ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cleee-O

MG ZR 160 VVC
coming along nicely, really like it so far. especially those lights too but cant really justify spending £130 on em..

should be a good project not always easy to pull of 5door one either imo. keep it up :)

S23

The Cleee-O
Cheers man :) Yea I know what you mean, I begrudged paying that much for them but I do like them a lot, and I reckon they'll suit the car a lot better when it's as clean as the lights. haha.

Yea, I hope I can live up to creating a good five door :D.

Never above 25mpg
Oh yea. And VeinAST; thanks for the info on the grille, that sounds a hell of a lot easier to do then I originally thought. Is there a guide on here how to do it? Like with pictures and things?

But yea, anyway. Just wanted to say thanks for that. Means a new grille is a definate thing to get now, cause it's easy to fit :rasp:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum//showthread.php?t=160716

Will have to meet up next time Im in Exeter mate.

S23

The Cleee-O
Will have to meet up next time Im in Exeter mate.

Yea mate sounds gud. :) Could be a little while though, as I'm going back to Southampton tomorrow until Christmas probably. lol. Uni you see ;) .

Cheers for the guide though, will have to find one of those grilles now then :D

S23

The Cleee-O
My Cleee-O : New Whimmmmzzzz Page 3 =D

Right then! Finally got some new Whimmmmmzzzzz for the Cleee-O. :D They're not the 14x8 Borbets that I originally wanted, but they are still 5 spokes, and are 14x8's which are ET15...so I still have a nice load of dish. Wrapped in 195/45/14 Toyo Proxes T1R's. Had to get them as they were up for a Lidl price, but Waitrose quality. ;)

Ladies, Gentlemen and those of you who are as of yet undecided, I give you the Steffan BCW's :cool:

When I picked them up,
DSC00015.jpg

Comparison of Wheels, Old And New,
DSC00016.jpg

Desired Camber on the rear :rasp:
DSC00017.jpg

One Side done,
DSC00019.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

Old one and new one on ('Scuse the crap quality and the fact you might not actually be able to see the difference cause of it :(),
DSC00021.jpg

Love this shot, looks like a Go-Kart :),
DSC00022.jpg

Couple of front shots,
DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Rear 3/4 Shot, Mmmmmm Dish :D,
DSC00028.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

Front Wheel,
DSC00031.jpg

Down Low front shot,
DSC00033.jpg

It looks good. So happy with the finished product. However, it wasn't so easy as I made out...

x Jacking it up and down by myself needs the use of; 1 long wooden batton, 2 trolley jacks, a thick bit of timber and 2 axle stands.
x The Callipers are so close to the inside of the rim, I swear you can't fit paper in between them.
x The left-hand side calliper was actually touching the inside of the rim :dapprove:. So ended up filing down the top of the calliper so that it wouldn't rub.
x Started to drive, and the rears started to rub a little...Okay, I say a little, quite a lot. Drove for another minute or so? Then was greeted by the sound of flayling rubber whiping my rear arches. :cry: A nice way to break in my new Toyo's :(

DSC00025.jpg

Despite the arch gap I had, the suspension travel was obviously too much. The fronts were fine (and they were closer).

So, I need some rear camber to make them fit in...then hopefully I'll be able to get rid of the rear arch gap too. :approve:

So yea, hope you like the pictures. :D

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
The wheels look really nice! The stance is great to, a nice gap between the arch and wheels! Keep us posted!

BUT.... GET A BETTER CAMERA ;)

S23

The Cleee-O
BUT.... GET A BETTER CAMERA ;)

Dude! I have a couple of kick-ass cameras...left both of them at my digs in Uni :( Don't worry, wil get some rip-roaring shots soonage. Hopefully some rolling roads would be good :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Love it!! :D

So good to see someone doing their own thing and not following the trends of others.

Fair play to you mate. :D

S23

The Cleee-O
looks really good, it actually suits being a 5 door!

Cheers bud :)

It's sounds silly, but dinky wheels suit 5 door hatches much better than bigger ones imo. Glad you like it though.

Got some better pictures to put on tomorrow, so watch this space :D

S23

The Cleee-O
get it colour coded

SNC00141.jpg

Cheers for the idea man, thought about it but it's not for me. It suits yours, but it won't suit mine. Eventually I'm gonna do the inserts pearl black. ;) But that'll probably be next year tbh.

Low 'n' Slow
i wasn't sure about getting mine colour coded at first, thought it looked better with the black breaking it up. Glad i got it done now though as it looks loads better

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
That looks good! Reminds me of my Polo. Slammed on F -14x7 R - 14x8 (With a stretch) Steffan BCW's.

The black breaks up the colour IMO. Unless your looking to get a sport front/rear. I think its a waste of precious wheel whorin' money!

