ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk2 Ph1 Clio - Getting there lol!!

2001 1.2 Clio
Hi Peeps,

Thought would put up a project page now as ive give it a quick clean today although pictures aint too good as sun is in an odd place lol :rasp:

Ok so this is what ive done so far;
Aero Wipers
Lowered 40mil
Renault 15" alloys
Rear speakers and upgraded headunit
12" Fli sub and Pioneer amp

What im hoping to get done is;
Fix body work and cc the bumper strips
Lowered maybe a tad more
16" 172 Alloys in graphite grey
Smoked indicators
Ph2 Rears
Fog lights

Few quick pics, opinions and critism welcome!

photoac.jpg

img0165dh.jpg

img0166tm.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks fresh :) The blue LED sidelights in the first pic makes me wanna punch in the face though.

2001 1.2 Clio
blue sidelights are gone, got white led ones off fleabay there yesterday so they are gone as of now lol!

B

bigrich690

Car looks good for a ph1, you have the best colour ph1 too will keep my eye out for updates ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i like it, colour is quite cool if a bit girly ;)

personally i think it suits the 15's i wouldnt bother with 172 wheels, set of clear side repeaters would tidy it up as long as you got the genuine renault ones. the cheap ones look rubbish

and of course the best mod you could do would be dual optics with a set of HID's (see my 172 thread to see mine)

2001 1.2 Clio
Need to get myself a set off these dual optics, everyone is talking about them lol!!

Need to get a job and get my membership paid.....im thinking of going with 195/45/15 tyres next to help lower it a tad more aswell as theres too much tyre wall on mine, think there 215/55/15 or something like that.

R26
Need to get myself a set off these dual optics, everyone is talking about them lol!!

Need to get a job and get my membership paid.....im thinking of going with 195/45/15 tyres next to help lower it a tad more aswell as theres too much tyre wall on mine, think there 215/55/15 or something like that.

i think danny with the supercharged 172 is selling some, check the for sale section :)

2001 1.2 Clio
I cant get on the for sale section as i have no membership yet lol....currently unemployed so trying to stretch the money, £100 every 2 weeks doesnt go far, jus about covers petrol for the 2 weeks nevermind anything else, need to stop driving about when im bored lol!!

2001 1.2 Clio
Ok got it dewipered today, looks far better i think, went to remove renault badge but seems to be 2 pins on the inside of the boot, not sure weither these come through for the badge, can anyone help?

Also got my carbon fibre number plates today and took the facia of the speedo so it has blue lights around the edge, opinions on this please.

de-wipered rear;
img01901u.jpg

Clocks;
img01771a.jpg

Night-time;
img01871.jpg

B

bigrich690

the clio badge had 2 pins correct mate think the renault badge on the ph1s have pins too sorry mate

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Get yourself a dynamic/ph1 172 spoiler mate, will improve the rear end soo much.

Can be bought for about <30£ normally, and then sprayed for around the £50-80 mark.

Like the de wipering though, as said you can't lose the badge unfortunately.

All in all I quite like it, and its definately got potential.

2001 1.2 Clio
Does this ph2 come in the same colour as mine or was it just ph1?

Was thinkin of getting a ph2 rear but cant be bothered getting it sprayed just yet lol!!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Ph2 rear lights next mate! they brighten the rear up so well!

2001 1.2 Clio
Got foglights, picking them up tomorrow, well today if i go by the clock so expct more updates and hopefully get rears on wednesday.....will keep everyone posted, think after that its membership time :D

2001 1.2 Clio
Ok got foglights fitted just have to figure out how to wire them up and got blue indicators also, just uploading pictures now :D

Anymore suggestions or critism's welcome....will hopefully get a wash at the weekend and get proper camera pictures at last instead of iphone ones lol!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Nice job so far, dual optics next??

As for making the fogs work, its easy enough when you sort of know how and have worked on Clio's a bit, but its not really a necessity.

2001 1.2 Clio
I need them to work though for mot, dont i?

I tried to find your threads on it but cant find them at all, only 8 pages on fogs and nothing about setting them up by urself......yea dual optics next but might take a break for a week if i can as she aint too happy about me spending my benefit money on car bits lol, cant be helped though as i sit here all day and when i see stuff i know i want them.....

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Lookin' tidy fella! dual optics are a must, imo i dont think ph2 rears are all that special but what the hell ;) i kinda like the new dials!

2001 1.2 Clio
Thanks,

What im thinkin for my list is;
Dual Optics
Ph2 Rear lights, tailgate and rear bumper
Fix damage on rear quarter panel

LY R26
those wheels should have a 185/55/15 tyre as standard.

looks tidy on those wheels mate, whats that colour called?
My mate had a 1.4 in that colour.

2001 1.2 Clio
Its just the standard colour, there 215/55/15 at the moment lol!

Going to get 185/45/15 i think in next few weeks