ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 Clio Dynamique S Black

First post, treated myself to a lovely MK3 Clio Dynamique S on the 25/1/14;

71000 Miles
Full Service History

Really nice car, heres some pictures of it after polishing it this morning in mates work due to poor weather..

lqCp16E

All I've done so far is polished it :)

Plans:
Coilovers (any recommendations?)
Black Wheels
Black Renault Badges
Wheel Spacers
New Head Unit
Sub & Amp
Debadge 'Clio' on the rear
HID Kit or Night Breakers
Maybe darker tints at the back and slightly done at the front
RS Grill
LED Number Plate Lights
New Number Plates
Small ariel
Colour code plastic strips

Thanks for viewing.

Dan

Clio 3 1.4 16v
Nice Car for futher update :) I'm jealous on your rear roof spoiler :p

Lets list your whishes :)

Coilovers 1st update AP/KW variant1 2nd update KW inox (all weather Snow, salt and similar factors)
Black Wheels... I would done them in gold or leave them in OEM condition
Badges wouldnt touch Becouse your car will be all black
Wheel Spacers 15mm
Head Unit Alpine with BT mode + Steering wheel convertor
Sub & Amp DLS or Alpine
Debadge Clio you can do it yourself for 30min with cleaning :) You need Fishing Silk (tutorial you have somewhere on forum)
HID Kit That would i take 4300 od 5000K

Cheers Mate

Clio Mk3 1.6
Look forward to seeing how this turns out. Your alloys look in very nice condition too, mk3's look best in black imo. Really nice car :)

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice base to work with Dan.

As GoPlay said, AP coilovers are a good start. They're the "basic" setup, but will allow you to drop it a good way.

I'd personally steer clear of black wheels on a black car. I don't think they go well together.

Wheel spacers - Check with your current wheels, as I'm running 20mm, but then I have Megane Nervasports on mine.

Headlights - A decent set of bulbs will give you all the light you should need. I live out in a village with little lighting, and have to drive a mixture of A and B-roads in the dark. Halfords range of Extreme/ Ultra vision (or whatever they are), will light up the road plenty.

Nice Car for futher update :) I'm jealous on your rear roof spoiler :p

Lets list your whishes :)

Coilovers 1st update AP/KW variant1 2nd update KW inox (all weather Snow, salt and similar factors)
Black Wheels... I would done them in gold or leave them in OEM condition
Badges wouldnt touch Becouse your car will be all black
Wheel Spacers 15mm
Head Unit Alpine with BT mode + Steering wheel convertor
Sub & Amp DLS or Alpine
Debadge Clio you can do it yourself for 30min with cleaning :) You need Fishing Silk (tutorial you have somewhere on forum)
HID Kit That would i take 4300 od 5000K

Cheers Mate

Look forward to seeing how this turns out. Your alloys look in very nice condition too, mk3's look best in black imo. Really nice car :)

Nice base to work with Dan.

As GoPlay said, AP coilovers are a good start. They're the "basic" setup, but will allow you to drop it a good way.

I'd personally steer clear of black wheels on a black car. I don't think they go well together.

Wheel spacers - Check with your current wheels, as I'm running 20mm, but then I have Megane Nervasports on mine.

Headlights - A decent set of bulbs will give you all the light you should need. I live out in a village with little lighting, and have to drive a mixture of A and B-roads in the dark. Halfords range of Extreme/ Ultra vision (or whatever they are), will light up the road plenty.

Thanks people, cant wait till pay day this Friday.

http://www.lowerks.com/shop-by-car-brand/ap-coilovers-renault-clio-mk3-05-all-4-cylinder/

^^^ are these the ones you are on about guys ? (goplay & jp83) sorry i dont know your names haha.

i want to go all black knight rider style :rasp: think it would look cool. (ww1)

where is the best place to buy wheel spacers from ?

getting a cheap sub, amp and wires on the weekend. can i wire these to the standard stereo in the clio and have no problems?

Clio mk3
You have to get a output wire and solder it to the original wires. I did it but it now have a alpine hu. Can't remember where you solder them to or what the wire is called but I got it from halfords for something like £6. I highly advise you to get a after market head unit because the sound quality is so much better. Halfords has a lot of head units on sale for about £49 worth a look.

You have to get a output wire and solder it to the original wires. I did it but it now have a alpine hu. Can't remember where you solder them to or what the wire is called but I got it from halfords for something like £6. I highly advise you to get a after market head unit because the sound quality is so much better. Halfords has a lot of head units on sale for about £49 worth a look.

cheers mate will do. have you upgraded tweeters or door speakers? need some advice on them too.

