ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car vs a van - pics

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
My premium wasn't affected when declaring a non fault incident, FYI.

A lot of people say this, but....

I bought the car, 1 week later some dick crashes into it whilst it's parked

I do a second insurance quote 1 week later, as if I had the exact accident that had happened 51 weeks ago and it was 50% more expensive.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of people say this, but....

I bought the car, 1 week later some dick crashes into it whilst it's parked

I do a second insurance quote 1 week later, as if I had the exact accident that had happened 51 weeks ago and it was 50% more expensive.

I don't know anyone in the last few years who's premium didn't go up as a direct result of a none fault claim.

It's a bit of a piss take really.

Mine went up because someone reversed into the side of a hire car I was in.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I wasn't even driving mine, that's what really gets my goat.

Parked in a sensible place, not in the car. Apparently this should raise my premium by 50%??!? WTF!

It's almost made me want to sell it before I have to re-new. I was happy with the insurance being as low as it was, and it was one of the main reasons for getting the car TBH.

Yup seems to be the way it's going, I know several people who've had cars hit while they were parked and despite being completely free from blame themselves their premiums have increased. Harsh, although given the epidemic of people claiming for whiplash after any accident (I've seen dickheads on here suggesting people should claim) then I guess it's no surprise insurers are using any means to claw money back.

Bad luck Alan, hopefully your premium won't see a big increase and the body shop do decent repair on the damage.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yup seems to be the way it's going, I know several people who've had cars hit while they were parked and despite being completely free from blame themselves their premiums have increased. Harsh, although given the epidemic of people claiming for whiplash after any accident (I've seen dickheads on here suggesting people should claim) then I guess it's no surprise insurers are using any means to claw money back.

Bad luck Alan, hopefully your premium won't see a big increase and the body shop do decent repair on the damage.

Makes me proper sick TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if the boy who hit mine tried to claim off of his own insurance for whiplash!

Total cost to him for hitting two cars was just shy of 10k though I believe. I wouldn't want his insurance next year!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'd imagine the cost of the claim might play a part then. Rob, you say the claim was £10K. Mine was £500.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's down as £0 mate.

The cost was 0 to my insurer, and I have no way of finding out the costs, it was only through "channels" that I found out how much.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That 10k was me and another car, I'm pretty sure there's no way to decipher between the two costs, also it's the cost to your insurer, right?

I have nothing to do with his insurance company and they don't offer me any information, so surely I cannot find out?

The 50% increase was down as putting £0 on the claim amount, as I didn't claim any money.

I don't know anyone in the last few years who's premium didn't go up as a direct result of a none fault claim.

I wonder if it's a (relatively) recent thing.

I ploughed into the back of a car (which in turn bounced off the car in front of it). No idea what the total bill was but my car was a write off and was worth about £3500. I also got sued for "uninsured losses" whatever the f**k they were. Anyway, it probably cost insurers an absolute fortune in the end. Obviously it was my fault but I had my NCB protected and while I don't recall the exact figures I don't remember a significant rise in my next years premium at all. If there was any increase it was minimal. However this all took place about 10 years ago so perhaps things were handled differently then?

My insurance increased less than £20 for declaring 2 accidents. One that I know for a fact was in excess of 20k.

White clique
Pffft, this dildo van driver has now put in a personal injury claim saying he has whiplash. My insurance company (and me) are not impressed and they are going to get a claims investigator out to take road layout pics and a statement. TBH i am pretty confident that once they have seen the road layout that the claim will go in my favour, and i'm well up for helping them out as much as possible! There are so many ways i know i can stitch him up purely from a visibility point of view.

From the pics in the first post you can see that the glass is about 2 foot over the line. The van driver is claiming that he has already completed the reverse and was stationary, and that i pulled out of the junction in to the back of him. TBH my car has regenerating bumpers up to 2.5mph and at that speed they just spring back in to place as per here:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/pricesan...@bb-RTg5X1JP@bm-TEw1Mg==@co-181260448,00.html

.. and my car is auto so from the junction i would have to have gone from standstill to taking my foot off the brake and the car rolling forwards in auto to about 10 mph in 2 foot to have caused anywhere near that amount of damage to my car and his van. Or alternatively of course he reversed into my car from across the road and it was all his fault.

Not even sure why i am entertaining this knobbler, SEE HIM IN COURT!!!

