ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my lil 1.2 :)

clio 1.2 16v,
well iv been hear for a few months now and havnt posted up my 1.2 16v

got this of my uncle who sadly has nearly left us with parkinsons, he had his lisence taken away and this was his present to me, its only a 1.2 16v expression but my plans are to take this car to my limits and really get it lookin top.

plans so far are as usual a 1*2 rep, but with a differnce, as im aware there is no point doing all this stuff to the engine on a 1.2 as you dont get nothing out of it, but it should look nice :)

-so far i have the standered 172 spoiler, in process of gettin colour coded,
- dorr strips in process of being colour coded,
- wingmirror covers in process of being colour coded,
- RS grill fitting tonight :) direct from ren with a good discount :)
- lowering 35mm in the next month
- 10" sub with amp full wiring kit going in next month,
- flip up dvd monitor in front (fitted)
- ps2 in the glovebox :) (fitted girl friends choice :) )
- ktec exhaust, looks really nice, sport model
- silver colour coded strips on inside (fitted)
- silver gear knob thing :) (doing tonight )
- 1*2 steering wheel when i get the money
- 1*2 alloys (fitted)
- silver 1*2 door handles, (asap)
- xzenon bulbs up front (fitted)
- white sidelights (fitted)
- silverstones all round (fitted)
- some type of air filter intake (from ktec) (asap)
- light smoke window tint kit
- new mats prob from group buy
- ipod docing station (fitted)
- colour coded bumper strips
(EDIT)
- Forgot the fog lights these will also be modified somehow with inserts :p

and the good ol cliosport stickers

basically that was my orig list of what i wanted to do, and well a bits changed

started of with the new wheels :) they went on and made a big diff :)
clioproject013.jpg

then basicly went on to do some work on the inside,
- started of with a new headunit, as had plans for some little gizmo in the glove box so had to be a pop up screen couldnt afford alpine so settled for ....
clioproject003.jpg

- then went onto put my little gizmo AKA ps2 into the glove box, really easy and works so well really keeps the girfriend entertained
clioproject005.jpg

then got myself soem 172 dash trims made the colour coding begin

after all this i decided to start putting some audio in, started of with a sub box :)
clioproject001.jpg

with all the bits and sub box ready we started to carpet the sub, BUT with me being a booy, not really into this textiles stuff, i got my babe round :)
clioproject004-1.jpg

and their she goes, started with the staple gun, was really wondering wether to trust her :p

after this, i think she may of got bored? not sure ?
clioproject003-1.jpg

but any way i love her lots as well she did an amazing job
clioproject005-1.jpg

clioproject009-1.jpg

the sub was cut perfect to fit rite in the clio where it has a rise in the boot cut a bit out fits in perfect and goes over the hook in my boot :)

but yea, that was then all wired up and put in the car, every thing came out so i could rout the wires, and now there invisable!!!

next day i decided to pop down my local car centre and see what door speakers they had in :) and i got lucky :)

SALE!!!

got me some pioneer 10cm speakers really goood 74.99 i got them for 37.99 :) really happy

got home and relised my mates old clio was 10cm my new one was 13cm so the project began
clioproject039.jpg

old speakers out :)

new speakers then onto some ply wood
clioproject040.jpg

all marked up and ready to get jigsawin
clioproject043.jpg

but while we where doing this the grand prix was on so we watched how lewis didnt have a very good race at the same time :)

got them cut out and got them all ready to bolt in :)
clioproject041.jpg

perfect fit :p

cut out the new holes for the little bit smaller speakers
clioproject044.jpg

then sprayed them silver :S even though you cant see them :S
clioproject046.jpg

new speakers in :)
clioproject047.jpg

clioproject048.jpg

and the covers back on :)
clioproject050.jpg

well thats it up untill this date more in a few days :)

RB 200 Cup!
cool project - quite a list youve got there! - will be very inteersted to see what it looks like wehn its done

Shed.
i used to drive an expression, sooo much better than the dynamique, ended up stripping it out for the space of 2 weeks befroe i got sick of the road noise but i had some reet fun with it round the roads near me.

