ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 182 Review

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
This video is really just me having a bit of fun, whilst also practising the art of online video. I decided to review my own car first before I step into the world of press cars.

Please excuse my constant fumbling and 90s style video humour, the video was made on a serious budget with serious time constraints! But I'm still very pleased with the finished product, as cringeworthy as it is!

[youtube]lrY5_-x1yi0#t=47[/youtube]

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Not a bad little video . Somewhat influenced by Chris Harris? The only thing that stood out tbh was the recurrence of 'er' and 'erm'.

Car sounds great though, is it a yozza?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
THought that was pretty good, only thing that i didn't like was the "shock horror" screen bit.

But yeah a pretty good for a first try!

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Ha thanks guys. Yeah massive influence from Chris Harris and similar car youtube channels to be honest. I figured it'd be best to get doing something conventional to learn the ropes before developing my own techniques.

The biggest let down for me is definitely the 'umms' and occasional fumbling, but I'll fix that in the next vid with a much more effective scriptwriting procedure (this one consisted of me thinking the words up as I went!)

And yeah that's a yozza cat-back exhaust system. Sounds much better since Fred at BTM welded up the centre section join

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
For a first video, it's composed and confident which is massive. A script, and a few takes will get rid of the waffle and pauses.

I used to do a radio show so know how annoying saying 'erm' is to yourself, nevermind viewers/ listeners.

Is it decatted?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Fair play that's a good effort! Less of the UMMs (which is difficult and might take a bit of practise and a few cuts) and cringe at the shock horror bit but other than that it's very good; well done.

Great effort for a first video. Really like the format of it.

If I'm trying to be picky, one thing I did notice, which doesn't matter too much, is the amount of sentences starting with 'erm'

Enjoyed watching it though.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Thought that was quite a good watch, the erms already mentioned and the 'shock horror' a little OTT IMO. Other than that a pleasant 4 minute review

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Thanks guys. Yeah next vid will certainly have much more preparation and therefore hopefully no "erms!" To film this we just went out with no solid plan and the finished product kind of reflects that.

Next I hope to get my hands on a press car. Still new to the game so a Kia or Hyundai looks most likely - their press teams seem most open to newbies!

And it's just a cat back exhaust, would be too loud for me without a cat I reckon

E46 M3 CSL
Ha ha, pretty cool to see a review of one of these, rather than some stratospherically priced supercar. Was it your car that was in the EVO feature and won best hot hatch under £4k or something like that? Remember reading the article. Good work! :)