Clio V6
Gloss black inserts will look very nice. Are you on any veedub forums? You'll find some cool inspiration for that retro look, if thats what your after.:cool:

S23

The Cleee-O
i wasn't sure about getting mine colour coded at first, thought it looked better with the black breaking it up. Glad i got it done now though as it looks loads better

Fair enough man. Glad you like yours like that, only thing is I don't personally think it'll suit my car. Rather have the bumpers broken up with flat black. I Like it all colour coded if the whole car is black or silver, not so much if it's an actual colour though. :)

That looks good! Reminds me of my Polo. Slammed on F -14x7 R - 14x8 (With a stretch) Steffan BCW's.

The black breaks up the colour IMO. Unless your looking to get a sport front/rear. I think its a waste of precious wheel whorin' money!

Cheers man, yea not looking to get any sports stuff apart from the grill. At the end of the day, it isn't a sport and I don't wanna immitate one, and I personally don't see the point in it so gonna save my doller and break those bumpers up! :D

Gloss black inserts will look very nice. Are you on any veedub forums? You'll find some cool inspiration for that retro look, if thats what your after.:cool:

Yea man, my roots and all my mates are Dubs. I'm on my local Dub forum (as I have been for a couple of years), as well as the usual Wheel *****s, Edition, that sort of stuff. Don't really know what sort of 'style' I'm going for as such, but I spose I could sort of classify it as a 'Modern Day Euro'? Ha, We'll see by the end I'm sure :rasp:

That does look pretty awesome mate, get some ghetto style camber on the rear, few washers and you're done!

S23

The Cleee-O
how much have you lowerd this then pal

I've got V-Maxx Coilies. All the way down on the back, so roughly about 60mm, and probably about the same on the front? Although I do still have about 10-15mm to go down on the front coils. :D

That does look pretty awesome mate, get some ghetto style camber on the rear, few washers and you're done!

Cheers dude! I neeedddddd camber. :D Not even for looks, for function. Haha, I had to raise it yesterday to stop it ruining my tires, as soon as that's done (maybe about 3 degrees? ;)) Then I can deck it back down :cool:

S23

The Cleee-O
Had a nice little cleaning session today, I say little it took 4 hours as per usual. :clown: But! I do have one hell of a clean car now! So yea, hope you like the decent quality foto's of it on it's new whimzzzz. :D.

IMG_6557.jpg

IMG_6570.jpg

IMG_6574.jpg

IMG_6578.jpg
IMG_6579.jpg

IMG_6582.jpg

IMG_6583.jpg

IMG_6598.jpg

IMG_6602.jpg

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6607.jpg

IMG_6559.jpg

IMG_6562.jpg

IMG_6610.jpg

Sorry people, I do love a good bit of camera wh or ing :D

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Much better photos now! I love the look, its really neat :approve: The Bear heads on the back side windows are awesome :D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Wow this is nice, first five door clio I've really liked, wheels are spot on, ride height is spot on, and how nice and black the trim is really makes it look good.

Good work so far, looking forward to the rest.

S23

The Cleee-O
Much better photos now! I love the look, its really neat :approve: The Bear heads on the back side windows are awesome :D

Cheers man! I'd like to think that it looks quite clean. The only offensive parts I want on the car are colour, and the drop. :rasp: Yeaaaa, Peedo Bear is where it's at! I just have a vision of me overtaking someone, looking across and just seeing the bear and being like 'WTF?!' Ha. ;)

Wow this is nice, first five door clio I've really liked, wheels are spot on, ride height is spot on, and how nice and black the trim is really makes it look good.

Good work so far, looking forward to the rest.

Cheers dude! Ha, that's awesome to know I have turned your ways to the five door ;). If i'm being honest, I hate five doors. But i'm starting to like mine now :approve:

i think im in love with ur car mate .... looking s**t hot !!

Haha, I glad you like it that much man. Haha, are we talking wedding bell love? :clown: :rasp:

S23

The Cleee-O
I'm a fan! :)

Maybe a wee bit too many stickers for me though! :rasp:

Well gud! I have my first fan :rasp: lol. Ha, I have a bit of a thing for stickers though, and unless some mega special ones come up now, I think I'm done on that front now :D

Sorry but Gheey stickers.

12. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it". You are welcome to say you do not like the look of something but not post spiteful or hurtful comments repeatedly. Breaking this rule will result in a minor infraction (1 point).

;)

S23

The Cleee-O
12. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it". You are welcome to say you do not like the look of something but not post spiteful or hurtful comments repeatedly. Breaking this rule will result in a minor infraction (1 point).

;)

Haha! I just think he made the bears sad :( lol!