ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio with matched inlet graph

E39 M5 & Corsa track
Porting heads/inlets etc is an art, we have seen some heads which look good but perform shockingly! same with inlets on some cars we have thru the doors for rebuilds the ports are all different shapes etc, not as easy as people make out.

2005 Nissan Navara
ah lol

well there is a couple of areas I "address" which is seperate from the actual matching. So based on that alone, they arent all going to be the same, no.

Then theres actual quality of workmanship. Somebody matching them with a dremmel isnt goin to have the same effect as somebody with various top of the range grinders (aside from build quality, better tools have less vibration and better bearings, therefore the tool chatters less. this aids the finnish immensley). Same with burrs and abbrasives.

So yes, in essence the practice is loosley the same, but the end results can be quite different.

2005 Nissan Navara
Porting heads/inlets etc is an art, we have seen some heads which look good but perform shockingly! same with inlets on some cars we have thru the doors for rebuilds the ports are all different shapes etc, not as easy as people make out.

Yup.
Recently had a couple of heads from other companies on my flowbench, Was intresting to say the least.

Guys, im booked in to have my Clio 172 FF(52 plate) inlets matched.

Jamsport are doing a before and after run.

I have ITG panel filter and Ktec exhaust from CAT back. (with no centre silencer)

Power run will be done on this setup, then with matched inlets. This is being done in two weeks so results up soon :) should sort out whats what :)

good drills got the same as you on the 172, will be watching and waiting for the results dude

M135i
niiiiice! good to see you got the job done so soon Broster. glad you put them to good use, they were just gathering dust at mine.

Ph1
Might be wrong but i always thought they did. The RR graph says Cup and his sig says Cup so guessing it is a Cup lol

Iceberg 172
Not the one that's been done already, Sean. above is having a before & after RR session this weekend :)

Focus RS Mk1
mine isnt a cup chaps.

as for the RS stamp, i'll have a gander when they come off for you. being done this saturday so not long :)

other mods taking place - new handbrake cable!!!! lol

Iceberg 172
Hi all, the results are in and the work is done.

Just to keep the relevant information here:

So now the important bit you've all been waiting for.

Before run:

171bhp @ 6227Rpm
156lbft @ 4995

That is with Ktec stealth exhaust and ITG panel filter. Car recently serviced 1000miles ago.

After run:

179bhp @ 6105Rpm
163lbft @ 5056Prm

With the mathced inlets done and same mods as above.

So an increase of 8bhp and 8lbft of torque. How does it drive? well much better actually, small differences but overall car feels more punchy, picks up when overtaking a bit better. Gets to the tops speeds a little quicker than before. Pulls better through the revs in the higer gears. Overall very happy with such a simple mod. Didnt expect miracles and i didnt get any but worth while none the less.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Good Results IMO.... I'm still in and are we going with Jamsport then???

378bhp Leon Cupra R
can you get the same results with the 182 or does the matched inlets work better with the 172???

RS RIP
Supposably the 182 all have the "RS" lower manifold which is good enough / alot better than the 172 lower manifolds. Not really worthwhile doing the 182 manifold matching , brings almost no improvements so i've heard/read

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ You still get an improvemant and some gain, "maybe" not just as much as other/earlier models though.

Focus RS Mk1
plus the fact that every car will be different!

its not as simple as if i get my inlets done will i achieve 8bhp and 8lbft of torque instantly. some cars will be matched ok and some poorly. Bit of pot luck imo.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
Supposably the 182 all have the "RS" lower manifold which is good enough / alot better than the 172 lower manifolds. Not really worthwhile doing the 182 manifold matching , brings almost no improvements so i've heard/read

recently done a 182 with rs inlets, he is a user on here

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=378561

deffinatly worth doing on the 182 IMO!

also my 172 cup had the rs lower inlet and i noticed a difference.

Focus RS Mk1
apologies for the lack of graph to date everyone...havent got a scanning facility at work so will have to wait until the weekend, unless Mark you still have it on the computer at jamsport, long shot?

E39 M5 & Corsa track
sean_inlet.jpg

there you go