ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio V6 MK I rear-ended

...by a taxi driver who wasnt paying attention, braked hard, and slid into my car at the traffic light. I feel very sad that my car is left with the following:

1) Major dent on the rear hatch (hatch does not seal shut and sensor indicates its still opened at all times, had to disconnect the entry light)
2) Cracked right rear tail-lamp
3) Cracked rear bumper (upper and lower sections)
4) Broken right mesh grille (and possible shift to exhaust mountings)
5) Taxi paint marked exhaust tip
6) Cracks on right rear quarter panel

What are the chances that I can still source that fiberglass rear bumper and right rear quarter panel from Renault? The other driver will incur all costs involved to get my car back to the original pristine condition it was in.

Feeling very sick just thinking of the damage... thanks for looking.

[Edited by krms on 7/30/2005 8:29:13 PM]

Sorry to hear that...............very bad................I recon you need to get it checked jut incase there is more damage than you can see.

I dont think it should be a problem getting the parts it might be the cost that the insurance might not like...............I hear Vees can be written off very easily due to the cost of parts!

Not much help there but that might be the way it is.

Cya Stu

Sorry to hear youve been bashed, hope you get it sorted out soon, damn shame if another vee is off the road. If the worst come to the worst, I do know of a Renault Breaker in Lancs, that have various V6 panels, let me know if you need the number.

Thanks all for your help. The car is at the shop being inspected, will know the estimate and availability of parts tomorrow.