ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Engine has gone.... UNBELIEVABLE.

Just get a 1.8 BE and keep the 2ltr head and cams. Will be cheaper and still rapid...more so than a proper 1.8 but probably not quite as a 2ltr...a good inbetween

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 28 July 2005

that for the full engine Matt? (gearbox, ECU, head?)

not completely full......but some ancileries will be attached. No box & no ecu. These are like hens teeth at the moment...you just cant get em anywere

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Im a big believer in fate, lads - something, somewhere wasnt meant to happen. None of it adds up - especially when everything seemed to be going so right.

Not that any of that helps you at the moment Chris - but for something major like that to happen on the day of an initial interview??? Call it coincidence, which it could be, but I think theres some bigger picture going on.

Get the car fixed and go for a different type of job! ;)

D.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Alright mate you sound about as lucky as me anyway,theres a place in wolverhampton called cliospares they advertise on ebay,they are breaking a p reg 2.0 16v megane coupe 01902 717758

OMG.. cant believe what I thought this thread said! I think I am losing it big time!

I thought the thread title said My Eugene has gone... !!!! AND I actually was annoyed coz I want him to win! :confused:

Get Matts bottom end Chris and me and you can fit it in a weekend, you can stay here friday and saturday night.

Well take it to the workshop and get it on the ramps.

Im sure that will be highly appreciated Andy(y)

I have spoken to Chris today on the blower and hes cool. He is Picking up a valver lump tonight and is gonna sit on it for a bit as a back up plan if all else fails.

Hows your holiday going anyway:cool:

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by BigChris on 28 July 2005

anyone know where i can get a meggy bottom end ?
try infinicar, they had 1 last week when i phoned , meg 2.0 eng 66k £500 iirc

German Barge

Right,

im hopefully going to be getting a trailer sorted over the next week or so, and ill be taking the car up to GDI for the damage to be assessed, think removing the head will answer a 1000 questions

I have sourced a 1.8 16v engine, and ecu, so have that now as a "back up"....

Im hoping that the damage wont be too bad to my current engine, that way i will be repairing it ready for resale...

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by u33db on 28 July 2005

Just get a 1.8 BE and keep the 2ltr head and cams. Will be cheaper and still rapid...more so than a proper 1.8 but probably not quite as a 2ltr...a good inbetween
I reckon thats the setup I have - it had 2.0l written all over the head when I got it - in places where its nigh on impossible to write it if it wasnt taken off/on...

Might explain why you can rev the tits of it still but feels faster than the rest of the valvers Id driven before I bought it?

Gutted for you matey, dont go back to a 1.8 though, it wouldnt satisfy you after the 2.0l... or your buyer! ;)

German Barge

yeh its one of those things you think will "never happen to you" then it does lol....

Im have managed to meet a "top fueler" from santa pod, and he is interested in rebuilding it for me. May drop it round sometime this week, but hope he can sort it...

just out of interest, will a valver bottom end go with the williams head? strange combination, but will it have the same sort of gains as a williams engine? just food for thought...

IF all else fails, itll be going on a trailer, where it seems to spend most of its life, up to mr andy and mr ben.

Quote: Originally posted by BigChris on 30 July 2005

just out of interest, will a valver bottom end go with the williams head? strange combination, but will it have the same sort of gains as a williams engine? just food for thought...
Yes it will fit.

Gains are more top end as far as i know so a little diffferent from what youll get with a willy lump/2ltr BE. AFAIK itll be a little like slapping a ported/camd 1.8 setup on (as the 2ltr head has the bigger ports already and its cams are more aggressive than the 1.8 items anyway).

Ive only heard of one other person that has done this (jimbo?? or the likes friend??) . Apparently once its on, it drives pretty much like a std 1.8 up to the usual 4k or so then REALLY takes off...remember something like "it would have had power well beyond the 7k limit" being said or the like. IIRC this person was on a std willy head and cams so i guess if youve got 2ltr aftermarket cams already itll be really mad.

Would be interesting and if youve youve got the 2ltr head sitting about you may as well! :)