ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Dog 172 - Project Roadworthy

RS172
So a bit of background on me really - I've own a rather larger number of cars from clio's to corsa's, polo's to Mini's.
Ive always done my own mechanics an I've got a cracking little garage at home to keep me dry in the winter months! :D

So my manager was getting rid of his car and wanted £500 for it, an opportunity I wasn't going to let slip ;) so I picked her up and started to throw my wallet at the rear window!
So far it's had the following:
Discs & pads front
Discs & pass rear
Rear wheels bearings
Rear abs rings
Front headlight bulbs (xenon HID)

Still a ton to do at the moment! Plans are as followed;
Headlight restoration kit
O/s driveshaft as inside boot has gone....
Full service
Exhaust hanger (rear)
Rear shocks both sides
Number plate light and holder
Refurb wheels
Two new tyres
And the list could go on....
Need to fix the sodding horn too!

Some pictures for your viewing pleasure!

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-7.jpg

And one of my daily run around :)

image-8.jpg

RS172
Intake needs a lick of paint too! Need an engine cover if anyone has one laying around? Need the bolts too!

RS172
Bulbs seems to have good reviews tbh - never heard of flames from a xenon bulb tbh - if they pop it's just game over for the bulb. Couldn't sell them of they we're dangerous... And a 5 year warranty too.

RS172
I'll bare that in mind buddy - he could have had a wiring problem to be honest!

No Updates this week - but a lot in the pipe line, clutch cable to be fitted soon as well as a bumper respray and wheel refurb too

Plus my never ending shopping list!