ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My car from the start. Kinda..

Flame Red Delight
Well this is the earliest picture i have of my car im affraid cant seem to find any earlier ones. But basically this is my first car. 2000 x reg clio grande 1.2 8v (yes very slow) Basically i bought it completely standard and tbh was in a bit of a state. Gradually over time i have restored the paintwork and just gradually modified it aswell. First mod was the 15" tsw alloys then i lowered it 35mm on terrible spaxx springs. And these are the pics :

SSL20537.jpg

SSL20542.jpg

Best mod to do to a grande:
SSL20523.jpg

Still kinda subtle modifications :

SSL20488.jpg

How the car looked untill a few days ago:

DSC_3705.jpg

DSC_3713.jpg

DSC_3708.jpg

DSC_3707.jpg

DSC_3711.jpg

How it looked untill today:

DSC_3768.jpg

DSC_3767.jpg

List of mods:

Lowered on 40mm apex springs
15" tsw alloys
Pioneer ipod reading headunit
Changed component speakers in front and rear door cards
6 by 9s in the parcel shelve
Fli active sub
Phase 2 16v bump strips
Dynamique rear spoiler in pearl black
Megane phase 2 front splitter
Added phase 1 172 fog lights
Full 182 cup interior with door cards in the back but not in the front as they dont fit :(
Sport dials in white
Had chavvy M3 mirrors but these have been taken off now and originals back on.
Phase 2 rear light conversion
Not to forget the yellow front diamond and the peugeot 306 aerial

Think thats all thats been done so far.

whats sitting about my garage and is getting done:

Have dual optics and 172 phase 2 rear bumper and stalk control adapters sitting in my garage waiting to be fitted with the help of DJW Dave :D

Phase 2 bumpstrips and wing mirror covers are away to get sprayed the same colour as my car and i am going to get mish to spray the bullets whatever colour i want them (unsure as of yet)

Plans for the future:
I am maybe thinking full 172 phase 1 front end (if i cant afford it and can be bothered with all the hassle)

If not then it will be colour code the front bumper strip on mine, try and source some cheap coilovers and try and get my hands on a set of 16" oz f1 alloys or it will be 172 alloys and these will be getting sprayed white :D

Comments and critisicm appreciated, let me know what you think of my plans and anything else i should maybe do, i will keep this thread updated on what i am doing, when i have finally got round to fitting the parts in my garage.

Thanks for looking

Callum

Re: Not really from the beginning but my project

Nice car, Not too sure on the wing mirrors.

Also think this should be in clio media, As its not a project.

Flame Red Delight

wing mirrors are off and are being sprayed black at the moment and i may become a project, it may not thats why i was in 2 minds. Depends whether i cant be bothered doing the full 172 front end conversion

Flame Red Delight

they are renault j36 which is V6 acid yellow

Flame Red Delight

Will have an update on Monday I'll keep this thread posted

F56 MINI Cooper S

Where did you get the spray from for the wing mirrors? Are they easy to get off?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

looks nice, not a big fan of the wheels tho,

Storm Grey 200

Co-ordinate, you have a yellow diamond, red calipers and acid yellow wing mirrors. Just looks a bit messy, but deffo potential :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

needs colour coding all round, door strips front and back bumper

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Looks good mate, how hard were the clocks to do? I wasnt sure if you could put the better clocks into the ph1's!!? What model were they from?

R53 Cooper S

spotted your car a few times in livi mate, not a fan of the mirrors, but other than that looks good!...

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

KAK! I will sell u a full 172 for £1300

378bhp Leon Cupra R

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL!! @ G4Z aka David Dickinson (bargain hunter)

SpeakOutDavidDickinson.jpg

HAW! HAW HAW!! TAWKINABOOOOUT!

Flame Red Delight

Well update of todays work, receieved my bumpstrips and wing mirrors back from the bodyshop today also fitted my 172 rear bumper, let me know what you think:

DSC_3789.jpg

DSC_3782.jpg

DSC_3790.jpg

DSC_3792.jpg

DSC_3784.jpg

anybody any idea what i could do about this?
DSC_3787.jpg

I am now thinking the car needs to go a fair bit lower and i am also looking for a set of oz f1 wheels or 172 phase 2 alloys in need of a refurb as im gonna do them white, i also am looking for a set of coilovers if anybody has any for sale?

