ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172 mk2 starts 90% of the time???

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
Basically 10% of the time I jump in, turn the key, lights come on the dash, nothing else happens? Battery is fine.
I think it must be the imobiliser??? Any ideas?

1.2 16v 02 GOLD :)
same as mine, does yours try and turn over or not? if it does it mite be a earth leakage some were, poss, the battery?

Clio 172 Ph1.
If its an immobilizer problem, the light will flash sequently quickly.
If it does turn over and doesnt start - Its the TDC-sensor 90% of the time.
If it doesn't turn over at all take a look at the starter motor, the little wire have a tendancy to corrode and therefor the motor wont jump in.

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
It doesn't even attempt to turn over, want to take it to the Renault garage, but scared they will charge £££ to fix it

Focus RS mk1
If its an immobilizer problem, the light will flash sequently quickly.
If it does turn over and doesnt start - Its the TDC-sensor 90% of the time.
If it doesn't turn over at all take a look at the starter motor, the little wire have a tendancy to corrode and therefor the motor wont jump in.

as this guy said

i would say its the corroded starter motor connector, ive had this problem too!

Clio 172 Ph1.
Oh believe me. I worked for renault for 3½ years, and this is a very common problem here in denmark.