ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS 200 EDC
Hi there!
My first year with Clio RS passed and I want to sum up results.
Finally I've installed my rear view camera and also made some modifications. Now I have full Stage 2 Clio RS 200 EDC! My modifications: chip tuning DIGI, downpipe Brondex, brake-pads Yellowstuff EBC, Hankook RS3 tires.

I've posted detailed report here http://www.ozrenault...with-clio-4-rs/

Now I'm driving with great pleasure and waiting for track season. If you have any questions will be glad to help you.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Link isn't working :(

I hope there's an rs4 on track at csf this year so I can compare it against my rs3 and other people's rs2s.

I had a passenger ride in an rs4 just after release and wasn't impressed on the road. Hopefully they feel better on track

Clio RS 200 EDC
Hi can you get the RS monitor added to a RS200T now?

Hope to get mine on track this year for a laugh.

Hi, here in Russia RS monitor doesn't work even at cars with R-link. Guys who have bought cars with R-link asked official dealers about this problem but still there is no answer:( As I know RS monitor couldn't be installed at Medianav even in Europe and the only thing I could do was to install camera.

I described all of my modifications and process of installation of my rear view camera at australian forum but now I see that link doesn't work without registration, so I decided to repost the information here:

First news about my rear view camera. Finally I've done it. As I said I wanted to install it to make easier parking process for my wife, but now I realise that it's very nice device for me too, especially at winter streets
icon_wink.gif

The main problem was that it was impossible to install original camera because it's located in renault symbol.

sml_gallery_20552_96_3862.jpg

I like my car too much and I couldn't drill a hole into it
icon_wink.gif

At first I found a substitution. Rear view camera from Renault Duster
headbang.gif
is ideal for my Clio. It is easily mounted in plafond of license plate highlighter and totally correspond to Clio plafond by size.
To install the camera and to run cables I had to partly disassemble the facing in the boot (Clio is like a meccano, everything is done simply and nothing in excess
icon_wink.gif
).

sml_gallery_20552_96_89151.jpg

It was difficult to connect camera cable with Medianav plug and I had to install Menavrus beforehand.
I had a problem when tried to put my self-made contacts to the radio plug, they didn't match.
I solved this problem by deleting excess and useless part of plug with contacts. New plug for two contacts from my computer was easily installed at released place and connected to camera (black and red cables at the photo).

sml_gallery_20552_96_1041429.jpg

If you decide to do the same by yourself, write me and I'll explain nuances.

Now I feel totally satisfied with results of my work. I see everything even when I have to park between snowdrifts.
icon_wink.gif

In the middle of long russian winter I'm thinking about the summer. I want to go to the track so much. I see it in my night dreams) Step by step I prepare my Clio to the new season. According to suggestions of more experienced guys also here at forum I've made some modifications and installed everything necessary.

I chose tires which can be used at the track and in the city at the same time: http://www.hankooktire.com/de/passenger-cars/hankook-ventus-r-s3-z222.html.
It's a kind of compromise but I've read good reviews from professionals and here at forum they were discussed too. And they have an adequate price, it's important too.
Then I decided to increase the power, I felt the lack of it especially at the long straights. I've done extremal reprogrammation by DIGI
http://www.digiservices.fr/reprogrammation-moteur-renault-clio-4-2012-gt-rs-1-6t-200-m2574.html. To facilite the removing of exhaust gases I replaced catalyst by downpipe from Brondex http://brondex.com/renault-clio-iv-rs-200-edc-16t-200-hp/
I've installed downpipe quickly and then made chip tuning. Exhaust sound is much louder now and more agressive. But the most essential benefit is dynamics! After installation of downpipe and chip tuning the car became much faster, can advice you without hesitation, it's worth it.
My Clio is so quick now so I had to think about brake system. I've started with more economic part and replaced brake pads, my choice is EBC Yellowstuff http://ebcbrakes.com...and-track-pads/ they work at 100%.

I wish my experience of the first year with Clio RS will be usefull for somebody.
Now I'm waiting for the spring and thinking about my first track days at modified Clio.
The next thing I'm going to do - styling, may be it will be aerographics, may be stickers at rally-style.