ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 182. Is this the standard exhaust ?

3000GT & RB 182
So i've picked up my 182 yesterday afternoon but had to go straight into a 12-hour night shift so couldn't really testdrive it.

IMAG1099.jpg

I should really stop buying cars just before i start my nights, i done the same in 2008 with my first GTO :

16052008546.jpg

Anyways, went for a little drive today and absolutely love the little thing, and have taken a few shots as well.

I've also "stolen" a few shots of the 2 previous owners, Debby and Collin both from this forum (but no longer active i believe) :

IMG_0086.jpg

IMAG1053.jpg

IMAG1084.jpg

IMAG0918.jpg

100_0023.jpg

Previous owners looked after it well, and i've got a stack of hx and receipts :

IMAG1094.jpg

I would like to know though, have they changed the exhaust or is this the standard one :

IMAG1065.jpg

IMAG1064.jpg

IMAG1063.jpg

Also i need to clean the headlights by the looks of it :

IMAG1089.jpg

Are they easy to clean ?

Very pleased with it so far though.

Ah you bought Deb's car, she had that from new iirc. She also had an LY V6 until last year. Yep sadly they are not on here anymore :(

As Amos91 said have a look for the 3M headlight kit. They can't be cleaned as such. They need to be wet sanded and polished but it's easy to do and will really freshen up the front end.

Car looks great :)

RB Clio 182
That looks great :)

Those exhaust tips will come up great with some autosol metal polish and a bit of elbow grease :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Really nice spec on that. Looks great ;)

As above, wet and dry on the headlights followed by Megs Scratch X 2.0 is what I did to restore my lights, makes a huge difference.

Clio 182
Tidy example, much love for the colour!
I had the same problem with my lights, wet and dry from 1000, 1200, 1500 to 2000. Then polish up with Autosol metal polish, comes up a treat. Don't be to abrasive with the wet and dry tho.

Racing Blue
Full Fat (assuming xenon washers weren't retro fitted)
Xenons
Eibach Sportlines?
No need to spend several hundred quid replacing the OEM rotten mild steel exhaust

=

Lots of win

3000GT & RB 182
There guys.

Is there any way of telling what brand/model this exhaust is ?

I found it a bit loud on a longer drive i've done today, or even on the country roads it is quiet noisey, even with the windows down.

I've seen/heard some clips of that scorpion exhaust on youtube and do like the sound of that, so if this exhaust isn't anything special i might swap it for a scorpion.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Looks like some custom thing

bin it, IMO it's nothing special

nice car :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great spec. If the exhaust was clean would be tidy. I've seen a slash cut like that before. Could have been an old Yozza?

May just be a custom one.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Id say a Prospeed.

The one i took off of my PH1 was made by them 5 or so years ago, the quality was utter crap.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Exhaust looks like a Blueflame one to me (that's what's on mine) it's not one that's raved about here but it was on mine when I got it and not had any problems at all with it, been 7 years now. Never had to even play about with alignment.

If you can get some better quality brighter photos of the tailpipes and the tie bar between them id be able to confirm it is Blueflame.

3000GT & RB 182
Exhaust looks like a Blueflame one to me (that's what's on mine) it's not one that's raved about here but it was on mine when I got it and not had any problems at all with it, been 7 years now. Never had to even play about with alignment.

If you can get some better quality brighter photos of the tailpipes and the tie bar between them id be able to confirm it is Blueflame.

Cheers for that, i'll try and take some more pics this week and upload them, so you can see it from up close.

I've got a blue flame on my GT and i'm very happy with it, it sounds amazing, but on the clio i just find it a bit too loud at time.

IMAG6979.jpg

I might see if i can find someone local who's got a scorpion exhaust and perhaps take me for a quick spin so i can hear it and then decide what to do.

Mercedes C320!
Nice car that… I remember seeing that when they first got it years agooooo!!! Collin was driving that about, whilst his Mrs was driving a Liquid Yellow V6!

Good buy buddy!

3000GT & RB 182

Got a few more pictures :

IMAG1371.jpg

IMAG1372.jpg

IMAG1373.jpg

IMAG1376.jpg

IMAG1381.jpg

Am getting used to the sound/noise now though so think i'll keep it. Though i might still change my mind after hearing a scorpion exhaust up close, as on youtube they do sound quite nice.

3000GT & RB 182
Try something like Autosol metal polish, if it is still really stubborn then use Autsol with some fine 0000 wire wool.

Also had a go at this yesterday, bought some of those autosol metal polish and am pleased with the results :

Before :

IMAG1387.jpg

After :

IMAG1389.jpg

Right one done, left yet not yet :

IMAG1385.jpg

And both done :

IMAG1396.jpg

Also got the new RS badge, so debadged the car :

IMAG1360.jpg

IMAG1361.jpg

And then rebadged it with the new badge and the PH logo :

IMAG1364.jpg

IMAG1366.jpg

IMAG1405.jpg

Also fitted some new car mats :

IMAG1399.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Would that be an easy job to do ?

Could i just go to a garage and ask them to move everything back a little bit, or is it not that simple ?

Cable ties, and an old socket from a socket set is your friend. Just pack the hanger out to make it sit better. 5 minute job mate :)