost it does not throw you back in the seat (not like 40 psi in my cossie ) lol .
The job itself is top notch all brand new parts as expected ,the clutch works fine any more power it will need upgrading the only thing this conversion picks up is weak brakes need brembo upgrade you pick speed up that fast brakes struggle, ill try some different pads first off boost driving is fine and its a lot more refined then before .

I had a lot of hate from facebook monkeys about using these over clioturbo.co.uk ,I done research and was happy with using engine dynamics ,anyway thanks for hearing me waffle on .

clio 182 turbo
Well the car was finished ,but blokes being blokes ,changed the brand new brembo pads for Mintex fitted 15 MM spacers .
I was not happy with rad looked old so now now running boost I don't won't any problems ,so this happend .
So new rad ,condenser thermostat ,new seals ,coolent bottle ,why it's like this mini engine bay resto .
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

clio 182 turbo
Headlamp resto ,all the clips was broken in the other ,f**k wits before just plastic welded it bad ,no good ,so sourced two headlamps £50 sheets ,did not know to just get wet and dry or buy the kit ,I got the kit next time just get a couple sheets of wet and dry and G3 it will do the same job ,but anyway got it apart cleaned it up new one in sanded polished and the results are good .
Should of got some before pics ,they was bad ,it done what it says on the tin .

Next job is I have had some new springs for the coilovers ,some for road some for track to swap and change as needed .
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Thank god you've sprayed the intercooler Black, nothing worse than a bright silver intercooler behind a Grey/Black grills. Car looks awesome bud.

clio 182 turbo
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Well today has been fitting new springs to my new coilovers ,I ordered the wrong rates and it was to harsh for the road ,new ones on and it rides much better ,when it goes on the track I can swap over so all good ,few miles in her and re set ride height .

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This looks lovely, only just seen it. I want boost big time. What mileage is it on?