ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my first clio

Clio172
hi all,

finally my missus has seen the error of her ways and decided to buy me a toy,
having kids so young meant me selling my rs turbo and driving so called practical cars for years....now the kids are older she has relented
ive chosen a ph2 silver 172 ,75000 miles,full service history,as soon as it was bought it was then dropped off for cambelt,dephazer,waterpump etc etc,garage said springs were shot so has now been lowered on Pi springs 25mm,did want sportlines but my local council seem to confuse filling in potholes with seeing how many speedbumps can be put around the village,

this car will just be a toy and isnt my daily,other than strut braces,filter and k-tec stealth exhaust i havent done anything to it,
im fast running out of cash thats set aside for the car (that she knows about) and now im starting to have problems,ive been using the site for a while but now need help,

here goes.....

gearbox is leaking thru selector seal,there is warranty and they agreed to financial settlement,£500 to be exact,ive been quoted £800 including my choice of clutch,ive been topping the gearbox up everytime ive drove it,its quite bad to be honest,any suggestions?

secondly the toxic fume lights come on,it stays on constant? this isnt down to the exhaust as it was already fitted and car was running sweet,its only just come on
can anyone suggest any checks i can do myself? or what to look for?

i have very little mechanical experience even changing a bulb the other day left me thinking i was in need of a blood transfusion due to shredding my hands,

any help,advice or info will be very much appreciated,

thanks..