ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first Mk3 - Ultra Red R27 with Akrapovic

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I think you can choose over some expense and a lot of hassle or less hassle and loads of expense.

Want this one @Cookson?!

I'm never buying another car from Scotland. No offence like :ROFLMAO:

I've noticed some have projectors, and some don't. Were they optional extra?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Took a couple of pics tonight since it was nice and sunny. Both are mingingly dirty. Thanks to @Djw Dave for the loan of the rb the last few weeks, very interesting jumping from one to the other

3DF62ED3-D50A-4DF8-8504-D64EAF671513.jpeg
F0AF0C84-2DC8-4D37-8A13-ABA0156BA8F2.jpeg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Tricky one tbh.

197 is the better daily but that particular rb has a fixed bucket that's too far forward for me, a cage with double door bars and 4 point harnesses. When it was mine and normal it was a great daily bar the exhaust.

Driving position is tons better in the 197 standard v standard though.

197 will corner faster but the 182 feels so much lighter and more nimble.

182 is defo more eager to accelerate. It also rides a lot better.

I'll be honest, I'm quite torn as to what to do, swivel hubs, wheel refurb and sell on or swivel hubs ignore the wheels and track it some more, give it more time.

TLDR: 197 more capable, 182 more fun.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
For various reasons but mostly my mental health this is going to be getting broken in the next few weeks.

If anyone is after something before I advertise it then tell me now.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm unwilling to put the money required into fixing it and unwilling to sell it as a good car so would take a big hit by being honest.

So instead I'll split it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
See, I don't know if you're being sarky or not!

I didn't think I'd be breaking it or getting rid so soon but there you go.

If I sort out the entire front suspension at about £1300 then it's still due a belt and box refurb.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Almost certainly not but I don't care, it doesn't get stressed or disappointed or worry about money or have to borrow other peoples cars.

If anyone want its whole, minus 1 hub as I used a grinder then let me know. Otherwise it'll be getting split from next weekend on.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
Stomach couldnt handle not being in control. Both you n henny have ruined me

Rb 182
Spotted you in the garages but didn't have time to chat, I was in the other RB.
I got pulled in for abusing track limits and removing the floppy cones at the chicane. (That's when i noticed you.)

I did notice some gravel around you car, did you have a little off? How did you find the new car?

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
I did notice some gravel around you car, did you have a little off? How did you find the new car?

I had a few moments. Twice at McIntyre and once after the chicane. Good fun though. And when I did go a bit sideways at the gravel the diff made the difference in pulling the car straight.

I am fining there is a bit too much understeer compared to the previous car. Not sure what to change though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk