ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my car pops flames with standard ecu map!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
anyone ever heard of a standard ecu 172 doing this? it was poping flames when i lifted off on the limiter in 5th yesterday?

standard cams and TB

182 manifold, decat and k-tec stealth!

RB 182 Cup
off topic but hahaha you legend! Asif hitting the limiter in 5th is a everyday thing!

172cup
i can't get mine to hit the limiter in 5th... the over-revving light is well lit, but never bounces off the limiter

PH2 172
I want my cup to split flames iv got a yozzasport cat back system you think by decating it i might get some flames

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its never going to pop flames like the ITB cars do unless you get it mapped to spit fire!!! but i cant see why it wont pop a flame like mine did yesterday with a decat, but its only done it once so wouldnt say its worth spending money on a decat for that alone! lol

PH2 172
I dont just want to buy a decat for it to split flames but would like it to split some flames was goin to decat it a nd filter then remap so if i told them to map it so it did split a flame then they could as my mate has a 106 gti that splits flames when he changes gear

172 cup
renaults like to spit flames on overrun, btw helps if you tap the throttle ever so slightly when on over run. Not enough to rev engine, but enough to let a bit of air through. Works a treat :p

DCi
I went out with my biker friends and one of them said when he was behind me he could hear my car popping along, he didn't mention flames though.

He also said he couldn't hear his bike over my noise :D