ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Clio Project

BMW Z4
HI Guys

This is also my first post (hopefully not my last) :) Anyway long story short is that I am going to race a Clio and I found my way to this forum so thought I would document the project from start to finish and as I have not even bought the car yet it really will be from start to finish :)

So before I get into a debate between schrick and kent cams :) My first question would be

Which car should I get to base this project on

A 172 cup or a 182 cup?

Bearing in mind I can get a 172 for 1500 quid and a 182 for 3k upwards. Of course I don't care how many miles its done as it will include a full engine rebuild anyway etc or how tatty it is either.

Based on the answer to this question I shall source the car and start stripping it out and taking pics etc of each stage of the process :)

Cant wait to get stuck in.

Best
Ice

Golf GT TDI
172 cup or phase 1 mate.

182 is a bit more expensive for basicly the same car

leaving you more money for mods

ur megane r26
i would go phase 1 like some of the others for a race car, however out of the above choice, 172 cup for sure