ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My little Clio Project (Quite A Few Pics)

Mk1 Clio
Well ive not posted up any pics of the car itself yet as my friend took them and is yet to send me them, but i have taken a few of my install so here they are, and sorry for the low quality pics i had to settle for a camera phone!

Well im goin for the euro look so smooth basically n i wanted that in the boot so thort how to get a smooth round sub box, an old drum of course!!

Photo-0023.jpg

Managed to find the volume needed for the sub i want and this lukily is very close to it. So i stripped it down

Photo-0024.jpg

Made a top and bottom piece and filled them

Photo-0025.jpg

Had a quick look see

Photo-0027.jpg

I then made a frame for my false floor out of 2 x 1 and luckily the whole thing is still removable

Photo-0030.jpg

Then used a few off cuts to make a template which i later draw onta 12mm ply

Photo-0031.jpg

Then i carpeted them and presto just waiting fot the sub itself and a bit more carpet to sort the inner arches!

Photo-0043.jpg

Photo-0044.jpg

Photo-0048.jpg

Photo-0050.jpg

Oh and i also bought a gauge mount from audio sport

With the vents removed

Photo-0035.jpg

And with the pod sat in ruffly!

Photo-0036.jpg

All comments welcome n like i said sorry bout the rubbish pics!!

Mk1 Maxim Sport
looks a good piece of work that fella, excellent idea bout using the drum would never have thought about that myself. Keep us updated an good effort

Mk1 Clio
Im just about to rip my interior out over the weekend so ill get some more pics up, goin for black plastics with white leather insert methinks should be fun givin it a go!!

Mk1 Clio
Cheers peeps iv wanted to do it for ages n its never quite gone right but am well chuffed with it just gotta order ma sub now lol!!

M135i
was lookin to build my boot up abit better than what it is atm but only think stoppin me is my spare wheel ? whats the best way to get round if its possible ? wheres your spare wheel (if u have 1)

Mk1 Clio
Im from whetstone mate! Well my spare wheel is under the car so thats not as bad, there is a screw release at the bottom of the boot that u have to turn to lower the spare but if i fold the back seats down then i can still pull the whole install out so even if it was a normal spare in the boot just make it fit tight but still removable!

Mercedes C320!
hey... looks kool and a great idea with that drum!!! What i have done in the past is cut a big enough circle hole out of the false floor to get the screwdriver or wotever down there, and then cut a little square flap out of the carpet over the hole.... hope this makes sense and its always worked for me!!!

Last edited:
  Mk1 Clio
Re: My little Clio Project NEW PICCYS!! 24/04/08 (Quite A Few Pics)

Well not that much new really, still waiting to get ma carpet to sort ma inner arches out but did take a few pics of me takin out the interior ready for sprayin!

PIC_0010.jpg

PIC_0009.jpg

Heres ma door card with the insert removed, i didnt take any pics of the removal but lets just say i used a hammer, chisel and there were lots of little bits of plastic left afterwards!

PIC_0003.jpg

Then made a few templates and cut a new insert that ill cover in cream leather, should look good with the doorcard being black?

PIC_0004.jpg

Oh and heres half of the bits iv got to spray

PIC_0011.jpg

Thats bout it really like i said im waiting for some full shots of the car from a friend he still hasnt been arsed to send me um but heres one of my rear wheel as i lowerd in about 65 mm on the back the other day

PIC_0007.jpg

Ill stick some pics up of my, hopefully, awesome looking black interior. Cheers peeps!!!!