ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My ICE

This is a wiring diagram of the ICe i have

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=cs_ice%20diagram.jpg

I have a rather annoying problem.

Right...here goes....When i first fitted all my ICE i pulled my head unit out to connect the RCA leads and i must have pulled the earth of the head unit out. I ran my subs & 6x9s of both the amps and it sounded rubbish. So i took all appart again and found out it was that dam earth wire.

Connected and and loud as fuk system......Well at least for about 25 minutes then it all went quiet again not suddenly just gradually. It does this loud quiet routine evry time i turn the god dam head unit on.

Is it a possiblity i have damaged my AMPs by not havin the head unit earth lead at first connected? or is my AMP fuked? or is there too much power for the AMPs to handle????

What is going wrong????

Tatee

I would put this down to the amp mate. Not experienced it personally but as an electronics engineer Id say that by removing the ground unintentipnally you have left the earth floating meaning the p.d. (potential difference) between Vcc and ground has varied spuriously. Possibly blown capacitor in the amp as it sounds like its charging and discharging far to rapidly, or relying on other caps in the circuit.

Well its just speculation mate it could be something else. But if Im right you can get it sorted by anyone who knows what theyre doing, if you open the amp up you might still be able to smell burning, if you have a decent ICE shop near you theyd be able to tell you whats gone, it could be blatantly obvious i.e. a big black mark on the board. If this IS the case then you just need to get the component changed, should only cost a few quid if you can find the right person.

possible that you are running the amps to their limit (or even past their limits)

a lot of amps now have a function that shuts down the power to the amp when it begins to overheat, yours may just reduce the power instead of shutting it off

**just a possibilty**

problem solved lads, the earth wire was out on the head unit, reconnected it and rewired my amps up. now all i hear is bass!!! boom boom

cheers for the help!!

Tatee