Clio mk3
I have a mk3 imusic so the speakers are pretty good and I always have compliments on the sound system (vibe sub with alpine head unit) but you can pick up good ones in halfordd for like £20 for fli door speakers that are pretty good

Clio mk3
Looks like a nice car,looking to get a spoiler like that for mine. Feel free to check my project thread out for some ideas

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 3 1.4 16v
Yup... ap coilovers :)

4 spaceres... you have h&r or oz for good price. But youll need longer bolts

Yup... ap coilovers :)

4 spaceres... you have h&r or oz for good price. But youll need longer bolts

thanks mate i'll keep an eye out for some :)

Message to everyone:

i have looked on this website and found so wheel spacers, i can find where it says that i have to buy longer bolts separately. but it doesn't say what how many come when you buy quantity 1?

do you get a pair or do you have to buy 4?

http://www.performancealloys.com/spacer-details.aspx?ID=2017

Clio 3 1.4 16v
dont know for bolts.. but i know that 25mm spacers will make your rim and tyre stretch out of fender :)

Sub/Amp + Stereo

Small Update

Went to Halfords wanting to spend as little as possible on a new stereo just so I could get a sub hooked up to add a little bass to the standard speakers ( which aren't that bad tbh ).

Sony DSX A40UI

04368FDE-2FC7-4D41-822C-77BBE495C489_zpsucjxsag0.jpg

This is the Sub, as you can see its a 800w Sub with a 1400watt built in amp.

BF197288-E6FA-4707-A929-5CB4ABB3980B_zps8rcvmptu.jpg

Sounds alright in the car now, obviously it could be better but £85 later and i am happen with it.

Took it for a wash this afternoon too and here is a little picture after it.

87F5366C-1653-4B61-85A9-B8C24BB4821D_zpsnpsirb5q.jpg

iPhone camera is s**t haha, any recommendations on a decent and not too expensive camera ?

Next Update will be a big one, still deciding whether it will be black wheels, coilovers or wheel spacers.

Mk3 1.4 clio
Small Update

Went to Halfords wanting to spend as little as possible on a new stereo just so I could get a sub hooked up to add a little bass to the standard speakers ( which aren't that bad tbh ).

Sony DSX A40UI

04368FDE-2FC7-4D41-822C-77BBE495C489_zpsucjxsag0.jpg

This is the Sub, as you can see its a 800w Sub with a 1400watt built in amp.

BF197288-E6FA-4707-A929-5CB4ABB3980B_zps8rcvmptu.jpg

Sounds alright in the car now, obviously it could be better but £85 later and i am happen with it.

Took it for a wash this afternoon too and here is a little picture after it.

87F5366C-1653-4B61-85A9-B8C24BB4821D_zpsnpsirb5q.jpg

iPhone camera is s**t haha, any recommendations on a decent and not too expensive camera ?

Next Update will be a big one, still deciding whether it will be black wheels, coilovers or wheel spacers.

Alright mate nice car, luv what you've done to it so far. You can check out my thread if you want to see what black wheels look like as I have paint mine black with red diamonds.

Mk3 1.4 clio
i have mate, i have someone offering me theirs some KW INOX ones abit pricey though even though he is sorting me out a good deal, just debating whether to or not haha

Go for it mate, best mod I have done. Every car i get from now I will be fitting coilovers definitely, feels so planted to the floor. And look amazeballs haha.

Mk3 1.4 clio
what coilovers have you got mate?
did you fit them?
and how much did they cost if you dont mind me asking?

21 questions here haha

I ended up getting weitec gt's, basically kw. I payed £590ish I think, and yeah I fitted them myself they came with a good manual to follow. I think there's a step by step on here some where aswell. It's ok mate I don't mind the 21 questions haha

I ended up getting weitec gt's, basically kw. I payed £590ish I think, and yeah I fitted them myself they came with a good manual to follow. I think there's a step by step on here some where aswell. It's ok mate I don't mind the 21 questions haha

mint mate, your car does look so much better slammed too ;) was it easy or ? i got quoted 100quid to get them fitted around here so i might just get them to fit them instead of the hassle if i do get some haha

Mk3 1.4 clio
mint mate, your car does look so much better slammed too ;) was it easy or ? i got quoted 100quid to get them fitted around here so i might just get them to fit them instead of the hassle if i do get some haha

Yeah if you don't want the hassle I would go for it mate. I just wanted to get my hands dirty haha. It's only 12 bolts at the front (6 bolts per side) and 4 at the rear (2 bolts per side). First time fitting coilovers and I've got to say Easier than I thought really. oh nearly forgot spring compressors haha

Last edited:
Yeah if you don't want the hassle I would go for it mate. I just wanted to get my hands dirty haha. It's only 12 bolts at the front (6 bolts per side) and 4 at the rear (2 bolts per side). First time fitting coilovers and I've got to say Easier than I thought really. oh nearly forgot spring compressors haha

it does sounds pretty straight forward but 100quid is alright and then its done :) it might be another month before i get it done though :(

Mk3 1.4 clio
it does sounds pretty straight forward but 100quid is alright and then its done :) it might be another month before i get it done though :(

Yeah at the start I was going to get someone to do them for me, but he couldn't fit them for a couple of months so I just went for it haha.