ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clios a bag of s**t!

own it for 2 years...

(1.2 16v) 69k

water pump
tracking arm
torsion bar cips
c/l has a mind of it's own sometimes
sun roof rattles really annoyingly
uses a lot of oil
coil pack now needs replacing (engine light comes on keeps cutting out)
loss of power due to above and also now clutch is slipping
if you have 2 people in the back you have to crush their legs before you can adjust your seat.

i want to smash it up! french bag of s**t.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Ive had to a lot more things in two years than that, Go f**king smash it up if you think its so crap!

M

mini-valver

Clutch's are circa £70 s a patten part, fitting wont be cheap though. Coiplack's arent mega money either.

f**k sake, about 400 quid then all in all. what a piece of s**t, thats nearly a years insurance for me.
how much would i get for my car as it stands?

1.2 16v 2002,
body works 8/10
6 months MOT
6 months tax
had full service belts water pump etc
last service 5k ago
2 owners from new
all reciepts and FSH
both keys
touch screen cd payer

M

mini-valver

Wants a clutch and coilpack so about £1500. I'd say it was worth about £2200 if it was a drive away.

Renault clio cup, 2.0 16v
Re: my clios a bag of s**t!

Had mine 3 months

Drive shaft, Steering Knuckle, rear shocks, cv gaitors, disks and pads trackrod ends and an unsolved misfire ( until i found this site ) thank god for warranty eh!

I have only done 3000 miles - who drove it before? Stevie Wonder,

Nice car though :D

i had endless problems with my 02 1.2 16v, spent so much money on it

i sold it for £1.5k in december, it was a black dynamique on 79k

Clio 1.5 dCi 80
Ive had my dci 80 for about 5 months....ive spent s**t loads of money on it but i still love every second i drive.

I replaced: 2 Injectors, All glow plugs, Full service, tdc sensor, camshaft sensor, all new brakes all around, back right side shock, loom rewired/soldired, anti rool bushes and aload of s**t i cannot remember...all that cost £1,500 to do.

Still need to get a new clutch...not that it slips but its on its way out and quite hard.

www.renparts.co.uk

own it for 2 years...

(1.2 16v) 69k

water pump
tracking arm
torsion bar cips
c/l has a mind of it's own sometimes
sun roof rattles really annoyingly
uses a lot of oil
coil pack now needs replacing (engine light comes on keeps cutting out)
loss of power due to above and also now clutch is slipping
if you have 2 people in the back you have to crush their legs before you can adjust your seat.

i want to smash it up! french bag of s**t.

After 60k a lot does start going wrong sadly so you are going to have to expect to spend, if you sort those out and the cambelt has been done you 'should' have trouble free motoring.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
shame, i would rather buy a car with 100k on it as 9/10 they are up together, 50-70k most of them need alot of work.

ur megane r26
my 1.2 16v didnt have a single problem with it untill the end, when there was a problem with the ecu but i spoke to rentec and they said it would cost 250 to repair, so if i had of got it done it would have only cost me 400 tops in the 3 years and 25000 miles i drove it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

it's a pathetic hassle, and it doesn't serve it's purpose anymore, anyone want to buy it for 1750?

An absolute bargain considering the way you've described it. You ever thought of a career in sales??

Ph1
My female mate had a 1.2 and it was dog'd with problems from day one.

Another mate had one which had the tits razzed off it and god knows how many miles put on it and it never bothered him once

Hit and miss

Evo 8 MR
Indeed hit and miss I'm on my second clio, the first was an absolute nightmare of a car to have but I loved it to bits thats why I took a chance on getting another and so far so good after just over a month of ownership.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi

Indeed hit and miss I'm on my second clio, the first was an absolute nightmare of a car to have but I loved it to bits thats why I took a chance on getting another and so far so good after just over a month of ownership.

thats it now, mate. You've jinxed yourself!:evil:

just a quick reply...

my car had leaked oil onto one of the sensors to do with the throttle body or somethin, fuel to air mix? cleaned the throttle body out and sensor its fine now.
also i took that metal ecu casing off (pain in the arse job) the little wheel **** to turn, pathetic design.

Try having three new engine wiring looms in 5 years, three sets of wheel bearings, four horns, new throttle body, clutch etc etc etc.

You've had it light mate!

330i. E30 Touring.
My 1.2 was good as gold. I did 30,000 miles in it and not one single problem. It was driven hard, too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I had a 52' plate one for 3 years and never did anything bar a service to it.

Great car that was. Had it till 79'000 miles.