ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Project

2014 Clio 200t edc
Nah I'm just going to fit it normally. I like the look of the cup racer set up but not the moving the battery!! Need to get shopping/pushchair/random kid crap in the boot still!! Lol
Fancy a decat next too, but then the exhaust would prob die completely!!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Nah I'm just going to fit it normally. I like the look of the cup racer set up but not the moving the battery!! Need to get shopping/pushchair/random kid crap in the boot still!! Lol
Fancy a decat next too, but then the exhaust would prob die completely!!

Yeah im a bit undecided which route to go, do prefer the look of the cup racer idea but not sure if the gains would be worthy of having to relocate the battery for it. Once i have bought a filter for it i may have a look at taking out the 182 box and have a look at how it would be fitted.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
As mentioned previously i met up with Sam (Bonxy) a month back and he remapped my car with his RStuner. Worked a treat and certainly noticed a difference, deffinatly worth it :) Afterwards we went for a little drive and Sam took some great photo's. Hasnt looked this clean for a while, really need to get it looking this way again.

Some pics ;)

6272853661_fa4f135b8f_z.jpg

6272862729_1bfb78c430_z.jpg

6272881303_fc3b795763_z.jpg

6272882161_45622f2275_z.jpg

Cheers for the Pictures Sam

Jay

PB Clio 172
just read the whole project and just my comments, i dont like the look of your clio on 15's its just looks werid, dont like the colour or the wheel choice and I cant stand the tints, its very 90's in my view! The car on the right looks miles better! just my view though!

sorry for the neg but just what I think and each persons car is their own ! :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Definitely looking great. On the comment of 15's, it does look 'odd' at first glance but in looking closer I think it looks great!
How much did the rs tuner set you back? Pm if you want.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Definitely looking great. On the comment of 15's, it does look 'odd' at first glance but in looking closer I think it looks great!
How much did the rs tuner set you back? Pm if you want.

Cheers mate :)

Tbh i think it could do with being a bit lower, its currently on sportlines but may look to invest in some coilovers at a later date. Have an issue with my exhaust scraping on speed bumps at the moment, all the hangers seem okay but just seems to hang low. Changing the exhaust bolts has raised it slightly so would need to resolve this before going to coilovers.

Think Sam got the RStuner off here mate, no idea how much he paid for it though. Cant remember exactly but think it was £80 for him to remap mine for me and only took him about 30mins. You could drop him a PM if your looking to get it done. Really happy with what he did to mine :)

Jay

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hey mate. What difference has it made? Really noticeable?
I've sent him a pm do we'll see. Not got money at present so will def be in new year to be honest, that's of he'll do it!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
In my opinion it made a difference mate, revs a lot smoother and acceleration seems to come a lot quicker than it used too if you know what I mean. Also found it helped with cold starts on a morning and made the idle a lot more steady as mine used to be terrible.

Sure he would do if he can mate, think he has done a lot of other members off here. Where bouts are you from ?

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Hiyer guys, just wondering if anyone that has fitted a 172 airbox could tell me the best place to run the cold air feed too ? Should I run them both down behind the headlight or just place them to the same points as with the 182 box ?

Wanted to go down the cup racer route but don't think moving the battery will be a wise idea on my part.

Jay

2014 Clio 200t edc
Jay,
I've noticed a few I've seen run only one caf to the fog light area and leave the other open. I'll be trying that personally first.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Jay,
I've noticed a few I've seen run only one caf to the fog light area and leave the other open. I'll be trying that personally first.

Ahh rite,cheers mate. Had been looking at various ways to cut them into the grill and so on but couldn't think of a way were two would look okay, hadn't thought to leave one without. :) had been thinking to maybe remove the fogs and run one through the hole.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I thought te same but don't really want to lose my fog! Not the I use it tho!!
Let me know what works best please.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Will do mate, think running it down towards the accoustic valve like the air feed now would probs be the best idea. On the look out for a filter now so can hopefully get one delivered in time for the weekend and be able to have a look into it.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Have you still got your acc valve in? I removed mine. Made a little difference, nothing major tho.
It's a race now to see who gets theirs on first between us!! Lol

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Have you still got your acc valve in? I removed mine. Made a little difference, nothing major tho.
It's a race now to see who gets theirs on first between us!! Lol

Yeah mate its still in, never thought to remove it really. Might have a look at removing it when i take out the air box if it has no real purpose. Will probs free up a bit more space for the air feeds :approve: Sounds like a challenge ! any idea when your fitting yours ?

