ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio 172 thread

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Well after recently selling my clio 172 cup and buying a ibiza fr tdi and deaply regreting it the choice was made and had to go back to another cliosport :) so yesterday afternoon I took a trip to peterborough and pick up a very clean black 172 on a 04 plate with history and 2 keys this will be a slow threae and will be picking uo after xmas once I have a bit of money altho there are a few problems that need doing all help on solving these problems would be great :)

Problems.
Powersteering is very very heavy and the revs drop so low the car cuts out only when im parking and the steerings on full lock
Heaters stay hot when I turn temp down to min and also hot when aircon is on
Car feels pretty gutless compared to my cup dosent feel like it kicks or takes off like my old cup did they guy said the cambelt was changed at 106k car is now on 111k (im thinking maybe timming is out)

All help would be great! :)

Plans for the clio is.

Powerflex dogbone mount as old one is nocking (orderd awaiting delivery)

Ktec exhaust maybe silenced stealth or the reccesed exhaust

New numberplate led bulb and case to make it look fresh

Led sidelights

Cup rear spoiler

Skoda fabia front splitter

3/4 front number plate

Lowerd all round not to low just low enough

Turni alloy wheels

Replace current pipercross cone filter with standard air box with ktec panel filter

Purchase 3m headlight restoration kit for headlights

All I can think of atm all other suggestions are welcome :)

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
52530b0d310ee_1.jpg52530b4720c3c_1.jpg52530bb81fe22_1.jpg52530bfc16137_1.jpg52530c41cf7c5_1.jpg52530c7468a6c_1.jpg

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
forgot to mention lambda sensor needs changing and the guy said the engline man light was on but he reset it for me with his computer light hasent come back on yet can this cause it to hold back?