ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my mk3 non-sport

Mk3 1.4 clio
hey all, been on here for a while now and I thought it was about time I made a car progress thread.
so this is how she looked at the start
View attachment 105241
first thing I done was paint the brake calipers red.
View attachment 105242
then I decided to painted the wheels gloss black and badges red.
View attachment 105243
View attachment 105244
so that's her at mighty car mods uk meet, brilliant day out.
View attachment 105245
after a lot of waiting and saving my pennies I finally got my self some coilovers.
View attachment 105246
and this is how she looks now.
View attachment 105247View attachment 105248
so that's how she stands at the min. The coilovers make so much difference in looks and handling luv it.
I have started a little project on my interior because the soft touch has started to peel and look tacky.
View attachment 105249
so I am going to hydrograph dip it in sticker bomb. so I got cracking on prepping it, stripped all of the crappy soft touch material with nail polish remover, then rubbed it down with a scotch pad.
View attachment 105250
hit it with some primer and let it dry and gave it another little rub down
View attachment 105252
and sprayed it in gloss white.That's the hydrograph sicker bomb film(not the best pic)
View attachment 105253View attachment 105254
just have to dip it and clear lacquer it bit extra protection. I will get more pics up when its all finished and installed.
thanks for looking and all ideas and question are welcome. cheers

MK3 facelift clio
I had a similar problem when making my thread about my wee mk3 iMusic 1.2, using photobucket worked though :)

Mk3 1.4 clio
hey all, been on here for a while now and I thought it was about time I made a car progress thread.
so this is how she looked at the start
rsz_img_0663[1].png
first thing I done was paint the brake calipers red.
rsz_img_0327[1].jpg
then I decided to painted the wheels gloss black and badges red.
rsz_img_0328[2].jpg
rsz_img_0343[1].jpg
so that's her at mighty car mods uk meet, brilliant day out.
rsz_img_0624[2].png
after a lot of waiting and saving my pennies I finally got my self some coilovers.
rsz_img_0651[1].jpg
and this is how she looks now.
rsz_img_0653[1].jpgrsz_img_0655[1].jpg
so that's how she stands at the min. The coilovers make so much difference in looks and handling luv it.
I have started a little project on my interior because the soft touch has started to peel and look tacky.
rsz_img_0633[1].jpg
so I am going to hydrograph dip it in sticker bomb. so I got cracking on prepping it, stripped all of the crappy soft touch material with nail polish remover, then rubbed it down with a scotch pad.
rsz_img_0634[1].jpg
hit it with some primer and let it dry and gave it another little rub down
rsz_img_0645[1].jpg
and sprayed it in gloss white.That's the hydrograph sicker bomb film(not the best pic)
rsz_img_0650[1].jpgrsz_img_0647[2].jpg
just have to dip it and clear lacquer it bit extra protection. I will get more pics up when its all finished and installed.
thanks for looking and all ideas and question are welcome. cheers

Mk3 1.4 clio
Cheers lads. I wasn't expecting much change but oh my god, it handles like a go-kart. I thought it might be a bit harsh on rough roads but it's supringly smooth and nice.

Mk3 1.4 clio
I know bit pricey mate. Well worth it tho, you should be able to get a set for that or around the £300 mark.

Mk3 1.4 clio
Hey all just a little update on my progress. So I was going to hydro dip my stereo surround in sticker bomb pattern. I done a little sample panel and I didn't really like it.
3uresyby.jpg

So I decided to go gloss black, then went paint happy and decided to do all my interior trim the same. Just have to finish the blower surrounds, oh also in the process of peeling the soft touch crap off my stereo.
vetebyja.jpg

Clio mk3
Hey all just a little update on my progress. So I was going to hydro dip my stereo surround in sticker bomb pattern. I done a little sample panel and I didn't really like it.
3uresyby.jpg

So I decided to go gloss black, then went paint happy and decided to do all my interior trim the same. Just have to finish the blower surrounds, oh also in the process of peeling the soft touch crap off my stereo.
vetebyja.jpg

Looks good man. The stereo surround Kinda stands out a bit to much but looks better than that stuff that's on it

Clio Mk3 1.6
Hey, really like what you have done with this so far, looks good on coilovers and really liking the black canasta's with the red diamond. Good job!

Mk3 1.4 clio
Looks good man. The stereo surround Kinda stands out a bit to much but looks better than that stuff that's on it

Yeah I know what you mean the soft touch material is crap. I could put up with it for a while but every time I seen it, it made me want it off more and more. Nail polish remover gets it straight off no problem.

Clio mk3
There's one mk2 in my college,has mud flaps,black with red outline wheel trims and a screw on exhaust tail pipe that's not cut out so it's facing downwards sticking out the bumper. Funniest thing ever

Mk3 1.4 clio
There's one mk2 in my college,has mud flaps,black with red outline wheel trims and a screw on exhaust tail pipe that's not cut out so it's facing downwards sticking out the bumper. Funniest thing ever

Hahaha mate I know exactly what you mean, halford special screw on tips lol

Last edited:
  Mk3 1.4 clio
Yea haha! Looks terrible! Always catch him looking at my car,probably thinks I have turbo because I have a air filter on haha

Yeah they always have a sneaky look don't they. I'm looking at an upgrade panel filter myself, was going to go full induction kit but I fitted one to my mg zr made a lovely sound, but you could watch the fuel gauge go down when you mash the throttle.

Clio mk3
Yeah they always have a sneaky look don't they. I'm looking at an upgrade panel filter myself, was going to go full induction kit but I fitted one to my mg zr made a lovely sound, but you could watch the fuel gauge go down when you mash the throttle.

I've just got a come air filter with the standard air feed pipe going to it. Sounds really nice,gives out a deep roar haha,people think I have a new exhaust on it

Mk3 1.4 clio
I've just got a come air filter with the standard air feed pipe going to it. Sounds really nice,gives out a deep roar haha,people think I have a new exhaust on it

I definitely need some grunt because at the minute my car sounds like a vacuum cleaner lol.

Mk3 1.4 clio
Same as mike before I had the air filter,love the sound and I haven't noticed my petrol going down much more than before

I mite go with something like your setup and use some samco hoses and alloy tubing for cold air feed. What kind of cone you got?

Mk3 1.4 clio
car looks mint mate, black wheels and coilovers is just what i am after :) where and how much where your coilovers if you dont mind me asking ?

cheers mate the coilovers were around £580 mate. It's my first set of coilovers I've ever own and I love them. Highly recommend.

cheers mate the coilovers were around £580 mate. It's my first set of coilovers I've ever own and I love them. Highly recommend.

next pay day and ill have some and some wheel spacers ;) did you fit your own mate or ?

i got quoted £100 for mine to be fitted around my area so i might just get them to do it because tracking and everything will need to be done wont it ?

Mk3 1.4 clio
Just a little pic update, more plans on the way soon. Im thinking air filter and exhaust for a little bit of noise haha.
aseja3e7.jpg