ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY EP3

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
How's it drive on the ABP springs?

Looks good BTW!

Ill be honest with you, I've done 4 miles since lowering it, so cant really comment. I genuinely feel lower to the ground, my mate said its bumpier in the back.

Its a terrible pic I admit, it looks so much better lowered subtle. I didnt want it dropped on its arse but im well chuffed with how its sitting, hated the arch gap standard

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Bit of a clean

ae96fed6.jpg

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Looks good, a bit lower at the back than front though or is that just the pic or angle of the drive?

On a flat its lower at the front than the back slightly, Its on the drvie with handbrake on so looks lower.

IT was only lowered on Saturday night so it should settle a bit.

TTRS & V50
Engine bay bling is gash tbh. So are any owners club stickers imo.

But the springs lower it spot on. No lower, no higher. EP3's look pants low low regardless of my username.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Minor Update

Had new discs and pads on the front, 300mm Slotted Discs and EBC Red Stuff Pads All Fitted now, but no pics of them fitted.

428136_10150615900462558_513747557_9082538_624372568_n.jpg

Also Got some E-Tech Caliper paint to tidy up the calipers on my week off:

5785d54c.jpg

And a Skunk2 Heavyweigh Gear Knob

400bfd5e.jpg

659e1558.jpg

Its alot heavier than I thought lol!

Tyres, MOT and Tax and then I'll probably get a K-100 and MAnifold/B Pipe with stock back box.

Another Idea I've got is to get a Double DIN HU, Smooth the Fascia adapter in and get the centre console sprayed and laquered in Cosmic Grey like the exterior?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Like the gearknob mate. Looks fantastic. Prefer it without the skunk bit on it though.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Your going to think Im taking the piss, but it honestly feels easier to get into gear with the heavier knob lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Couple of boring Jobs:

Its maintainance time now :(

So That means

6 Months Tax
MOT
Tyres (Gone for some cheapish Falken 912's, seem to have good reviews and are correct fitment)
Serivce.

For the Service I've had the Gearbox Oil, Brake Fluid done within the past month, and I dont need the Ar Filter, So I'm going to do it myself, and get the Valve Clearences checked with the MOT.

So I've bought:

Oil
Oil Filter
Spark Plugs
Pollen Filter
I need to pick up a fuel filter too.

So Hopefully, I should be Serviced, Motted, Taxxed and Tyres which should mean Its shouldnt "need" any money spending on it.

Barring any catastrophes come MOT time (its only done 4k since last 1), I should be able to get my Camber Arms fitted and FRSU. A Wheel Refurb and this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260965758901?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

:)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Nice double D!

I have my MOT, Tax and service due in May.
Will need new front tyres also. FML.

Mine didn't start first time on Saturday :S

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
when its cold, as in icy on screen, mine screeches when its firstr starts, suposed to be normal (well everyones on the forum does it apparently!

Just checked, my cars only done 3,200 miles between MOTs (well 11 months, I mot it a month early)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I've only done 4k since last May :eek:

Saturday night was pretty cold here.
It just didn't fire. Tried second time and it was fine. Been fine since too.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Had no idea you were modifying this and totally missed this thread. It looks awesome mate, like the mods so far too.

Owners club sticker does not look good though, quarter of the size and it'd be fine.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Yea I really am going to try and get some smaller owners club ones! Cost me a Tenner they did lol!

The eventual modification list is pretty large, I've made the mistake of sticking it all in an Excel file with prices etc and when its all laid out in money, it doesnt seem worth it as my shopping list is £2500 =/

I think once the calipers are painted (black), the Suspension is set up with camber arms and a JDM ARB, an Engine Strut brace to finish off the engine bay. Then Refurb the wheels and stick a double DIN in, Ill be happy with the actual car. That little lot is over £700 though!

I can then look at potentially increasing the power. I cannot justify/afford to go Forced Induction, But I would definately like the V-Tec engagement point lowering, So perhaps an RBC Inlet, a Japspeed 421 Manifold, and either a B Pipe or complete cat back, coupled with a K100 and some mapping time, I should have a pretty decently performing Type R, without spending "fortunes".

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Booked it in for a MOT on Thursday morning, gave it a wash today and noticed this:

When I bought it, there was a 1mm crack in the bumper. Each week it appears to get a bit bigger, and there are many hairline cracks coming off it. ITs quite bad now, So I need to get it done.

Now this car is in extremely good condition with the exception of the wheels and this crack. The wheels are getting done soon.

What sort of money do you think this would cost?

6882c7d0.jpg

95fff6d3.jpg

The 2nd line isnt cracked right through BTW, I've flexxed it a little to show in the pic.