ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mates Focus RS

danny_howorth13@msn.
Hey guys, its my car in the thread. . thought I'd join up on here so I could reply to a few.
Thanks for all the comments good and bad. And c'mon, RS's aren't chavvy!
And to the question asked on the previous page the car is currently running 400bhp.

Fiesta ST-3
I prefer them OEM to look at, but my god that sounds incredible.

Great shots Dan, I'm getting the 35mm 1.8 for Xmas! These shots tell me I am doing so correctly :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Would look so much better OEM. A guy in Wigan has wrapped his in a baby blue colour with white stripes, sh*t wheels and a massive exhaust. It is honestly one of the worst sounding cars I've ever heard so god knows what he's done to it.

I used to love the green but now think white is the best colour for them!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys, its my car in the thread. . thought I'd join up on here so I could reply to a few.
Thanks for all the comments good and bad. And c'mon, RS's aren't chavvy!
And to the question asked on the previous page the car is currently running 400bhp.

lol they're chavvy!

I do quite like them in standard guise mind :eek:

Clio 172
Was it the green that had poor paint match? As in bumpers and body where slight different shades?

Clio 172
C'mon buddy. . I've seen way more nike TN wearing youths rolling round in clio's than I have focus's ;)

Agreed, Clios look more subtle tho. The FRS look big, brash and loud (look at the spoilers/exhausts). It works though, because what it is. f**king love them.

I will have one. Yours is nice though mate, I'd change a few things, but that's just me

192'd BG 182 FF
That is perfect! Yes, you do see the occaisonal 'chav' driving one but none that nice! Much respect!

Was it the green that had poor paint match? As in bumpers and body where slight different shades?

Not just green, on pretty much every modern Ford colour the bumpers don't match the bodywork. My bumpers are a fair bit creamier than the rest of the car.

Ultimate Green is, however, one of the biggest PITA colours to match when re-painting. So my best advice to the OP is try not to scratch it!

225 Cup & Williams
Not just green, on pretty much every modern Ford colour the bumpers don't match the bodywork. My bumpers are a fair bit creamier than the rest of the car.

Ultimate Green is, however, one of the biggest PITA colours to match when re-painting. So my best advice to the OP is try not to scratch it!

Bumpers are sprayed separate from the body or something eh?

Aye every manufacturer paints the removable panels separately so they're always slightly out, especially when it's plastic, Ford seem to suffer from it quite badly though.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Did you actually say that thing isn't chavvy? It's a lime green ford focus. That's enough in itself disregarding all the tat stuck to it.

ST
Lol! Clearly don't know the lad.

I hate to think how much you paid for this?

Flol, indeed.. New guy has an RS which isn't to everyone's taste, takes a bit of stick, gets more stick he can't handle, hits out and old skool members.. All in a days work on CS.

Nissan 350z
popcorn_yes.gif

danny_howorth13@msn.
Lol. Clearly shows another example of how money can't buy you taste.

Oh, and I think Waitey has had more 'man' cars than you'll ever have in your lifetime.

Everyones taste is different, would be boring if it weren't. . and I doubt it buddy but its not a competition anyway!

306 GTI-6
Why is everyone on the guys back.

He loves his car, people have a poke at him, so he does it back, and he gets criticised for it.

This place is unbelievable at times.

As for people criticising the shades of the body and bumpers not matching, is that not a common criticism of the RS Clios too because of the materials they are made from? Seen it mentioned on here numerous times.

If you are going to have a car that sounds like that, not much point in making it all normal looking imo, after all, its going to attract attention anyway.

There are far more questionably styled clios, many of which have been on here, driven by chavs, than there are Ford RSs.

But then if its not on turinis, or 2118s, then most will not like it. Am surprised noone has told him he needs a cup spoiler ffs.

I like it, it is what it is, a barking mad 400hp fwd hatch. Fair play and lol at people criticising him about the interior. He didnt make the plastics, and I dont remember clios being highly rated for their choice of plastic trim. Fake aluminium dash trims anyone?

Clio 172 ph1, others
Do you know where he got the steering wheel trimmed? Would consider getting it done to my chavvy white RS. M3 CSL style.

I live in Essex and drive a white RS, proud of that ! :rasp::D

danny_howorth13@msn.

He loves his car, people have a poke at him, so he does it back, and he gets criticised for it.

As for people criticising the shades of the body and bumpers not matching, is that not a common criticism of the RS Clios too because of the materials they are made from? Seen it mentioned on here numerous times.

If you are going to have a car that sounds like that, not much point in making it all normal looking imo, after all, its going to attract attention anyway.

There are far more questionably styled clios, many of which have been on here, driven by chavs, than there are Ford RSs.

But then if its not on turinis, or 2118s, then most will not like it. Am surprised noone has told him he needs a cup spoiler ffs.

I like it, it is what it is, a barking mad 400hp fwd hatch. Fair play and lol at people criticising him about the interior. He didnt make the plastics, and I dont remember clios being highly rated for their choice of plastic trim. Fake aluminium dash trims anyone?

Haha thanks for that buddy :hail:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

The first line of this thread is rip it to shreads. Not tip toe around and make my friend feel awesome.

A standard RS i can handle. A standard RS with nice brakes, and 400 bhp even better.

A bright green abortion with two paint can exhausts, the WORST stickers you could possibly add from a company that offer generic maps, green rim tape etc is bad.

I bet you paid silly money for it too...i think if you share the price you paid it will become apparent that you are tasteless..lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The first line of this thread is rip it to shreads. Not tip toe around and make my friend feel awesome.

A standard RS i can handle. A standard RS with nice brakes, and 400 bhp even better.

A bright green abortion with two paint can exhausts, the WORST stickers you could possibly add from a company that offer generic maps, green rim tape etc is bad.

I bet you paid silly money for it too...i think if you share the price you paid it will become apparent that you are tasteless..lol

TBH normally the tacky mods like that DROP the price, so he probably got a bargain as most people in the world of fords have got reasonable taste in terms of keeping their RS's visually fairly standard and just going for performance.

danny_howorth13@msn.

Wouldn't be very standard with 8 pots and 400bhp! Exhaust is miltek, same size exhaust tip as standard. + the money paid doesn't really concern you, or have anything to do with my taste!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Needs some matt black Compomtive MO's instead i think, then it would be 150% more epic

Yes Dave!

I actually like the car; other than the stickers, flaps and wheels there's nothing wrong with it.