ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Evening with an R34

What can I say. Amazing machine, it was being run in and has not been mapped but once this has happened it will be a touch above 700 BHP. Closer to 620/630 BHP at the moment though. It was honestly the quickest car i have ever been eclipsing a 360 Fezza, TVR Cerb Red Rose EVO FQ 360 et al. What supprised me was how smooth it felt off boost just like a sports saloon being very drivable and friendly. The handling was fantastic and the damping great, zero body roll and the grip oh the grip! The stoppers are 10 yes 10 pot Tarrox callipers and when these get to work the experience is nearly as intense as the power. The interior as workman like but still a pleasant place to be the read out screen is cool and really lifts the inside making it feel to my mind a bit like a jet fighter! (school boy fantasy i guess!) the Nismo seats really lock you in place adding to the feeling of solidness. This car totally re calibrated my brain as to what fast really is. Incredible. Some awful Iphone pics and a very quick vid.

004.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

th_012.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Actually looks the part, love the 34's!

Always loved the blue one with standard wheels.

DCi 100
Looks ace, can't help thinking different wheels + spoiler would help it along though.

Only thing is with these is the fact you'd get mobbed by all the chavs that remember the one from 2F2F everywhere you go.

S23

The Cleee-O
Woahhhh. That is awesome! Video was cool too, always loved the 34, that looks like a lovely one :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The RB26 does sound incredible...But looks utter gammon, looks like a 4yr old designed it...But then again so do most Jap cars.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Be very surprised if that was near 700bhp without a single turbo, they dont look that big.

What turbos are they? Has the engine been strokered?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Be very surprised if that was near 700bhp without a single turbo, they dont look that big.

My thoughts but didnt want to sound like a diiick..lol!

Im pretty sure 550 is the max the twin setups normally kick out..still, thats hardly shy! lol

The BHP was confirmed by the chap who re-built the engine. Jun stroker kit and HKS turbo's. I am unsure of the model of turbo though.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The local ones here are a far better spec than that and they aren't 700bhp... and the clutches to handle said power are far from nice..

The local ones here are a far better spec than that and they aren't 700bhp... and the clutches to handle said power are far from nice..

I am just repating what I was told to be honest. I havent mentioned the spec, other than the stroker and the turbos.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Find out what hks turbos they are because its pretty well known you need a single turbo for big power

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I am just repating what I was told to be honest. I havent mentioned the spec, other than the stroker and the turbos.

Well the one above is strokered and running a custom made single and it runs a safe 640bhp. Its used weekly in the Dutch time attack series.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
well... those twins are far from stock size! they are massive compared to the stock turbo's! the compressor housings are much wider than the stock ones...

i would of thought 700 is a bit too ambitious tbh... but its not impossible, its not impossible to get that power on twins, infact there are twins in oz running 900bhp...

something about the car from the pics doesnt look right too me... might just be the pics but at first i thought it wa a gtt but as it has the nismo display it cant be, but the wheels look to far in the arches :S

bayside is a nice colour but white or midnight purple is my fav colour...

waitey isnt that a 32 above?

there is a mazda cosmo in the uk running twins (bigger twins than i will go single lol) and thats mental power 800bhp plus...

and os ginken make tripple plate clutches that will hold 1k bhp... and they are like a standard clutch to drive with... you dont need massively heavy clutches to take power...

Black Clio GT
f**k what it looks like or what colur it is when the gates sound like that.
i will own another gtr one day.......

Turbos.
Sounds great, an animal! Looks awful externally though, needs to divert some funds and hire the taste police.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
well... those twins are far from stock size! they are massive compared to the stock turbo's! the compressor housings are much wider than the stock ones...

i would of thought 700 is a bit too ambitious tbh... but its not impossible, its not impossible to get that power on twins, infact there are twins in oz running 900bhp...

something about the car from the pics doesnt look right too me... might just be the pics but at first i thought it wa a gtt but as it has the nismo display it cant be, but the wheels look to far in the arches :S

bayside is a nice colour but white or midnight purple is my fav colour...

waitey isnt that a 32 above?

there is a mazda cosmo in the uk running twins (bigger twins than i will go single lol) and thats mental power 800bhp plus...

and os ginken make tripple plate clutches that will hold 1k bhp... and they are like a standard clutch to drive with... you dont need massively heavy clutches to take power...

Yeah its a 32 built by Autosaurus. It was shipped to Holland for the time attack series last Sept.

I know what you mean about the clutches been light but the engagement can be very hit and miss with them lol

Sounds great, an animal! Looks awful externally though, needs to divert some funds and hire the taste police.

It does sound awesome mate!! Just to say looks wise it is totally standard bar the carbon bonnet but I can see what you mean, the 34's do look they need spacers!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Yeah its a 32 built by Autosaurus. It was shipped to Holland for the time attack series last Sept.

I know what you mean about the clutches been light but the engagement can be very hit and miss with them lol

thats part of the fun lol! you just put more revs on then hope and prey, once moving they are easy its just the pulling off lol!