Think i may have a look for some coilovers after xmas. :approve:

2014 Clio 200t edc
Still waiting for the idiot seller to send it. Only paid for it last Sunday ffs!!! Then get a message saying he'll send it today!!
Problem is I'm impatient as hell!!!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Cars been looking pretty neglected recently and become a rather dull orange so decided as the weather was good this morning i would get out and give it a good wash/wax ready for the winter. Noticed the paintwork has quite a few marks in it now so may have to look at sorting them next spring and my wheel arches look as though they could do with some work too.

Before

SDC11172.jpg

During

SDC11173.jpg

After

SDC11178.jpg

Now back to looking a lovely Inferno colour :approve:

New panel filter arrived from KTEC on friday too so that will be my next job, gave the air box a bit of a clean up yesturday ready to be fitted.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Looking good Jay although more pics needed.

Thanks Sam, will have to get another little meet arranged for some new pics ;) Mine looks a lot different since the last one.

Should have that filter out in a week or so if your still wanting it ?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Anyone know if the black piece of plastic holding the two air feeds together shown on the right hand side can be removed or is it just a case of sawing through it ?? Not sure i will need it on a 182 ?? :S

SDC11123.jpg

Thanks for any advice

Jay

2014 Clio 200t edc
I have the same question. Temp fitted mine today (rush fitted) but I don't like the sound without feeds. It's a bit chavvy IMO.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
I have the same question. Temp fitted mine today (rush fitted) but I don't like the sound without feeds. It's a bit chavvy IMO.

Hiyer mate, glad yours finally arrived :) lol I tried looking all over for the clips as mine only has the one, in the end I just bought some black cable ties lmao.

Did you manage to get it fitted all okay ? I was gonna try just the one air feed like you said but couldn't seperate them, the pipe doesn't fit back through the hole :( glad you said, think I will fit both now then and see how it sounds.

Jay

2014 Clio 200t edc
But where does the end bit fit do you know? I didn't fit the original bracket, that will be tomoz, then the strap will work. How have you used the cable ties?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
But where does the end bit fit do you know? I didn't fit the original bracket, that will be tomoz, then the strap will work. How have you used the cable ties?

Not sure, can only imagine it fitted to the back of the 172 bumper perhaps, can't see any use for it other than to hold them both together. Ahh rite, I didn't get the bracket with mine so still yet to plan how to fix it securely. Hoping it can be run off the elbow pipe and then held in place somehow. I just used the cable ties to secure the box lid mate as couldn't find any of the metal clips.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Right I'm with you. To be honest I used the 182 elbow and it's quite a tight fit. But I would make some kind of strap to keep it towards the battery. I do like the noise without feeds but feel its a bit chavvy.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Right I'm with you. To be honest I used the 182 elbow and it's quite a tight fit. But I would make some kind of strap to keep it towards the battery. I do like the noise without feeds but feel its a bit chavvy.

Ah rite good to know mate, I've got a samco bend so should be a bit more flexible, is the purpose of the strap just to hold the box towards the battery ?? If so should be easy enough to make something that can do a similar job :)

Looks like you may beat me to getting it fitted :(

Jay

2014 Clio 200t edc
Well that is all I can see it doing. The original ph1 bracket appears grooved to hold it closer.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Well that is all I can see it doing. The original ph1 bracket appears grooved to hold it closer.

Ahh rite, may see if it is possible to fix it to the piece of metal that the bracket attaches to by the battery without having to use the bracket itself.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yeah it is, the strap can be manipulated to fit it. Just be careful as mine just snapped!!! Lol

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Yeah it is, the strap can be manipulated to fit it. Just be careful as mine just snapped!!! Lol

Aww nightmare mate, what will you do with it now ? I dont have the bracket or the strap so was thinking of trying to fix it with something along the same lines. Is it quite sturdy once fitted or does it need a lot of support ?

Jay

2014 Clio 200t edc
It's a very tight fit to be honest, but I've used cable ties to hold it over towards the battery. That would work with the ph2 bracket too.
Cheap chavvy fittings FTW!!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
It's a very tight fit to be honest, but I've used cable ties to hold it over towards the battery. That would work with the ph2 bracket too.
Cheap chavvy fittings FTW!!

Yeah that would have been my plan too. Good to know cable ties can hold it :) suppose once its in as long as its solid it will do its job ! Do you prefer it to the 182 box then ?

2014 Clio 200t edc
I really like it. Even with the std Renault filter it feels stronger and pulls harder. This might be a placebo effect but I really don't think it is! You'll have to let me know your feelings.
I'm glad I got it. Sounds nicer too!!