ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY EP3

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Nice car, mates got the same and had it for about three years, two trackdays, 90k and never missed a beat. Getting a couple of bits done to mine today, if it doesnt rectify the problem it will be going in the classifieds. Might give me an excuse to get one of these, in red or black though. Enjoy

172 PH1, S/C EP3
Is the 50 quid people taking about for a new badge? if so i got one from honda for 28 quid.

NIce car mate, get a full system including manifold and decat, decent filter and this will keep u happy for a while, u will need a o2 simulator to keep ur management light of but its worth it. Then get K pro once u have more funds ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Great cars if you gloss over the steering. Most people can't tell anyway, they think that because it doesn't understeer around a town centre roundabout in the dry then it's fine.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Is the 50 quid people taking about for a new badge? if so i got one from honda for 28 quid.

NIce car mate, get a full system including manifold and decat, decent filter and this will keep u happy for a while, u will need a o2 simulator to keep ur management light of but its worth it. Then get K pro once u have more funds ;)

Yea mine was £28 for the EP3.

Turkish paid more for his EK9. Been cool and JDM has a premium you know :p

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

I have a few grand left to play with, and my Clio to sell, But Im going to Vegas in October, and whilst I have paid for the holiday, I still need spending money for that, and I said this year Im going to pop over to Barcelona to watch them play football @ the Nou Camp so we will see :)

Thing is I dont think I'll be in this financial position for a while once its gone, So If Im going to mod it, I kinda need to do it now (Well the big stuff)

172 PH1, S/C EP3
I have a few grand left to play with, and my Clio to sell, But Im going to Vegas in October, and whilst I have paid for the holiday, I still need spending money for that, and I said this year Im going to pop over to Barcelona to watch them play football @ the Nou Camp so we will see :)

Thing is I dont think I'll be in this financial position for a while once its gone, So If Im going to mod it, I kinda need to do it now (Well the big stuff)

Yeah man thats a dillema but i would favour the money towards the holidays if it was me. But i know where ur coming from.

The first mod i fitted was a full system, dc sports manifold and HKS cat back and it made a big diffrence in power and sounds lol. I had a KnN typhoon, an AEM V1 and V2 and now i have the tegiwa M, defo worth spending a bit extra on mods that will last and are better for performance

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Yeah man thats a dillema but i would favour the money towards the holidays if it was me. But i know where ur coming from.

The first mod i fitted was a full system, dc sports manifold and HKS cat back and it made a big diffrence in power and sounds lol. I had a KnN typhoon, an AEM V1 and V2 and now i have the tegiwa M, defo worth spending a bit extra on mods that will last and are better for performance

Is the Tegiwa worth the extra money/fitting compared to the V2?

172 PH1, S/C EP3
Is the Tegiwa worth the extra money/fitting compared to the V2?

I would say so mate, if ur thinking of modify the car a bit more then yes, start of with a quality intake. If not then a AEM V2 is still ok but it gets dirty quickly as it sits beside the gap at the inner wing. Easily cleaned though. Its meant to be bad for getting heat soak as its an open cone filter but i dont know so much

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I would say so mate, if ur thinking of modify the car a bit more then yes, start of with a quality intake. If not then a AEM V2 is still ok but it gets dirty quickly as it sits beside the gap at the inner wing. Easily cleaned though. Its meant to be bad for getting heat soak as its an open cone filter but i dont know so much

Thats what my mate was saying, dont get the open cone.

But I really hate the idea of modifying the scuttle, I suppose I could just wait till one comes up, there seems plenty about

172 PH1, S/C EP3
Thats what my mate was saying, dont get the open cone.

But I really hate the idea of modifying the scuttle, I suppose I could just wait till one comes up, there seems plenty about

Yeah mate i know what u mean by the scuttle but its easy to do and theres always people want to swap the intake and scuttle panels, defo hold of mate and get the better intake ;)

172 PH1, S/C EP3
ITs going to be around £450 fitted for the Teg with the modded scuttle and Red Pipe =/ lol

Keep an eye out for a second hand one mate thats not to old, thats what i done, got one for 250 with a modded scuttle then got a red sfs hose for 75 quid, job done :clap: lol

Clio 172
Don't go to CPL, they've had alot of unhappy customers (obviously maybe happy but still). Personally if its a Type R i would use TGM Sport in Fleet or TDI North. Both have very good reputation and all work on my DC5 was done by either. TDI North are the best for Kpro in the country by many accounts.

Performance Autoworks in Fairfield are also very good for Servicing/Mods but do not do Kpro.

FRSU is a must. Eibach springs, camber bolts and rear arms :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Fast Road Set Up? Where do I get that done and how much is it?

Im thinking a filter and alloy refurb is the first things. Possible lower it slightly, Couldnt afford coilies at the moment, are there any springs worth buying?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
EP3 Fast Road Alignment set-up Front & Rear £130 WAS £155
*Includes Eibach front camber bolts and Labour costs*

That was last months deal @ ABP? I guess thats it?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Quick question regarding the Camber, Does the Civic suffer badly from Camber when lowering even as little as 30mm? Ive lowered all my previous cars, including a 2001 Clio on 18s which i Lowered 80mm and didnt have un even tyre wear with a simple geo set up from the local tyre sales??

I am fully aware that a full geo set up with all the camber mods will make an awesome difference to the handling, I am not debating that, but for now I just want my car a little lower. I dont track it, or race it, i pootle to work and the gym?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
It'll be fine. Plenty of people lower it and dont sort the FRSU. Just make sure all four are straight by getting them done properly.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
OBviously Id get the Geometry done, but wouldnt be able to adjust camber.

OVer on the forums they seem to think 30mm will drastically change the camber and result in me buying P Zero's every month, I Cant see it been the case.

I know when people slam their E46 3 Series Coupes the camber goes silly on the back, but cant see 30mm making much difference.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I had camber bolts maxed out on my old clio and it lowered about 70mm on Potenzas, they were fine for nearly a year, probably could have done another half a year!

It will change the camber especially to the rear as the rear camber arms have little if no adjustment.

Because its adjustable it needs to be right.

It won't be that bad though but it's better if u can get it all done. They handle really well in standard form, but will a little bit of camber and toe they are awesome!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
408845_10150544096667558_513747557_8884549_25604739_n.jpg

:)