ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My friends astra v my clio cup

172 Credit crunch edition
Hi all, a friend of mine had a 1.8 astra gsi (yes they did make them in 1.8 16v) It had 156 bhp (tuned they are 140 standard) he kept saying how his astra would kill my 172 cup! Not only on the straights but in the bends too!! So basically a friend of ours had a peice of land that was about 1/4 mile long so we set-up a little track and a sprint to prove a point, as you would of guessed the clio mullered the astra!
Anywho now he and his "mechanic" (who done all the tuning to it!) reckons that the clutch was slipping and he would of annialated me otherwise!
Really winds me up, His mechanic has a prelude and reckons he would muller me on any track and at santa pod?? But to my knoledge all his prelude has is a exhaust system and remapped ecu! So it will have 200bhp maybe? but weigh shedloads more than the clio.
Winds me up that they are always on their high horse about the RS clio being a gloryfied girls car. But when it comes down to it they never ever turn up to organised events (apart from the one forementioned which was a struggle to get him there).

I dont know why i care to be honest! Things like that just get to me!
You reckon the prelude would kill the cup then?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
untitled.jpg

MCS R56
Just laugh it off, it will pi$$ them off more.

I'm not saying the Clio is the quickest car on the road, but I can't see it ever being troubled by a 156bhp Astra. Unless it weighs 800KG or something. The mechanic sounds like a donkey.

He's running less power and more weight.....tough one.

172cup
is the prelude the 2.2? manual or automatic?

i also hate it when people get on their high horse about the RS but it doesn't bother me anymore :D

People really under-estimate the RS.

My GF has a 172 mk2 and i have a non-standard 2.2 mk4 astra i would not want to go against the clio as i know it would pull my pants down.

A 1.8 would not stand a chance LOL.

With people like this i agree to disagree.

is the prelude the 2.2? manual or automatic?

i also hate it when people get on their high horse about the RS but it doesn't bother me anymore :D

Prelude is a 2.2 manual yes gen something,
Im not saying the RS clio is the fastest thing in the world lol but very underestimated to be fair.