ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mates Focus RS

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Only thing id change about it are the stickers and flaps.. Other than that I love it...

If I was to have a FRS is would have to be green.. The way the car is styled, it just looks aggressive, so why not have it in an in your face colour :cool:

Evo 5 RS
They are pretty council house to begin with so any further additions are bound to make them look gash, naturally. Still an awesome bit of kit though, just needs a few bits thrown at it. Like a wrap for one.

VRS
If the owner likes it then good stuff :approve:

Not really my style, a bit too 90's Max Power but that's pretty much what the standard RS in Green looks like anyway. I like the more subtle Blue and White colours.

My mate has just sold his on as the last 12 months has seen at least 5 or 6 RS's pop up in the area all being driven by young Neds who just hoon it round the town trying to fit in as many gear changes as possible.

How are these doing in terms of holding their price as my friend sold on his White 59 plate for about 16k. It only had a few tweaks with a bit of engine work and a map.

172 cup
In the "French tin cans" deffence i think you will find alot of the bandwagon regulars have moved on to other manufactures :)

It was a generalisation, it's fair to say the vast majority of users on here have owned an RS clio at some point.
I don't understand where the hostility comes from when it comes to giving an opinion, my best guess is it's a combination of jealousy and being a "try hard" to impress people.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
It was a generalisation, it's fair to say the vast majority of users on here have owned an RS clio at some point.
I don't understand where the hostility comes from when it comes to giving an opinion, my best guess is it's a combination of jealousy and being a "try hard" to impress people.

Just out of interest who do you think is jealous?

172 cup
Just out of interest who do you think is jealous?

Finger pointing is for children, and I didn't say anyone was specifically jealous- its most likely a combination of things which makes them feel as if they have to insult and be unnecessarily rude on a car forum.

Community spirit is non existent for a bunch of like minded individuals.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I don't think anyone has been particularly nasty about the car, just voiced their opinions.

If anyone's upset, man the f**k up.

I don't think anyone has been particularly nasty about the car, just voiced their opinions.

If anyone's upset, man the f**k up.

This.

I don't like the car, looks silly. Now got people saying I'm 'jealous'. I like Focus RS's, I nearly bought one. But I wouldn't ever own this one in its current state.

That's my opinion, don't like it? Cry to someone that cares tbh.

172 cup
If you only read one word out of a whole post, you'll probably miss the message which is being conveyed.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Insulting and rude?

Opinions were asked for, opinions were given.

If opinions that disagree with what the OP/owner wants to hear are not wanted, then perhaps they shouldn't post pictures inviting them.

If others also choose to take offence to these opinions...they need to be somewhere else other than a car forum.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Without being funny mate, its a ford focus who on here is going to be jealous enough of it to lie about their real opinion?

Ask people on here if they like Porkies westy which cost more than twice as much for example and they all say they love it IME, as its tasteful and fast, so how come they are jealous of this one and hence lie about not liking it but not jealous of Porkies?

Its not jealousy, its just a lot of people genuinely dont like 90s max power tacky chav cars anymore thats all!

S3, Polo
Love FRS's, though subjectively, I'm not a fan of the way this one's been finished regardless of the fact that some of the components are awesome. The interior is also not something pleasant to behold.

I want that noise from my car! It makes me want to weep with joy.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Finger pointing is for children, and I didn't say anyone was specifically jealous- its most likely a combination of things which makes them feel as if they have to insult and be unnecessarily rude on a car forum.

Community spirit is non existent for a bunch of like minded individuals.

Opinions were specifically asked for, so they got given, what good would it do to lie to the guy?

If he just wanted to read "wow thats awesome" 200 times he could cut and paste it into a text message to himself, LOL

172 cup
No mountains are being made at all at my end :).

Can people not disagree here without being outcast? I have no problems with other people having opinions on his car, I don't know the guy and don't really care. I'm still welcome to have my opinion on that and to share it, even if you think I'm wrong.

Equally why should any give a s**t about me disagreeing with how you choose to share those opinions? In my eyes it's rude and uncalled for. Will i lose any sleep because the general consensus doesn't agree with me? Hell no. Will I take offence because people don't agree with me? Definitely not. And contrary to what some may believe I don't care either :).

If I think you're a bunch of jealous (among other things) dick heads who should keep their mouths shut if they have nothing nice to say, then it's no skin off your nose In the real world is it? I'm just someone else you can add to the list of people you are rude to, or even better ignore me all together.

172 cup
Without being funny mate, its a ford focus who on here is going to be jealous enough of it to lie about their real opinion?

Ask people on here if they like Porkies westy which cost more than twice as much for example and they all say they love it IME, as its tasteful and fast, so how come they are jealous of this one and hence lie about not liking it but not jealous of Porkies?

Its not jealousy, its just a lot of people genuinely dont like 90s max power tacky chav cars anymore thats all!

Rhetorical questions or deliberately leading? Either way I don't believe it will take the discussion or the topic forward answering them so I'll let you drum out a response yourself.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Between this thread and the FC sticky this place is full of sensitive females! Jesus H it's the freaking Internet!

danny_howorth13@msn.
Haha, guys. . I welcome comments good and bad as everyones entitiled to their own opinion. I like the car and that's what matters :) I gave one memebr a little banter back about his porsche as he sempt to dislike / be the rudest about my car the most so to speak. At the end of the day its just a forum for people to voice there opinions, though some do so stronger than others!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, guys. . I welcome comments good and bad as everyones entitiled to their own opinion. I like the car and that's what matters :) I gave one memebr a little banter back about his porsche as he sempt to dislike / be the rudest about my car the most so to speak. At the end of the day its just a forum for people to voice there opinions, though some do so stronger than others!

Exactly. You are taking it as it's meant. An individuals opionion. Shame others arent especially with it being your car. If we were all the same it would be boring. :cheers:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

It's still chavvy.

S3, Polo
GayestThread.jpg

Bickering like little b*tches. Grow the f*ck up.