ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172 MK2

Thanks scott.

BTW anyone here know what headlight projectors do the MK2 clios use? Are they from Hella? Just wondering.

Cheers,
K.

Hi Adam,

The car is 2002. I got it used this yar May. But its in excellent condition thats why i picked it up :) And no ESP:)

P.s. iwas htinking to get the clear side repeaters like the ones on 2003+ models, but do you think orange repeaters look better?

Cheers,
Kenn.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 28 August 2005

Nice, where you from mate? Youve got 15s??
15s were standard on the Aussie cars iirc... the 195/45 16 dont meet there load requirements

Thanks for the link. I was thinking aout getting 182 wheels on mine. i.e. 205/45/16. Will the speedo be out of whack much? Thats what i am worried about changing from 192/50/15 to 205/45/16.

Cheers,

K.

Hi guys,

I dont think there will be much diff if any between 15" and 16" but i may be wrong:p Thats why i am still thinking whether to get 182 16" wheels:p

Cheers,
Kenn.

looking good definately get some 16s on, either 182 wheels with 3mm spacers or 172 16" wheels. Either way get the 205 tyres on them.

Hi Loony,

You mean if i go for 182 wheels i need 3mm spacers? They dont fit in directly with no mods?

Cheers,

Kenn.

Thanks cat171. Yeah our 172 is the same as the UK i believe, just the wheels are 15" instead of 16". Pity really.

Cheers,

Kenn.

They will fit straight on but 182 wheels are ET45 and 172 wheels are ET42 so they will fit straight on but youll be reducing the track so personally id fit spacers to keep the track as wide as it would be with the 172 wheels.

Hi GUys,

Thanks for that. Do you have a link where Mike172sport has a pic for his car?:) Also what is th eadvantage of having the track wider?

Cheers,
Kenn.