Pffft, this dildo van driver has now put in a personal injury claim saying he has whiplash. My insurance company (and me) are not impressed and they are going to get a claims investigator out to take road layout pics and a statement. TBH i am pretty confident that once they have seen the road layout that the claim will go in my favour, and i'm well up for helping them out as much as possible! There are so many ways i know i can stitch him up purely from a visibility point of view.

From the pics in the first post you can see that the glass is about 2 foot over the line. The van driver is claiming that he has already completed the reverse and was stationary, and that i pulled out of the junction in to the back of him. TBH my car has regenerating bumpers up to 2.5mph and at that speed they just spring back in to place as per here:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/pricesandspecifications_detail/0,,1156_181249833__bs-WjQ%3D@bb-RTg5X1JP@bm-TEw1Mg%3D%3D@co-181260448,00.html

.. and my car is auto so from the junction i would have to have gone from standstill to taking my foot off the brake and the car rolling forwards in auto to about 10 mph in 2 foot to have caused anywhere near that amount of damage to my car and his van. Or alternatively of course he reversed into my car from across the road and it was all his fault.

Not even sure why i am entertaining this knobbler, SEE HIM IN COURT!!!

What a prize c**t. Hang him out to dry.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Pffft, this dildo van driver...

...?

any_van_Driver.gif

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Proper c**t mate! Really pisses me off when people can't just hold their hands up when they are in the wrong, and it was completely their fault!

Hope you get it sorted, and the van driver doesn't get a penny. Should be done for trying to make a fraudulent claim also!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
f***s sake Alan, things are never simple mate :dapprove:

Hopefully things get sorted sooner rather than later mate.

White clique
Proper c**t mate! Really pisses me off when people can't just hold their hands up when they are in the wrong, and it was completely their fault!

Hope you get it sorted, and the van driver doesn't get a penny. Should be done for trying to make a fraudulent claim also!

Yes agreed, its one of those examples when i can legitimately say "these people put our insurance premiums up"! His story already doesnt stack up and i think he's just making himself look stupid if he really is trying to claim he was stationary and i drove less than 2 foot and smashed our cars and vans up and gave him whiplash. My insurance company are completely backing me up and say they will "fully" pursue this as a non-fault claim.

f**ks sake Alan, things are never simple mate :dapprove:

Hopefully things get sorted sooner rather than later mate.

cheers dude, i get the Z4 back tomorrow so i'll not have to put up with being seen in this monstrosity for much longer (i feel like putting a bag over my head when driving it):

001-9.gif

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
  White clique
That seems a bit of a piss take.

Gutted though mate - as said previously, hope you don't get too bummed because of it.

How is the house buying going?

yes it seems a pisstake to me, but i guess the part would have just gone in the bin otherwise. However are they going to give me and the insurance company the money they make from the bumper? No!! They've got laods of customers bumpers for sale on ebay :rolleyes:

The last time i spoke to the insurance company they are still keen to fight it as non fault, the crash was back in May so i think if anyone was going to admit liability they would have done so by now, i suspect 50/50 but my insurance company seem confident though. No news is good news! If it goes 50/50 the van driver who hit me will still get a 50% personal injury pay out, i get nothing as i am honest and havent put in an injury claim, so basically he gets a grand or 2 for wrecking my car. Seems wrong.

The house is going ok-ish thanks mate, a bit of a delay as the seller of the house i am buying is having a baby on 6th sept, i have sold mine and i am a few weeks away from moving into the new pad, i'll have a garage so the next step will be to see if my car will actually fit in it!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Shitter.

I personally hate whiplash claims. I was in A+E last week (broke my hand) These two pellets walked in and went to the desk (where I was sat next to)

"we've been in a crash this morning and my back has started hurting, my neck hurts and my chest is also hurting" Took one look at them and knew they were bullshiting. Sat on google a few chairs away picking which legal firm to go with as some were giving away free ipads but others were giving away iphones, felt sorry for them as they couldn't pick which one they wanted for ages, must of been pretty stressful.

White clique
s**tter.

I personally hate whiplash claims. I was in A+E last week (broke my hand) These two pellets walked in and went to the desk (where I was sat next to)

"we've been in a crash this morning and my back has started hurting, my neck hurts and my chest is also hurting" Took one look at them and knew they were bulls**ting. Sat on google a few chairs away picking which legal firm to go with as some were giving away free ipads but others were giving away iphones, felt sorry for them as they couldn't pick which one they wanted for ages, must of been pretty stressful.

have a listen to this, you'll want to explode!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18889902