ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My cars starts 90% of the time????

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
My cars starts 90% of the time????
Basically 10% of the time I jump in, turn the key, lights come on the dash, nothing else happens? Battery is fine.
I think it must be the imobiliser??? Any ideas?

Mk5 golf gti
Does it turn over but not start if so its the TDC sensor

If it lierally does nothing then its immobiliser

dpes the red light stay on when you try an start it, the immobiliser light that usually flashes?

also post in problems section :rasp:

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
Yeah nothing happens with the engine, yeah red light still flashes, could it be the key fob?(even though the car unlocks/locks fine)
(It's a 172 mk2 btw)

Mk5 golf gti
hmm try unlocking getting in the car
then if it doesnt turnover, remove the key then lock the car with the fob then try an start

Fiesta ST-3
I had this issue when it was at the garage but now i have my little routine. Unlock car, turn keys to ignition, wait for all lights to go out and then start. If i try and rush it, it doesnt like it.

Lupo GTI
I have this problem every now and then.
I basically just lock the car. Sit for a couple of seconds, unlock and its fine.

Such wonderful french things.

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
I'm not sure, I'll try it tomorrow morning see if I can here the fuel pump

should I let renault have a look at it?

It's nothing to do with locking/unlocking, it's usually a relay related issue that stops the fuel rail from being primed the first time of asking.

When you turn the kit to pre-ignition you should hear a whrrrr of the fuel pump priming in the back of the car? If not it probably will struggle to start. Key back to full stop, then back to pre-ignition and it should prime the second time.

Mk5 golf gti
It's nothing to do with locking/unlocking, it's usually a relay related issue that stops the fuel rail from being primed the first time of asking.

When you turn the kit to pre-ignition you should hear a whrrrr of the fuel pump priming in the back of the car? If not it probably will struggle to start. Key back to full stop, then back to pre-ignition and it should prime the second time.

its immobiliser related because the light is staying on sureley?

thats why locking/unlocking sorts it, its as though the immobiliser reverses itself i.e when locked it doesnt activate and when unlocked it does activate

hence why when you lock it again it starts, do they have a auto lock feature as that can cause this

Sorry I stand corrected as I did not read the thread, I assumed it was turning over and not starting on the first call.

Megane 225 F1
Tom that sounds like something my car did a few times last week. Wouldn't start 1st time, then 2nd time it started straight away.