ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My fast road / track 172 cup

172 cup
Thought I'd start a thread on my cup just so I can keep a record of it's progress over time and somebody might even be interested lol but probable not ha ha
Well I bought it in September of a friend who had spent the previous 3 months building the car to a very high standard with no expense spared but unfortunatly for him dropped a valve on his first trackday in September at oulton park destroying a piston in the process and filling every cylinder with chunks of alloy result dead motor So it ended up at work where I had a quick look and found the aftermath of the dropped valve and the resulting engine replacement required this is where I step in . He made the decision to sell it at this point and cut his losses which sent the small and very simple cogs in my head into motion , there it sat in the yard for about a week max taunting me so all day everyday !! So I bit the bullet and added it to my fleet obviously the wife was over the moon at this and very understanding at least that's how I remember it
So out came the old engine took about 2 1/2 hours with out even trying to be quick ( at work on a ramp with all the right equipment mind ) was quite surprised how nice they are to take out .

172 cup
DSC_0549.JPG
DSC_0550.JPG
few pics keep this a bit interesting

Attachments

• DSC_0560.JPG
    DSC_0560.JPG
    262.6 KB · Views: 43
  172 cup
So old engine out gave the engine bay subframe etc etc a good degreasing and wash down ready for the new engine.
Step in mark (northloop) with the old engine out of his cup which was handily stored on a skateboard which made getting it to my car a breeze . So everything swapped over and sourced a set of arp rod bolts off eBay cheaper than anywhere else which were fitted checked the sheels while I was at it there like new result and a billet lightened flywheel off northloop as well seemed rude not to while it was out ha ha the nearly new clutch fitted start of the year and month old belt kit de phaser and pump swapped over put a new belt on anyway just incase and over the next few nights after work got it back in and running runs like a dream

172 cup
Anyway if you still there and awake did say it was for me to keep record ha ha the spec !
Engine
K tec induction
K tec stainless and decat
Arp rod bolts
Billet lightened flywheel
Edit parts 98ron remap made 184bhp on the old engine minus the flywheel

Brembo hc front discs ferodo ds2500 pads
Braided hoses
New compensator
New rear pads and discs forgot what

Eibach springs

Team dynamic pro race alloys uni royal rainsports

Full safety devises cage
Omp champ r seats
Omp harnesses

And loads more odds and sods hear there and every where its Really nice car with nearly everything new in the last 3-4 months a real credit to the guy that did most of it he's done a mint job

172 cup
It's a belting motor love it had it on the road since Thursday and has thrown up a load of things that need doing , went clay shooting in today and has been running mint till I got in to come how and has developed a miss that seems to come and go so will have to investigate that this week !! But hay it is a renault !! just bought it to have a bit of fun in and do some track days , road trips the ring etc etc and enjoy updating and modding as I go along so sorry for banging hope ya like it

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Hope they're pics of old engine and not new one [emoji85]

Looks a good base for a track car, hoping mine will be at this spec soon [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Top work mate!

Will have meet up for a drive out soon. Got any track days in the pipeline?

172 cup
Yes mate will have to have a blast , Nothing planned as of yet trackdays wise need save some penny's first probable look at doing one march -April time need get some other wheels really and some road/track tyres first

172 cup
image.jpg
Though I bets make an effort to update this so Dropped it up the inlaws over Christmas as need the space at home for a mini I bought on Christmas Eve ha ha wife loves me had buy my sell something for Christmas didn't i . Anyway that should be on it's way to a new home tomorrow all being good so got the clio back from my overflow storage department (inlaws drive) last Thursday up work for an mot Friday been sat about for a bit so brakes had rusted over over so gave them a strip and rub up Saturday all worked good just a little noisey and a good wash whilst wheels were off bloody wheels take ages to clean properly ! And a good blast out was order of the day Sunday will hopefully have have a bit more time and money to spend on it soon .
Looking at getting some ad08r's for it soon and thinking about a change of seat it's got a set of omp champ r's awesome seat but struggling to get on with them for some reason so a change is on the cards anyone interested pm me looking at the corbeau club sports just want to sit a a one before I order them look a good seat for the money

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Really nice cup mate. Just need some coilovers now to drop it off the stilts :tongueout: white wheels really suit it too