ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Detailed Clio

Clio 197
1375062_10151633246806991_493815627_n.jpg

Washed, clayed then polished

Honda & VW
Welcome to the forum, does look 'clean'. However, for a first post its rather lazy and doesn't massively invite compliments.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
"The finer Detail" "Attention to Detail" the word "detail" seems to get thrown around quite a bit on here.
Because they spend a day washing there cars they think its a detail.

In my book it means cleaning every nook and cranny, cotton buds to clean the air vents etc.
All stages of washing right up to wax and protection

Anyway, nice car.

You washed it well.

Clio 220 Trophy
Jamie 197,

Mate, take no notice of all the stupid comments that have been posted, your car looks good enjoy it.

RB Clio 182
It looks nice mate, but you did well if you have washed, clayed, polished, waxed and done all the trims/tyres etc in a little over 3 hours, that would take me about 8 lol.

I didnt realise you were 32.

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Did you wax it? Pointless doing what you did without waxing it. As for de-tarring it the clay bar should of made short work of tar spots.

Doesnt using a da/rotary whizz the marring straight off anyway?? Even a light go over with the da gets rid ime.

Yes. It will. But detailing is the art of removing as little clear coat as poss to achieve the desired effect. So by missing out tar and iron decontam stages, you're inflicting marring that could be otherwise avoided.

RB Clio 182
Yes. It will. But detailing is the art of removing as little clear coat as poss to achieve the desired effect. So by missing out tar and iron decontam stages, you're inflicting marring that could be otherwise avoided.

I thought claying was this stage? To remove tar, iron and tree sap deposits etc.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
In a ideal world you want to touch the paint the least amount possible. You can clay with out doing the de iron and de tar star but you have to work the clay harder meaning more and more touching the paint. If you prepare with proper hits of de ironised and tar remover you will have to work the clay less meaning less contact with paint resulting in less damage to the paint. It also save time, for a good half hour of proper pre 'claying' processes you can save a few hours of actual claying.

I thought claying was this stage? To remove tar, iron and tree sap deposits etc.

Claying is the last stage of decontamination, but this is not as well/widely known as it should be. Clay will remove tar and iron, but will drag large particles across your paint, hence the need to follow up with polishing. The inclusion of tar and iron removers minimises this risk of marring, but tree sap and other contaminants will still cause marring (harsh clays, used to remove overspray will do the same).

If your clay is full of dark brown/black streaks, I would seriously consider a tar remover.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Looks really good mate:). As said it's not really a proper detail per say.

theres so many variations to detailing however a proper detail is in the detail. It's pretty much EVERYTHING you can do to
a car. It takes me usually a couple of days because it's so involving. My neighbours think I'm a weirdo. I am.