ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New 172 :D

THIS IS A COPY, I DID IT IN THE WRONG THREAD SO ITS A RE-POST SORRY IF YOU SEEN IT BEFORE

Hey everyone, had my 172 for about a month or so no, loving every second so far :D
Bought it for £1500 with 48K on the clock and its a 03 plate, and its cat c so good price just for a Cat C! Im doing daily commutes totaling to about 300 miles a week just to work and back,
so not including out with mates or just personal use.

Bought car completely stock and is still remaining so for a couple more days/weeks, then the back seats are out and moar lows etc etc

So here it is! :p

SORRY its not Clean!! I gave it a clean later but as im in wales bring on the fuucking rain!!

clio1_zps2d849a3c.jpg

clio2_zpsfca6f3d0.jpg

DAT ASS
datass_zps14421ff6.jpg

Running on fumes :eek:
clockflair_zpscbf14173.jpg

And tonight I put these plates on the car, I did look on here and I got the wrong size :( and obviously its JaredHasNoBrain and the 555 is my birthday cos im born on the 5th :D
Thought the "uMadBro?" would be a cute touch haha!

platez_zps369f3185.jpg

And on my way home from being out with Joel trying to take my back seats out which ended up having a bolt end rounded and looks like im gunna
have to take a hack saw or dremmel to it, but a couple of foot from outside my house I hit these sexy figures ;)

49999_zps74110256.jpg

And I didnt want to end the night on a odd number (weird problem I got) I headed back out and get this!

5k_zps1899ef74.jpg

And thats pretty much it, will post up some more pics as soon as I get coilovers and the back seats out in the end!!
Then ill see whats what!

Thanks for reading and hope you like my car :D!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Not sure what the umadbro thing needs to be on your number plate but looks nice, I assume it's all repaired well and on that basis that looks like a nice car to run for a few years! Monaco is a great colour.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Plates are NOT cute!

And forgive me but £1500 for a cat c? sounds expensive to me?

Red 1.2 Dynamique
uMadBro made me feel sick. Your car will probably get keyed because of it.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I feel the need to use one of my 5 replies a day to clarify I meant "Not sure what the umadbro thing needs to be on your number plate but THE CAR looks nice"

..Stupid edits.

Its small writing only a few people can see it, not noticable from a glance
Its funnyyyy,
@daz: I thought that was a good price, cat c in minor light front end damage, the bumber was snapped and everything else is fine
Got Cat C in 2009 so all the MOT's have been passed so no probs :D

Dear every who didn't like my plates you will be glad to know that the sticky stuff to put the plates on wasn't as sticky as they were meant to be and they fell off the car on the way to work :')

so im doing the JDM look of the "stock" number plate being tucked in behind the windscreen untill I get some sticky stuff haha!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
No probs dude that option size wont come up u have to type it in the box...Ull no what i mean when u go on it

Clio 1.2
And on my way home from being out with Joel trying to take my back seats out which ended up having a bolt end rounded and looks like im gunna
have to take a hack saw or dremmel to it

I've had a new plan but will need to sacrifice a torx bolt :p and if that doesn't work cut it off and drill it out :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
you mad bro buying at cat c for £1500???

It's a car, it's straight and he obviously has a lot of love for it. These cars aren't worth a lot now anyway, Cat C or not.

Unless him buying a Cat C is directly affecting the quality of your life then your comment is pretty pointless.

Change that awful plate and you can be my wingman anytime.

you mad bro buying at cat c for £1500???
I posted this thread twice, so you might not of seen this but:

"Cant be on the road or have a V5 if it didnt have a VIC test..... alhought the word 'test' is used in its loosest context...

Sooner we get away from the 'writen off so must be a complete mess underneath the filler' the better.....

I rebuild CAT C crs all the time... 90% are broken bumpers and one was a broken wing mirror FFS a 2003 1.2 Privilidge full renault history and 60k miles...... but ooooooo watch out its was a 'write off'

Insurance companies dont give a flying whatsit if its been a CAT C just means if you do total it again ( ie do more damage than the car is worth to repair ) then they will only pay out 75% of the PAV......

*Rant Over*"

and shh

2002 Flame Red 172
I posted this thread twice, so you might not of seen this but:

"Cant be on the road or have a V5 if it didnt have a VIC test..... alhought the word 'test' is used in its loosest context...

Sooner we get away from the 'writen off so must be a complete mess underneath the filler' the better.....

I rebuild CAT C crs all the time... 90% are broken bumpers and one was a broken wing mirror FFS a 2003 1.2 Privilidge full renault history and 60k miles...... but ooooooo watch out its was a 'write off'

Insurance companies dont give a flying whatsit if its been a CAT C just means if you do total it again ( ie do more damage than the car is worth to repair ) then they will only pay out 75% of the PAV......

*Rant Over*"

and shh

Irelivant to how much you paid for it. I'm glad your happy with it though

Updates, Got the 3/4 plates on And got my New Ultraleggera's!
Just put some pics up of the Snow Foam I got to :D
IMAG0072_zps06f19998.jpg

Can kind of see the 3/4 plate, its on a wonk :L
IMAG0073_zps7b7045f4.jpg

IMAG0074_zps0dbc8bf1.jpg

The front wheel looks fecked cos its on a slant so one side is flat and the other is well, like this....
IMAG0075_zpsff098cdd.jpg

IMAG0076_zps3f58a6be.jpg

Thinking about taking the Renault Elf Sticker off from inside, Opinions?
IMAG0077_zps7cb84d9c.jpg

Was a little update,
Next is:
Clear number plate light housing
coilovers/springs depending on how much ca$h i got
Trumpet where the front left hand side fog is as the wiring it broke, So suck up some air :)
and some Centre caps for the Ultraleggera's

Little update, Got Some 40mm lowering springs and a Top mount (the pull in 1st,2nd and 3rd was pissing me off rattling)
For cheap as chips!! So cleaned them and sprayed the springs to stop future rust :)
IMAG0093_zps4ba3265b.jpg

And this is After my AWESOME make shift spray booth ;)

IMAG0091_zps35985069.jpg

Had some red lying around so I wernt going to buy a new can was I :L

Fitting these next week and then getting either front springs or some coilovers,
And small things, back seats out, then boot build (carpet over the body)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Can tell its been written off before, few things i noticed, arch liner missing and bonnet doesn't sit flush.

Get some tyre shine on there!

Can tell its been written off before, few things i noticed, arch liner missing and bonnet doesn't sit flush.

Get some tyre shine on there!

Where on the arch :S I cant see a difference, And Yeah the bonnet is fair enough, Told renault and cos their got call backs on ph2 172's they will put a new catch on it and should sit perfectly flush then :)

Little updates, I got the 3M headlight Restoration kit and ive only just got a day off to do stuff to the car lol, So These is what they look like after I did the restoration kit :D
This one was really bad!!!
IMAG0099_zps508056df.jpg

Then after about half hour it turned to this :D
IMAG0103_zps59c91b3d.jpg

Then I got round to taking out my back seats and giving it a clean, 10 years of build up from under the seats. ew

Left hand side is what it started like and right hand side is after a quick clean:
IMAG0104_zps6b177e9b.jpg

then polished it, dont know why haha,
IMAG0105_zps5f7c1430.jpg

And then finally got the f**king Silca gel pack out of my head lights.
IMAG0107_zpsea3fafe0.jpg

Im getting my front bumper re-sprayed after someone in a carpark clipped the front end. then once thats done, im fitting the springs and top engine mount lol :)