ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172 cup

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Hi all,

Picked this little beauty up last week.Bought it as a runaround to leave the other car off the road for the winter mainly and hadnt planned on doing much to it but just enjoy it and drive it but im already hooked and want to buy loads of bits for it already.

Ive had all manner of cars in the past from scoobys/evos to M3/CRX vtec,Golf gti etc etc and this is up there with them.I love it.So much fun and handles amazing.Havent stopped smiling since i got it lol

Im guessing its an ex member car judging by the stickers already on it so its probably already know.

Anyway heres some pics,

dscf0880s.jpg

cliols.jpg

dscf0882n.jpg

dscf0881e.jpg

dscf0884c.jpg

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Cheers lads,

Plates are being changed on Thursday as im in Rep of Ireland so i have to VRT it and change it over to Irish reg plates :)

LY R26
Looks a nice example mate :). Glad you've found a good one, the splitter aint missing too! top banana.

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Got my wheels refurbed in anthracite and fitted Ktec coilovers..

Wont be keeping the coilovers as i plan to upgrade to H&R's..Ktecs are far too sort but i knew that buying them.I just wanted the car a bit lower for now :)

Also painted the calipers yellow..Not to everyones taste but i like the colour combo.

Also i know the this look has been done to death on here but over in Ireland there arent many Clio 172's around never mind a Cup version so its different where i am lol..Havent actually seen another Cup on the road over here.

savedpictureu.jpg

Loads of plans for the new year but in the meantime i want to paint the front grills black and tidy up a few bits and pieces.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
My calipers are yellow aswell i just done them recently....What caliper paint did u use matey

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I was gonna say it looks really nice and yellow...I used foliatec its come out more like a creamy yellow and not as bright as i thought

Very lucky! ^^^

I'm just amazed the difference between silver and anthracite alloys - makes your car look meaner, more planted - Coilovers may have helped there though.

Got any pictures side on? Really like the yellow calipers.

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Very lucky! ^^^

I'm just amazed the difference between silver and anthracite alloys - makes your car look meaner, more planted - Coilovers may have helped there though.

Got any pictures side on? Really like the yellow calipers.

Cheers mate..Il take a side on pic when i get a chance.To be honest im going to raise her up a touch at the front as im getting some rubing.Shes a little too low.

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Picked these up last week.

wp000140i.jpg

wp000141i.jpg

wp000144.jpg

I know changing the interior in a cup isnt to everyones taste but i think the 172 seats are alot nicer and theres is no noticable difference in weight so why not..

Fitted the seats the other day..

interw.jpg

Quick pic from cars and coffee yesterday..Plan to raise the front a touch and add spacers.

0257y.jpg

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Ok havent updated in a while so here goes..

After fitting the interior i picked up a few other bits recently.

OEM balljoints/wishbones
Elf 5w40
Elf 75w80
Dot 4 (used different stuff instead)
Rear exhaust mount
oil filter
air filter
Nkg prf6e-10 plugs

wp000178z.jpg

Got all these bits fiitted along with the vibratech engine mounts and ktec exhaust i got for christmas.Huge difference to the car straight away even with the ktec coiovers the car feels good but the coils are still a little soft but not nearly as bad a some people make out.

I then picked these up,

I have BC's on my e46 and i rate them.Very comfie on the road if need be and then more than capable for the odd track day.Also picked up some braided lines.

wp000191j.jpg

wp000192w.jpg

wp000193z.jpg

wp000194s.jpg

Then i said id get myself some oem rear discs and yellowstuff pads..I know they get mixed reviews on here as does everything lol but as i spent a fortune already i got them for a decent price so said id give them a try.If they are s**t il change them:)

wp000196v.jpg

And finally today i picked up oem track rod ends,power steering pressure swith and some fluid.

wp000197m.jpg

Car is going in saturday to get the parts above fitted along with my brembo HC front discs so looking foward to seeing what shes like when i get it all sorted and alligned.As i said the wishbones and balljoints mad a huge difference so with the track rods and BC's she should be nice.

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
i ordered from ktec without abs ring? did they give me the wrong ones? can i still use them on the cup?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
You can fit them rear discs mate. Obviously you don't need the abs rings on your Cup but makes no difference to fitting.

Ensure you refit the little spacers behind the rear discs and re-torque to 175nm

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You can fit them rear discs mate. Obviously you don't need the abs rings on your Cup but makes no difference to fitting.

Ensure you refit the little spacers behind the rear discs and re-torque to 175nm

Is that the thrush washer? Yeah my first 172 was off the road for 2 days after i put it on the wrong way round and it burst into 100 bits, Renault only part. FUUUUUUUUCCCC...

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Looks great exterior wise, but if it was me as much as I like my luxuries I'd be too tempted to go for a more purposeful interior with it being a cup.

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Cheers guys.

@Gareth,

i still have the cup interior and if i was turning it into a track car id be getting proper seats but this interior came up at the right price and i think it looks alot better than the grey cup seats and weigh the same so why not.Im not a fan of the cup seats at all.

Clio cup172
Car looks great mate love the wheels not a fan of the interior got to agree with you when you say the cup seats look naff but I think I read somewhere that they are more supportive that the standard 172 seats I might be wrong each to there own mate :D