ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my little bros new toy

rs clio 182
just took my little bro up to wakefield to pick up his first clio 1.4 172 replica its a nice little motor seems pretty solid all round anyway hes got the clio bug now and hes wanting to join the site/club hes planning on a 172 engine conversion whats everyones thoughts ??
null_zps44fa759b.jpg
null_zpsca447b43.jpg
null_zpsb4b96d65.jpg
null_zpsd495fb98.jpg
null_zps965621b7.jpg
null_zpsc96fc437.jpg

rs clio 182
f**k knows tbh mate dont really look twice at 172's thats just what it was advertised as he wants a 172 bodykit on it think its got a 172 spoiler exhaust n interior trim n them silver bullets

rs clio 182
That what it was advertised as he only payed £700 for it i do t see many 172's about these parts so not really sure what that look like haha

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Is that not a 172 exhaust ? N his spoile is the same as mine on my 182

Nope. And as your 182 is a non cup, then the spoiler will be the same, because its not a Cup or Trophy spoiler. Lots of lower engined clios have the standard 172/182 spoiler.

Needs to lose the stripes, change the wheels, get it lowered and get a better exhaust. Other than that, good first car. To be honest, I'd tell him to save his cash for a year, get no claims under his belt and then trade up for a decent 1*2 as opposed to doing anything to this one.

That what it was advertised as he only payed £700 for it i do t see many 172's about these parts so not really sure what that look like haha
Fair enough. 172s look the same as 182s but without the twin exhausts basically.

If it's in good nick, £700 was quite a bargain.

172 looks exactly the same as the 182 . Only difference is the 172 does not have twin exhaust.

Thats just a chaved up 1.4 are the modifications declared? £400 insurance on a modded 1.4 seems a bit low.

Good first car. Take it easy

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
172 looks exactly the same as the 182 . Only difference is the 172 does not have twin exhaust.

Thats just a chaved up 1.4 are the modifications declared? £400 insurance on a modded 1.4 seems a bit low.

Good first car. Take it easy

OP said it cost £400 more than than insurance on his 182, so I'd say that is quite high, knowing what most pay for 1*2 insurance.

As Jesus said, if its in good nick and mechanically sound, then £700 is a bargain. Will look 10 x better just by removing the stripes. Which unless they've been superglued on should be an easy and straightforward enough job.

work for BMW
Very fashionable in his full grey tracksuit

oh and its not a rep in the slightest , loose the exhaust , wheels, stripes and go from there

rs clio 182
Very fashionable in his full grey tracksuit

oh and its not a rep in the slightest , loose the exhaust , wheels, stripes and go from there
haha I was rippin him for that tracksuit all day his excuse was "I'm only wearing it cos I've come straight from the gym".