As for the filter, get a pannel filter, a k n N if you can, wont be noisy but it frees the engine up slightly. VERY slightly.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
full car pics required, good work though! bth that shitspeed headunit be give u endless trouble in the future

clio 1.2 16v,
i know moneys tight though really couldnt afford any thing else, full pics tomo when i get the grill back on and wingmirrors and other

Partner's Astra SRi
I secretly like McFly........ and i forgot to buy the paper the other day :(

Oh, speakers looking good

Ph1 172 + Combo van
nice little project matey, are those speakers coaxials? and have you connected them to the amp?

clio 1.2 16v,
yea well the bill was on, i cant do all that stuff and get it lookin good i tried one and made a big mess,

the speakers are not conneted to a amp should they be? im quite new to all tis audio stuff ?

clio 1.2 16v,
clioproject007.jpg

got this nice little package today :)

so fitted it earlier and made a big dif to the car really happy disoucnt aswell :)

clioproject008.jpg

so then fitted new bulbs zenon bulbs silvervisions and white sidelight bulbs look amazing when lit up :)

clioproject014.jpg

so now took the old handles out ready for the new ones in :L
clioproject018.jpg

Ph1 172 + Combo van
grill looks good you should get some fog lamps in there it makes it look better but you dont even have to wire them in if you dont want to

A4, TDi
Looks really smart! I'll be trying to achieve a similar sort of thing with my 1.2...

All though there is no way I'd make my own sub box, would take my cack-handed self all day to get it right. Yours looks really good though. :(

RS Grill makes so much difference, looks a million times better than standard. What is this discount you speak of :eek:, I could do with a bit of that... So your getting all the 172 bits new? Rather than a breakers yard?

clio 1.2 16v,
cheers lads, yea i got a good discont through renault :p the sub box was easy, started of with a box then cut it to the shape of the car,

fog lights are trying ot be baught now, really hard to find

Never above 25mpg
Nice one on the grille ;)

With the fogs, you should wire them up seperately to a switch on the dash if you can rather than fiddling about with the loom unless the wiring's already there. :) Just a recommendation though

clio 1.2 16v,
yea was goign ot do that, but anyway
pissed off

jsut got my wingmirrors covers back one is perfect looks brill, one if fuked, paint, and tissuw paper stuck to it, so thats set my car meet back :( grrr

pics up sooon

clio 1.2 16v,
rite well hears the wingmirror covers look good from a distance :) but close up the left is rough, so need to get it done again :(

clioproject021.jpg

and hear is the rear of clio made it all myself still needs a bit of work but you get the jist of things, sounds really good with the pioneers up front :p

clioproject026.jpg

and got this fitted today goes so well with the inside, silver 172 gear knob insert, of a member on hear thank you :) sorry about poor cam
clioproject024.jpg

clioproject023.jpg

and hear is the front of the car as it stands now without the bumper and fogs :)
clioproject022.jpg

clio 1.2 16v,
sorry about that, she wasnt ment to post on hear, that is the box all grills come in. as said, lets wait till some nice weather comes, get her top off, clean my car, pics up

way forward :p

Ph1 172 + Combo van
sorry about that, she wasnt ment to post on hear, that is the box all grills come in. as said, lets wait till some nice weather comes, get her top off, clean my car, pics up

way forward :p
im subscribing now! instant email notification!

looks good though the sub box looks well good you done a good job on making it fit perfect.

W

Willy

when you get round to sorting everything we should go for a cruise :approve:

320d
looking good, would befit from dynamique or sport interior though as the expression one is poor imo.

Mistake number one though - Posting a pic of your gf on here, endless amount of ramarks to come.

clio 1.2 16v,
haha i know been getting a few comments about her, im not fussed though share and share alike :p

yea interior will be one of the last things, cant afford it.

clio 1.2 16v,
new door handles came today thanks to some good members :)

pics

clioproject029.jpg

new old

clioproject030.jpg

and now to upgrade the speakers in the rear of car,

old speakers soon to be out
clioproject031.jpg