I am also looking for a colour scheme for my car? as i am going to get the bullets done it that colour, i am thinking white?

audi a6 3.0tdi
Re: My car

Get some ph2 172 wheels in white as you said and follow the white and black theme. I wouldn't ph2 the front as it would cost a fortune i'd try find a ph1 172 bumper for a decent price and fit that.

Flame Red Delight
Re: My car

yea i am thinking i am going to do the white black theme, and i was thinking phase 1 172 bumper but i would need wings skirts etc and finding a black phase 1 with a rear end crash would be looking for a needle in a haystack, wouldnt fancy selling me the front off yours would you ;)

Flame Red Delight
sure is, have started spraying the bullets and am also still in talks about phase 1 172 front end :D

Ian

Focus TDCi
Just got your PM pal.

The car's well on its way now, looking good! Our cars are basically going to end up the same lol. I would stay classy with the colour coding, if I were to do anything to mine it would probably be silver.

Flame Red Delight
i am thinking i like the whole white on black thing :D bit of contrast, yea our cars are gonna be similar i think :D

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yeah white would work well, needs keeping clean though! If you haven't seen what it looks like Matta_88 has a set of white 172 alloys on his.

How did you find fitting the rear bumper in the end? Mine was a right pain, but I think it's sorted now.

Flame Red Delight
i now have no rear arch liners and it was a bit of a pain yes but its well worth it in the end :D brembo fancy a meet sometime mate ?

Ian

Focus TDCi
i now have no rear arch liners and it was a bit of a pain yes but its well worth it in the end :D brembo fancy a meet sometime mate ?

£45 from Renault for a pair of ph2 liners. Bit of a rip off, but finishes it off properly. :)

Bugger all you can do with that rear bumper apart from get it re-painted I'm afraid. Tidy motor though :D

Flame Red Delight
ill just wait till some1 is breaking one and ill get them cheapish also my arch liners were a pain to get off as the screws were all rusted, i now have a screw with no head thats stuck so its going to be a job to get that off, that needs to be done before i can get any archliners on, that make sense?

Evo
I respect anyone who spends decent money and effort on a 1.2 and makes it look that nice. Takes more commitment than to do it with a 2.0

Good effort mate, looking spot on, like the yozza stickers!

Ian

Focus TDCi
ill just wait till some1 is breaking one and ill get them cheapish also my arch liners were a pain to get off as the screws were all rusted, i now have a screw with no head thats stuck so its going to be a job to get that off, that needs to be done before i can get any archliners on, that make sense?

Yeah, know exactly what you mean - mine took forever to get off due to all the screws being rusted (and the fact my brother had run off with my torx set). Forgot to say, you can get the arch liners from Joshydee at Clio spares for about £25 all in I believe, bit cheaper than Renault.

Flame Red Delight
yea think i might just do that ^ not sure what i am going to do about this remaining screw though :( and the colour scheme has been decided its going to be black and white :D

and thanks ben mate :D

Ian

Focus TDCi
yea think i might just do that ^ not sure what i am going to do about this remaining screw though :( and the colour scheme has been decided its going to be black and white :D

and thanks ben mate :D

Which screw is it? The only places that my arch liners screwed into were the old bumper, so that wouldn't be a problem? There's the bolt on the inside of the arch, but that wouldn't get in the way of anything either.. can't think which you mean dude.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5

Ye sure mate, will maybe go to the meet in Edinburgh though!

Flame Red Delight
Which screw is it? The only places that my arch liners screwed into were the old bumper, so that wouldn't be a problem? There's the bolt on the inside of the arch, but that wouldn't get in the way of anything either.. can't think which you mean dude.

The one thats inside of the wheel arch, i had to cut the arch liner off around the screw as it was that badly rusted on,

and hope to see you there then brembo mate :D

Ian

Focus TDCi
The one thats inside of the wheel arch, i had to cut the arch liner off around the screw as it was that badly rusted on,

and hope to see you there then brembo mate :D

Ah ok, fair enough. I would just keep putting WD40 on it or something until it shifts. They weren't too bad for me. Could probably cut the bolt off and weld a new one on, or drill a hole for a new one next to it maybe. Sure you'll figure it anyway. :)