ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mates just found out his car is cat c

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@Arnie

Fantastic website! I have been looking at cars all day and things like Golf R's are highly likely to have been in an accident etc.

I came across a car KU15 NFR and it says it has been to the auctions twice yet it's HPI clear!!! If you could provide photos that would be great, i'm just curious to see what the damage was like.

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
@Arnie

Fantastic website! I have been looking at cars all day and things like Golf R's are highly likely to have been in an accident etc.

I came across a car KU15 NFR and it says it has been to the auctions twice yet it's HPI clear!!! If you could provide photos that would be great, i'm just curious to see what the damage was like.

Free report on me ;)

https://www.vcheck.uk/report/KU15NFR-9EJDG0F/

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@Arnie

I just paid to do another check on a car which does come back with a salvage record Dl15 fvm, but when i enter my card details it says there is no data found? Can you check if there is an issue?

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
@Arnie

I just paid to do another check on a car which does come back with a salvage record Dl15 fvm, but when i enter my card details it says there is no data found? Can you check if there is an issue?

Try again now. Something was wrong with DVLA data.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
@Arnie

Jesus that poor car has been smashed to pieces, poor bloody thing.

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
Jesus that poor car has been smashed to pieces, poor bloody thing.

Really? :) I don't think you saw smashed ones yet :p Check below HPI Clear BMW :D

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
Vcheck said, Vcheck made it happen. Ex-taxi data in all of our paid reports.

Example of a car which only fails on taxi check, everything else is green:

KCVsKrp6.jpg

sLuSNvCG.jpg

We also added this info to all ever purchased reports for FREE. You only need to visit My Checks page and open any of previously purchased checks, all reports were updated already:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
ex-Taxi search? Thats pretty interesting

How do you acquire the data for that function?

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
ex-Taxi search? Thats pretty interesting

How do you acquire the data for that function?

I teamed up with https://www.vehicleancestry.co.uk/ who was DB from last 10 years from over 370 is councils. They are working to have 100% coverage for those years and have 10 more to go. Data is updated every 2-3 months from all of them.

This is another set of data, similar to salvage stuff, which none of the dealers wants to know about.

Imagine 2-year-old Merc, with no first MOT yet. 10k on the clock but was registered as a taxi for 1 year... It takes 25k miles a year for a taxi to make any income, so you get an idea what possibly happened there ;)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea, well you might well have alot of business from dealers, they are wary of ex-Taxi's that turn up for part-ex and stuff.

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
Yea, well you might well have alot of business from dealers, they are wary of ex-Taxi's that turn up for part-ex and stuff.
Trust me I have a very good relationship with Vehicle Ancestry and Trade doesn't want to know about it. The owner has been trying for years now to get it into the trade.

Merc, Toyota, and Ford are the most popular make for Taxis.

Regular people who are ripped off are the ones who need to know.

We are making our FB page live aswell, where we will be posting listing from dealers across Uk on a daily basis with salvaged cars. Cargiant is the first one to hit the list today.

https://www.facebook.com/vcheck.uk/

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Trust me I have a very good relationship with Vehicle Ancestry and Trade doesn't want to know about it. The owner has been trying for years now to get it into the trade.

Merc, Toyota, and Ford are the most popular make for Taxis.

Regular people who are ripped off are the ones who need to know.

We are making our FB page live aswell, where we will be posting listing from dealers across Uk on a daily basis with salvaged cars. Cargiant is the first one to hit the list today.

https://www.facebook.com/vcheck.uk/

Congratulations!

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
Do you ever wonder what happens with ex-Police cars? This example came back to use as a personal car, sold as Category C write-off and clocked "only" 150k before first MOT. It looks current owner has no idea of its past, as it was done before him. The car received a new interior, which is common with ex-Police cars, as they come with basic spec.

nc_oc=AQmJi1kXBI_6Ij5IML3ymL9oKQSj9DeCySPEL_Y5Q3BdkJm1iFK1tbKtr9b8rLup-yk&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-2.jpg

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
@Arnie just used vcheck to do a search on a car and it came up with an alert showing that it was exported in 2017. Something I was expecting to find.

It has since come back into the UK as it's now for sale here and you also have records for it's change of keeper and new MOT from earlier this year. Is there anywhere in your search that shows when it came back into the UK.

The import check on your report shows it as not imported, is this because it was originally a UK car?

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
@Arnie just used vcheck to do a search on a car and it came up with an alert showing that it was exported in 2017. Something I was expecting to find.

It has since come back into the UK as it's now for sale here and you also have records for it's change of keeper and new MOT from earlier this year. Is there anywhere in your search that shows when it came back into the UK.

The import check on your report shows it as not imported, is this because it was originally a UK car?

It is actually interesting as if it was imported it should have import marker as well. DVLA is slow with updating their stuff and I will email them right now. Can you PM me link to an advert?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If a car is exported and re-imported can it lose it's write off markers and stuff?

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
If a car is exported and re-imported can it lose it's write off markers and stuff?

Unless somebody emvoes marker here in Uk in the mean but it is recorded with VIN so when returning the car it will have all past history with it.

I had confirmation from DVLA that this will not remove the marker as it is VIN related but the only way to test it is to buy one shed on Copart and export and reimport it again ;)

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
@Arnie

I have performed a V Check on one of my cars and have uncovered a world of pain.
Do you have a contact number please?
Hit me via PM here if you need any assitance.
What car was it? Anything bad about it?

We got a legal firm now helping with claims if you were mis-sold anything.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hit me via PM here if you need any assitance.
What car was it? Anything bad about it?

We got a legal firm now helping with claims if you were mis-sold anything.
I’ll drop you a PM now

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Proper legal letters from dealers? or just some mumbo-jumbo someone smashed out on their laptop?

Arnie

ClioSport Trader
  BMW 550i
Proper legal letters from dealers? or just some mumbo-jumbo someone smashed out on their laptop?
Proper ones but had some crappy ones too. Most use the same law company via subscription service.
But last dealings we had on legal stuff, delaer was advised to respond to our post on FB and not to pursue further action as nothing can be done.