ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk3 Progress Thread

mate ive got a set of 5000k bulbs for my hid kit lying around...not the same kit so dont know if they would fit but i never use them so there yours for a tenner and postage otherwise theyll go to waste!

White Sti Hatch
Ive missed a few comments but will say cheers without quoting every one :) so again cheers for the comments.....

Small change again, was bored with the siler badges and the fact mine were covered in paint spots from someone painting there fence i wanted to change them....had a mission getting them off specialy the back one !

anyway heres the outcome of the rear, both are back on the car now but only took pics of the rear one once i was done, went with Rover Stone Grey so pritty much anthracite badges.

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

In the middle of re doing my center caps as Coatec did a s**te job didnt even prime them so they started to peal, colour ive got isnt 100% what they used although its the code they gave me but will have to wait and see once its dryed and on before i make my mind up.

Never above 25mpg
Rich wants the front badge off so I can do it in Rover Stone Grey for him as I'm doing his bullets atm :p

Is it just two prongs at the top and 1 prong at the bottom like the mk2s?

White Sti Hatch
Nope 4 Tappered Clips 2 top 2 bottom your alot better off and its alot easier to take the bumper off and take the whole Front diamond bit out (2 torx screws hold the base to the bumper) then pry the 4 clips off from the back alot less likly to snap them as there tight as fook !!!!

Rears easy as f**k just pry it off but done pull the center bit out or youll lose the clip in the boot !

the diff in light is amazing but on mine they just looked yellowish still!

bio: can you still take the badge off by popping the front grill bit forward?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They are a wee bit more Yellowish, but you need a good light output, especially where i live out in the sticks...... much rather have a White light with a good output, than a Blue light and poor visability. The projector still helps the rainbow type effect though ;)

White Sti Hatch
Na you cant get to the screws there at a stupid angle so you cant unscrew them in the limited space, You can try Prising it off but when i did mine with the whole diamond and backing plate off just pulling at it looked like it was gonna snap.

gaz get some pics when you get a chance wanna see how yellow yellowish is

Na you cant get to the screws there at a stupid angle so you cant unscrew them in the limited space, You can try Prising it off but when i did mine with the whole diamond and backing plate off just pulling at it looked like it was gonna snap.

gaz get some pics when you get a chance wanna see how yellow yellowish is

so bumper off then? fcuk!

how long did it take?

White Sti Hatch
20 mins off and on again at the most simple as mate, i did write a guide but mids seem to have miss placed it......

had a look at it...big help dean cheers

although the only thing im looking for is the badge part and youve got it out at the time you took the pic! haha

thinking i mite move my xenons down under to nearer the subframe if i ever take it off....is that where you put the ballasts?

White Sti Hatch
had a look at it...big help dean cheers

although the only thing im looking for is the badge part and youve got it out at the time you took the pic! haha

thinking i mite move my xenons down under to nearer the subframe if i ever take it off....is that where you put the ballasts?

Na my ballasts are in the Reno area under the head light mate....

Shite pic but ill get a better one once i get some White lamps for the high beams...

DSC00239.jpg

motors lookin well mate keep up the good work!
cheers for the pm

Cheers mate and no worries happy to help...

White Sti Hatch
Couple pics with the badges back on but center caps off as im in the middle of respraying them as Coatec did a shite job of them !!!

DSC_0107copy.jpg

DSC_0111copy.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0112copy.jpg

DSC_0115copy.jpg

Also new stickers.... and lost a few on the rear window for those who pay attention....

DSC_0106.jpg

White Sti Hatch
f**k havent done this in a while so heres a we update, got bored with the Coils so wound them right down :rasp:

Heres a Can before and after..

DSC00148.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

I like the change :)

Ne way heres the Coils before and after along with a quick snaps..

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

Think its around 20mm or so and heres the car as it sits now...

DSC_0196.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I fricking love that mate, looks a very well cared for car!

They Weitecs on it?
Had them on my Lupo, very impressed with them!

You not get any catching in the wheel arches at that low?

Only question I have if the above is a 'no' ; why the hell was the car so high in the first place?! ;)

White Sti Hatch
Cheers folks....

Yeah its sitting on Weitecs mate, first coils ive ever had so cant really compair them to anything else but they are great and give a wicked look....

Havent had any catching yet but i havent drivin it hard since lowering it this morning so only time will tell theres still cleanrance in the arches...kinda...

The car was a monster truck out the factory like all Mk3s, only way forward with them is a set of spacers and coils...45mm springs do nothing to change the looks !!

More pics in here

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=364111

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
That last pic looks cool :) Must be a real trial to avoid smacking the bumper, and knowing where you can/can't go though hehe!

I had enough trouble with the vee...

White Sti Hatch
Im back to the finding out where i can and cant go again to be honest i know places to i have to avoid but with the bumper having less clearance now ill have to see if it can still go where i could before withough twating it !

Its a real job to get it in and out of the drive now, well just a lil bit worse than it was before but i can get out without taking the center section out onlt time will tell