ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car from the start. Kinda..

Flame Red Delight
Just a small update, I have acquired a full 172 front end so that may be going on, maybe not, unsure yet

E92 M3
the backs dont even matter it cant go any where apart from the exhaust looks loadz better with that bumper on matey

Flame Red Delight
Few pics of todays updates, New front badge and painted the side bullets myself, i am very happy with the result on the bullets and front diamond.

DSC_3814.jpg

DSC_3815.jpg

DSC_3816.jpg

DSC_3817.jpg

Flame Red Delight
paints not orange peeley if you got a close up of it mate, and yea i need some coilovers in my life and oz f1s are coming soon in black

Flame Red Delight
Sorry mate never noticed that one, shoulda dropped me a pm, I got the paint from autopaint at helens, type that in google and they will come up, they send the paints to you etc, the colour is Renault J36 acid yellow :) anymore help drop me a pm

Edit, very easy to take off mate

Flame Red Delight
well good luck mate, its not that easy, all i can say to you is take your time and keep the paint coats very thin and make sure the paint doesnt run

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Haha gaz, think you should get some bird stains and join the club ;)

haha im tryin to wind dave up but dont think he is having it. seen the bird s**t car outside le monde the night, although he went to berlin so no banter!

Rb 182
haha im tryin to wind dave up but dont think he is having it. seen the bird s**t car outside le monde the night, although he went to berlin so no banter!

Berlin was top notch! Car needs a wash. I might throw some water at it today.

Why were you walking around on your own? :nono:

1.2 dynamique
Those wheels look much better than the old set! Loving your car so far...

The 172 rear bumper damage looks like it has been dented in and then heated up and pushed out to try and repair it.. and it has cracked the paint..

Liking the white brake calipers too... are the wheels going white to match?
Also, how come you didn't mask off the tyres?

Cheers,
Alex
:)

Flame Red Delight
yea thats prob what has happened mate, i am thinking i may respray it myself if the wheels turn out good (boast up my confidence)

I also have a full 172 front end sitting in my garage which i am not sure about fitting yet as its gonna cost a fortune to get it all sprayed,

The wheels are going white mate yea, i also have vmaxx coilovers going on it in the next month :D

Tyres werent masked off because they are all shot (like 1 mm of tread if your lucky lol) and will be coming off anyways

1.2 dynamique
If you are getting new tyres put on them be careful as hand painted wheels aren't that great at standing up to brutal tyre fitters..(i wrote the guide on here for spraying and filling alloys wheels - my brother is Jungle_JiM :) )

If you are spraying the rear bumper yourself have you though about possibly hiring a compressor and airgun to spray them properly? and you could do the 172 front end?

I recently colour coded mine using rattle cans.. but i bought some really fine sanding pads and put them on my porter cable to sand the bump strips completely smooth and flat.. and i managed to get a pretty good finish.. will look good when i have compounded them with the porter cable in the summer..

IMG_0225.jpg

White wheels will look awesome! Im liking the black and white theme.. but i know white wheels would annoy me as they would need cleaning on a weekly basis!

Good luck!
Al
:)

Flame Red Delight
i clean my car like 3/4 times a week anyways, i am a car valeter part time aswell so my car is techinally my show peice if you get me, so everything has to be perfect on my car.

Yea i sorta followed jungle jims guide on the wheels, and im gonna need to watch what i do when i get the tyres fitted as i know the paint wont last long

I dont have a porter cable atm and i think it would cost a fortune to rent out the air gun thing could weight up costs etc

Cheers anyways mate, and your work on the rear bumper part looks nice

Storm Grey 200
So hang on, you bought all of the stuff needed to make it into a rep, and now your getting rid, how come?